How do you feel about Wheeler?

6 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I hope the devs make a table with different items iwth different dmg... it's a bit stupid a twig deals the same dmg as a rock.. kinda broken if you think about it

The horn's code has a list of items labeled high_ammo that is supposed to be tuned to give out 37 damage. There's a list of items labeled low_ammo that is tuned to give out 17 damage. I'm assuming anything that isn't in those lists (like Twigs) give out normal 34 damage. I did tests with Stingers, Ashes, and Twigs. Stingers (high ammo) did 37, Twigs (not in either list) did 34, and Ashes (low ammo) did 17.

12 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

Morsels guide you to rabbits. I don't know why it wouldn't work with other mobs.

You can give that a test... I already checked some items and I'm general it doesn't work with mob drops... But don't take my word for it.. You can test it further :)

12 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

The horn's code has a list of items labeled high_ammo that is supposed to be tuned to give out 37 damage. There's a list of items labeled low_ammo that is tuned to give out 17 damage. I'm assuming anything that isn't in those lists (like Twigs) give out normal 34 damage. I did tests with Stingers, Ashes, and Twigs. Stingers (high ammo) did 37, Twigs (not in either list) did 34, and Ashes (low ammo) did 17.

this is pretty interesting..  Ty so much for the info.. 

I definitely feel bad for her, it certainly seems like she got the short end of the stick in character creation compared to Wagstaff. I think personally she's good right where she's at, but that she could use extra stuff on top of some tweaks. I did however have one idea for a craftable for her which is a Hot Air Balloon. It would be a fuelable structure that allows air travel, letting her fly over any obstacle be it land gaps or walls. She does make reference to air travel so I just figured it'd fit pretty well. Another thing I'd suggest is (assuming this is intended or not), since she is immune to damage while sliding why not also let it preserve armor durability as well.

3 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I definitely feel bad for her, it certainly seems like she got the short end of the stick in character creation compared to Wagstaff. I think personally she's good right where she's at, but that she could use extra stuff on top of some tweaks. I did however have one idea for a craftable for her which is a Hot Air Balloon. It would be a fuelable structure that allows air travel, letting her fly over any obstacle be it land gaps or walls. She does make reference to air travel so I just figured it'd fit pretty well. Another thing I'd suggest is (assuming this is intended or not), since she is immune to damage while sliding why not also let it preserve armor durability as well.

Duuuuude a hot balloon would be really awesome!! .. But I think it's a bit complicated to animate that idea tbh

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I keep seeing people say she should move quicker.
I don't like this idea, but I do like the idea of her revolving around speed.

I think it should be like Wilbur, run a bit, and get faster.
Though, to make it unique, make her slowly build up speed, rather than suddenly start running. 

OR, have her speed revolve around her actions, as in, the more she works, (chops, mines, crafts) the quicker/more energized she'll be for a small while. Could also apply to fighting.

if that happens id love for when she speeds up to do that awesome stride she does in her poster

41 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

uuuuude a hot balloon would be really awesome!! .. But I think it's a bit complicated to animate that idea tbh

it could use a slightly modified version of the getting on a seaworthy animation

Wheeler has got perfect drawing. She is orginal character and I like her a bit. The inventory is not very big problem if you are not a collector (You can live without collecting seeds sorry c:)

But the air horn is uselles. It's dont damage even butterflies and I prefer melee weapons more.

Knick knack is very useful for rog too! But her negative skills is more than positive skills (She remains me willow).

Dodge skill is so autistic. I tried to fight with deerclops but I can't use dodge in game and this thing killed me in short time.

She is an explorer and she must be faster than other character.

She shouldn't judge, she should jump to short places (jumping can be cause losing hunger maybe). With that skill she will be able to jump to lilypads. It's would be more interesting! 

She should start with adventure hat and this hat should protect her from vines and bugs!

I didn't like the drawing of Wagstaff. He is really ugly drawed. Wilson's scientist's skins is more beautiful than him. His hair is so gray, it's should be more white. Her skin look like forgot coloring, it's so white! His clothes is good I'm not gonna lying.

His glasses are amazing useful. But I found him op a bit :D I don't eat raw food for gaining more hunger. He should have more negative skills.

The glasses is useful but... umm. It's have not different from miner hat. Yeah the laser one is good but the fire staff do this job better. He is a scientist, he should able to make mining machine, minion robots, cars and more! 

