How do you all feel about wagstaff?

Love him so far. His quotes funny as hell and poke fun at game logic (such as the plastic bag from Trailmix magically appearing), he looks great with and without his goggles, his craftables are all very useful and unique, and the near-sightness is an interesting downside that I don't mind managing.

like him good quotes and attributes hes fun yet i haven't done his constructions yet his downsides are manageable 

and with his near sided ness as a downside that can be negated not just by items but by personal knowledge its really enjoyable

13 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

like him good quotes and attributes hes fun yet i haven't done his constructions yet his downsides are manageable 

and with his near sided ness as a downside that can be negated not just by items but by personal knowledge its really enjoyable

The near nearsightedness does make it so that some things can't be interacted with until you get really close to them, so you may know what everything is but it's still a prominent downside. For example, you can't pick grass if it's too far away, Wagstaff just comments that it could theoretically be his Aunt or something.

The real downside with him is you can't really use hats to restore sanity or keep warm/cool if you want to be able to see clearly.

Just now, Quoth143 said:

how do you use his Fryfocals??

" Fryfocals can be used to damage Mobs whilst igniting them. Be wary as the fire can spread to other flammable objects if the mob is near. Similiar to other googles, it removes nearsighted-ness while giving a sepia tint. " - from the wiki

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

" Fryfocals can be used to damage Mobs whilst igniting them. Be wary as the fire can spread to other flammable objects if the mob is near. Similiar to other googles, it removes nearsighted-ness while giving a sepia tint. " - from the wiki

Okay, but how do you activate them?

3 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Okay, but how do you activate them?

You can't have anything in the hand-slot to use them. It overrides your unarmed attack.

Love him.
Best tiny crazy science man.

Here's a note no one has mentioned so far that I know of, something many people seemingly don't know is that you can control his Teleportation.
Only works with 2, but if you have 2 telipads, you can visit one another by standing in the center of one.
Really neat.

16 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Love him.
Best tiny crazy science man.

Here's a note no one has mentioned so far that I know of, something many people seemingly don't know is that you can control his Teleportation.
Only works with 2, but if you have 2 telipads, you can visit one another by standing in the center of one.
Really neat.

I recall this working with Telelocators, so it makes sense.

19 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

a note no one has mentioned so far that I know of, something many people seemingly don't know is that you can control his Teleportation.

Really neat.

This sounds a bit more like a work around... Tbh I wish he had a bit more control over which telipad is he going to spawn from.. From the get go

Not sure if I can play him. The blurry view without goggles is stressing my eyes, after a few minutes they hurt & tear. I don't know what it is, had the same in WoW a few years ago when the character is drunk and the screen gets super blurry.

He's cool once you get visor 

Quotes are interesting , he seems very excited about reproducing tragedy of ruins in the normal world

Not being able to full heal with dry meat kinda hurts me on a personal level, but its not that bad

He's really good at getting wood but i don't like his lower range on teleportation 

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not entirely impressed by Wagstaff.

I am by no means an expert, but it seems clear to me that Klei has lost some of the direction of the original art style, for example the messiness. When you see Wagstaff's portrait in the line-up next to the other vanilla characters, he sticks out like an (admittedly very well done) mod character. His outlines are way to clean and his hair looks like it has been ripped off a dupe from Oxygen Not Included. I think Wilba,  Wormwood (and even Warbucks) were better in this regard, maybe they were done by a different artist.

Design-wise I can't say much because I haven't played a lot, but overall I got an impression of: "Look at the cool shaders we now can do! Let's see how many of those we can cram into a single character!" I also feel that certain strings should be excluded from the random pool of object names he's using, mainly unimplemented items, character names and causes of death from the morgue. Right now I'm living in a house with a door called Woodie and a fridge called Resurrection Sickness. I do enjoy his quotes though (even if they show an unusual amount of typos).

2 hours ago, 1TeeMo said:

Not sure if I can play him. The blurry view without goggles is stressing my eyes, after a few minutes they hurt & tear. I don't know what it is, had the same in WoW a few years ago when the character is drunk and the screen gets super blurry.

Why would you play without his goggles in the first place? This is not intended.. That's why he has so many cool head pieces for every situation 

4 hours ago, Mueck said:

I think Wilba,  Wormwood (and even Warbucks) were better in this regard, maybe they were done by a different artist.

Yus, yus, there is a new set of devs/artist in the studio, the original artist moved onto DST and hired a new slew of lovely folk for DST's videos and DS's work.
They're trying their best, but aren't the originals.
Their work is amazing so far, but it also explains why stuff don't seem all that in tune with DS.

4 hours ago, Mueck said:

Right now I'm living in a house with a door called Woodie and a fridge called Resurrection Sickness.

I'm beyond Jealous.

4 hours ago, Mueck said:

I also feel that certain strings should be excluded from the random pool of object names he's using, mainly unimplemented items, character names and causes of death from the morgue. Right now I'm living in a house with a door called Woodie and a fridge called Resurrection Sickness.

love how many ridiculous things that far away objects can be labelled, and I hope it's not changed at all. Wagstaff without his goggles is like a way of showing off DS trivia. Just look at all of this:

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

16 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

love how many ridiculous things that far away objects can be labelled, and I hope it's not changed at all. Wagstaff without his goggles is like a way of showing off DS trivia. Just look at all of this:

Hide contents

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Theoreticaly, it could be his aunt Velma

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This sounds a bit more like a work around... Tbh I wish he had a bit more control over which telipad is he going to spawn from.. From the get go

The default behavior is to teleport to the nearest telepad, or second nearest if he's standing on a telepad.

Functionally, this means to have reliable control over where you go you probably won't have more than two pads, and will want to check the map to see which one you're closer to while out in the wilds.

Archived