Klei kinda jebaited us... kinda (Another character aside from Wagstaff and Winona caught by Voxola portal)

8 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

When I first saw that cinematic I thought the whole grabbing onto the portal, etc was more for dramatic effect than lore per say. If you wanna go that deep into it, there are a bunch of reasons Wagstaff would be hesitating going into the Constant. Maybe he was being pulled sooner that he thought, with less preparation, maybe it was something about the fire in the factory that he didn't expect. 

And about Wagstaff not having a glove... The character gets designed way before the cinematic is made, and decisions that go into the writing of the cinematic probably involve different people then the ones who design the characters.

the fire seems to occur after he was pulled.. more reason to leave.. I don't see any person wanting to stay in a building about to go out in flames

sure .. there are some reasons why he might be afraid last minute... but there isn't much evidence to support it.. point is.. we don't know

and the infamous glove xD.. it was an observation... sure he could have just took it off.. but they again why the devs show us only one glove in the animation...

again.. this is all speculation.. am I probably overanalyzing some details? yes.. most likely it is the case and it was the boring obvious option... wagstaff.. lost other glove somehow.. panicked last minute.. cuz reasons.. done..

but it's fun to see if the obvious ideas hold or there are some holes in there for other stories

Something worth mentioning:

Why did the person being pulled in resist if they were Wagstaff?

Maybe because the portal started breaking down. Something was clearly wrong with it, and as we know Winona goes through after she herself fixes apart of it. Meaning Wagstaff's method of travel isn't exactly the same as Winona's, even if just by a bit. This can mean either "wrong frequency" that ends up giving Wagstaff's weird effect or that he got sent somewhere else entirely and that's where he's "outofworldprojection"-ing from. 

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Something worth mentioning:

Why did the person being pulled in resist if they were Wagstaff?

Maybe because the portal started breaking down. Something was clearly wrong with it, and as we know Winona goes through after she herself fixes apart of it.

momentary panic is an option... I guess.. but how about this... you are seeing the portal on other side is going down and all the factory with it.. why would you want to stay in a place you know is gonna crumble in a matter of seconds?. and on top of that... why would you when you really, really, reaaally want to go??

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Meaning Wagstaff's method of travel isn't exactly the same as Winona's, even if just by a bit. This can mean either "wrong frequency" that ends up giving Wagstaff's weird effect or that he got sent somewhere else entirely and that's where he's "outofworldprojection"-ing from. 

ahmmm I think you are contradicting yourself a bit from what you said before... actually you had the exact opposite position... you believed Charlie took him, ergo they both used the same method... I disagreed

Zeklo

Also worth noting that Wagstaff is aware of Charlie (but not Maxwell), and Charlie's plan didn't include Winona—meaning it did include Wagstaff (as read from the charlie strings in DST). So I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Wagstaff was brought by Charlie.

and I also mentioned before that I don't believe Charlie is responsible for Wagstaff's departure... cuz he was intentionally traveling with his own portal without runes, ergo why he materialized "out of the world" with a flickering effect...  like he isn't fully materialized

FreyaMaluk

But tbh I don't really think she is the one responsible for bringing him... at least not intentionally?? he clearly had intent to get to there.. he was building the portal by himself but he lacked the "forbidden knowledge"... dunno for sure.. but he does have that quote saying his portal was lacking the "runes" so there is that

FreyaMaluk

winona didn't get the same way tho.. charlie might have imbued the portal with the magic of the "runes" Wagstaff was missing... who knows..

Edited yesterday at 06:06 PM by FreyaMaluk

FreyaMaluk

Posted yesterday at 05:46 PM (edited)

edit--- I forgot to mention that it is very strange that Wagstaff has this hgolographic effect.. but that can be attributed to the portal I think.. not enough evidence to back it oout.. but there is a quote mentioning his portal didn't have the "runes" so that might be why... also another point.. if he was a hologram-- how do you explain he has a skeleton when shocked--

Edited yesterday at 05:55 PM by FreyaMaluk

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ahmmm I think you are contradicting yourself a bit from what you said before... actually you had the exact opposite position... you believed Charlie took him, ergo they both used the same method... I disagreed

I said it was Charlie's plan. Not that she took him.

There are many ways of executing a plan, and it's incredibly likely Maxwell's way of giving forbidden knowledge differs from Charlie's method.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I said it was Charlie's plan. Not that she took him.

There are many ways of executing a plan, and it's incredibly likely Maxwell's way of giving forbidden knowledge differs from Charlie's method.

from what we know in the video is clear Charlie took Winona but the connection between Charlie and Wagstaff is a bit enigmatic, no doubt...

also enigmatic that he is received by Max when he enters vanilla and yet he doesn't know Max.. that's pretty strange

as for the method Wagstaff entered the constant? I'm not quite sure it was 100% Charlie's plan all along

maybe when the portal opened she "sensed" somehow the presence of the rift and followed it to see it already open with Wagstaff willing to cross it... 

now.. hold on... maybe.. maybe this is the thing why is Wagstaff panicking... the portal opens... no forbidden knowledge mind you.. just from a "mechanical" stand point with no runes... Wagstaff sees Charlie emerging and he  s h i t s  his pants.. tries to hold on to the portal frame... fails... etc etc...

Archived