And I wish you guys update other all characters and make them interesting. I think the new updates will be good!

Just now, DoktorEnd said:

Wheeler has got perfect drawing.

I disagree Wheeler's art is perfect...

she looks sad in game.. her hair has very weird animation issues like cutting through her head when she is crafting or mining and from the back it looks very bad compared to the front.. I mean I got a thread talking about this in detail 

6 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

But the air horn is uselles. It's dont damage even butterflies and I prefer melee weapons more.

u need to load her gun to deal more dmg.. u can even use twigs for 34 dmg.. that's pretty strong

7 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

Dodge skill is so autistic. I tried to fight with deerclops but I can't use dodge in game and this thing killed me in short time.

?? her dodge is awesome... it has a cooldown tho... 

I don't get that part that you got killed by Deerclops.. he has a very ez kitting pattern and if you use one footbal helmet + logsuit you wont die... 

10 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

She shouldn't judge, 

I guess this is a typo

10 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

She is an explorer and she must be faster than other character. she should jump to short places (jumping can be cause losing hunger maybe). With that skill she will be able to jump to lilypads. It's would be more interesting! 

@Angel_Octolingand I were throwing some ideas together in wheeler's thread to make some mechanic around speed but maybe not direct speed.. 

like when she sprints and she looses hunger .. basically

the lili pad jumps is interesting... but not really that good to make it for a rework

13 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

She should start with adventure hat and this hat should protect her from vines and bugs!

I really don't see why this should be a thing... Her outfit doesn't really have anything white... it would clash with her jacket a lot...

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

u need to load her gun to deal more dmg

What? How!

And maybe you are right about her sad face. She look like hyperactive character and she should be more happy. But dodge is really uselles. I killed deerclops with hambat and without armor as Wendy. But I tried using dodge with that character. It's just hard...

9 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

What? How!

And maybe you are right about her sad face. She look like hyperactive character and she should be more happy. But dodge is really uselles. I killed deerclops with hambat and without armor as Wendy. But I tried using dodge with that character. It's just hard...

when you got your gun.. take the things you want the gun with and place over the gun... you'll see an option "load" . load it with anything really... and see how much dmg you deal :)

ty.. yes.. her face looks so weird.. pls check the thread and cast your vote

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

She will be kinda useful for finding reeds and resources in RoG before I override her with Woodlegs from SW and then override him with Wicker because Wicker is useful to respawn resources.

I think she is very good in SW.. U can find more gold islands... More coral.. The other doydoy.. The next bottle with treasure... The slot machine with dobloons... More brain sprouts

16 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I also had such ideas, namely the idea of a  air balloon.She could make a variety of flying machines or some kind of thing related to air.

-Infinite source of range damage is good.

-you are invincible while using dodge make it good to fight bosses.

-I like the idea of Navigadget, it is good to find rare items (thulecite- Doydoy  - Hamlet relics) 

- Speed bonus may be good addition but it may make her wilbur 2.0 especially with her dodge speed.

My only problems:

Some of her perks doesn’t make fit with her design and stereotype.

She is adventurous and explorer Dodge+Gun fit more on tactical character

Her low inventory is too harsh, it’s a downside that is very hard to played around.

2 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

-Infinite source of range damage is good.

-you are invincible while using dodge make it good to fight bosses.

-I like the idea of Navigadget, it is good to find rare items (thulecite- Doydoy  - Hamlet relics) 

My only problems:

Her design and stereotype has nothing to do with her perks

She is adventurous, Dodge+Gun fit more on tactical character and her navigadget fit better on explorer.

Her low inventory is too harsh, it’s a downside that is very hard to played around.

I agree with you. 

How about if she could retake some of Warbugs perks to make her inventory a bit more manageable? She is an archeologist by profession anyways and she love spelunking

Pen hammer has double the uses.. So u don't have to take iron 

Disarm tools have double the uses too (tbh I think this needs to be in the game for everybody but if she gets it that helps)... that way u avoid taking reeds to get darts and u can disarm more traps for less inventory management

Maybe even normal hammer has double uses for smashing pots. 

This is a thread that is frankly full of misinformation and speculation.

1) "Her gun is useless"

Both "high" and "low" ammo have their uses.  High ammo (cheapest of which is stingers, which tend to accumulate anyway and could easily be farmed with mob setups) does pretty good damage for a ranged attack, higher than a spear and most mobs are melee only so you can run away and shoot them if you want.

In addition, "low" ammo will stun birds without killing them, so you can turn 1 grass tuft into one morsel.  That's a pretty good deal and birds are everywhere on the surface.

2) "Her navigadget is useless"

It not only shows you where items are, it shows you where things are that have that item in a droptable.  Rocks/gold help you locate boulders, trinkets to locate graves, gears to locate clockworks, thulecite to locate statues.  You can even slot a gem in the ruins to find statues containing that particular gem.

SW might be the biggest winner for this because looking for things like gold are so useful, but you could also use it to locate islands by looking for some common resource like wood.  Also, this doesn't cost you an inventory slot in many cases because you can store an item in it even when not equipped.  This item is going to have several techniques to get great use out of it, especially when you can use mob drops to locate mobs.  Hamlet benefits too, as you would expect and I could see some strategies where trinkets are used to locate other trinkets.

3) "Her dodge is useless"

Her dodge gives invulnerability frames, meaning you can dodge into deerclops to get tons of extra hits in (compare to dark souls rolling).  If you can't see the value in that, I don't think your opinion on her mechanics carries much weight.

4) "Her small inventory is too hard"

Learn to manage your inventory.  This isn't a joke, or an insult, but if you actually need your backpack after establishing your base for anything other than ruins dives your inventory management is bad.

Most players in this game carry around a lot of things that they don't and won't need, and never, ever stop using a backpack.  When you actually store and organize your resources, you find your inventory slots are a lot less cluttered.  I often have 5+ slots free on other character even without a backpack after getting established while having weapons, armor, light, resources all available to me.

Wheeler appears to be a character meant for more advanced players as they can take advantage of her perks to a maximal level, whereas if you're new or simply unskilled you're not going to get much out of her.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

3) "Her dodge is useless"

Her dodge gives invulnerability frames, meaning you can dodge into deerclops to get tons of extra hits in (compare to dark souls rolling).  If you can't see the value in that, I don't think your opinion on her mechanics carries much weight.

am i the only one who gets enter the gungeon vibes when she dodges?

1 hour ago, Toros said:

4) "Her small inventory is too hard"

Learn to manage your inventory.  This isn't a joke, or an insult, but if you actually need your backpack after establishing your base for anything other than ruins dives your inventory management is bad.

Most players in this game carry around a lot of things that they don't and won't need, and never, ever stop using a backpack.  When you actually store and organize your resources, you find your inventory slots are a lot less cluttered.  I often have 5+ slots free on other character even without a backpack after getting established while having weapons, armor, light, resources all available to me.

Wheeler appears to be a character meant for more advanced players as they can take advantage of her perks to a maximal level, whereas if you're new or simply unskilled you're not going to get much out of her.

the reason most dont like it is for its not interesting and not fun or unique its just kinda a annoyance 

I think her inventory problems won't go well with relics. But I agree with @Toros that simple rethinking in your logistics helps with all characters even with Wheeler. Of course this might be a problem with boss fights where you want more armor and healing items but Wheeler has a dodge. 

7 hours ago, DoktorEnd said:

What? How!

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

when you got your gun.. take the things you want the gun with and place over the gun... you'll see an option "load" . load it with anything really... and see how much dmg you deal :)

ty.. yes.. her face looks so weird.. pls check the thread and cast your vote

The gun can be loaded with up to 6 of the same item. I believe it will only accept items that can stack to 40. There are certain items that give 37 damage, some that give 34, and some that give 17. Here's a list of items (wip)

I think there is a glitch that prevents a single shot from having any effect.

52 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

The gun can be loaded with up to 6 of the same item. I believe it will only accept items that can stack to 40. There are certain items that give 37 damage, some that give 34, and some that give 17. Here's a list of items (wip)

I think there is a glitch that prevents a single shot from having any effect.

The gun accepts turfs as ammo and they stack to 10

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

am i the only one who gets enter the gungeon vibes when she dodges?

the reason most dont like it is for its not interesting and not fun or unique its just kinda a annoyance 

Downsides aren’t meant to be fun, the perks are.  You’re wrong that it’s not unique, none of the cast has different base inventory slots.

It’s meant to be an annoyance and a meaningful downside the same way Wigfrid’s restricted is.  Webber being attacked by catcoons and pigmen isn’t “fun” but that’s not the design goal of it.

Archived