Klei kinda jebaited us... kinda (Another character aside from Wagstaff and Winona caught by Voxola portal)

17 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

at least im pretty sure it was stated somewhere that he vanished the same day as the fire or that could have just been imagined

ok.. i think you are kinda confussed.. I never said that Wagstaff left otherr day.. It all happended the same day.. 

- Wagstaff activeted the portal.. left

- portal remained open

- someone else entered the room

- got trapped--- winona tried to rescue

- big tremmor... pportal dmged

- winona repairs it... charlie traps her

end

The circumstances surrounding Wagstaff are certainly strange. Is something physically wrong with Wagstaff? Is this the real Wagstaff or is the single yellow-gloved fella elsewhere from his projection? Could the figure with the yellow gloves actually be WX-78? As a construct working in the factory?

It's important to clarify that Wagstaff knows of WX-78 but there's more to it. Is he shocked to see them actually built? Or shocked to see them in the Constant?

I'd also be careful using the silhouette as evidence. As mentioned already that's the default inconspicuous silhouette as to not reveal details, so judging appearance of that might not be accurate.

22 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

How did WX got from Wagstaff's office to the Constant??... and then tell me there is absolute zero chance any other character couldn't have been there...

maybe since the factory is small (5-6 employees) maybe this is a secondary rebuilt factory if this happens after the first one burnt and Wagstaff was missing then that would give Winona the motive to go and come there

what if WX was looking for their master for something (probs a death ray) then made the portal and the one who we see get captured is just a bystander one of the skeletons

22 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The circumstances surrounding Wagstaff are certainly strange. Is something physically wrong with Wagstaff? Is this the real Wagstaff or is the single yellow-gloved fella elsewhere from his projection? Could the figure with the yellow gloves actually be WX-78? As a construct working in the factory?

It's important to clarify that Wagstaff knows of WX-78 but there's more to it. Is he shocked to see them actually built? Or shocked to see them in the Constant?

I'd also be careful using the silhouette as evidence. As mentioned already that's the default inconspicuous silhouette as to not reveal details, so judging appearance of that might not be accurate.

I think that the silhouette isn't enough reason on its own.. but maybe the majority of little details give the small possibility this might be true... 

as you stated the circumstances surrounding Wagstaff's departure are unclear atm.. but there is enough evidence to pose the question...

edit--- I forgot to mention that it is very strange that Wagstaff has this hgolographic effect.. but that can be attributed to the portal I think.. not enough evidence to back it oout.. but there is a quote mentioning his portal didn't have the "runes" so that might be why... also another point.. if he was a hologram-- how do you explain he has a skeleton when shocked--

as for WX... I think you bring a good point there that it is unclear whether he is surprised by seeing him on the throne or at all in the constant... but tbh I think it's both.. although there are already some clues around his devices appearing in the Constant... So I think he might have thing some of his creatures might be in there too

and I also considered WX as the automaton working in the factory that got caught by the voxola portal... i already posted that idea in this thread 

20190419045115_1.thumb.jpg.5c7c90f5f6cbc0f4d88b31259b3f209a.jpg

20190419171851_1.jpg.1be7337943423bbbdfe7148600852426.jpg20190419172438_1.jpg.465d8d99f52da101c6b9d2a707365210.jpg

3 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

are you insane during the last pics? the colors are wrong

nope the color is perfect.. that's the whole point... his colors are absolutely perfect for ruins with those googles.. that is maxwell's throne btw

here googles in the ruins..

20190419040221_1.thumb.jpg.4ae472ab7f794c38eb8ae7406969a736.jpg

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

nope the color is perfect.. that's the whole point... his colors are absolutely perfect for ruins with those googles.. that is maxwell's throne

that's not what i meant i meant that the gramophone and radio look discolored

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I forgot to mention that it is very strange that Wagstaff has this hgolographic effect.. but that can be attributed to the portal I think.. not enough evidence to back it oout.. but there is a quote mentioning his portal didn't have the "runes" so that might be why... also another point.. if he was a hologram-- how do you explain he has a skeleton when shocked--

My immediate thought is the portal too, but we can't forget Winona went through it as well without issue.

As far skeletons, those are gimmicky as is-robots have em, pigtails have em, wooden legs have em.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

My immediate thought is the portal too, but we can't forget Winona went through it as well without issue.

As far skeletons, those are gimmicky as is-robots have em, pigtails have em, wooden legs have em.

winona didn't get the same way tho.. charlie might have imbued the portal with the magic of the "runes" Wagstaff was missing... who knows..

skeletons kinda prove if an entity really exists in the world and if it has an internal structure.. that pretty much is the point

Wooden legs have them cuz the joke is that the legs work as normal legs, pig tails are anatomically correct.. they have bones irl 

Spoiler

20090901-pigs-tails-01.jpg

and robots have skeletons as a sign they are alive somehow.. I  guess

30 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

skeletons kinda prove if an entity really exists in the world and if it has an internal structure.. that pretty much is the point

Wooden legs have them cuz the joke is that the legs work as normal legs, pig tails are anatomically correct.. they have bones irl 

Reveal hidden contents

20090901-pigs-tails-01.jpg

Pigtails as in hair. Skirts and other clothes have them too.

Not to mention, I'm not just assuming, the code literally says "projection" in Wagstaff's files.

@FreyaMaluk i was saying about if the original factory were to burn then a second factory with less budget would be made

the possible first factory could have been when Wagstaff disappeared leading Winona to come to the conclusion that the factory may have something to do with her sisters disappearance thus give her a motive to work at the factory 

14 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Pigtails as is hair. Skirts and other clothes have them too.

Not to mention, I'm not just assuming, the code literally says "projection" in Wagstaff's files.

pigtails aren't hair.. they are butt skin + the tail which has bones..  but if t-shirts have them then that's besides the point

Interesting with the "projection" in the code...  I'm going from the evidence in-game as I always do tbh.. I did notice that holographic effect and I assumed it was a reverb effect for the lack of "runes" from the portal cuz it's different for Winona since she wasn't really taken by the portal alone but by Charlie directly...

and as long as we don't get to the trailer for Wagstaff and Wheeler we are not gonna know for sure where is Wagstaff really.. 

10 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

@FreyaMaluk i was saying about if the original factory were to burn then a second factory with less budget would be made

the possible first factory could have been when Wagstaff disappeared leading Winona to come to the conclusion that the factory may have something to do with her sisters disappearance thus give her a motive to work at the factory 

as far as I know there is no second factory... all the event refer the voxola factory

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

pigtails aren't hair.. they are butt skin + the tail which has bones..  

Interesting with the "projection" in the code...  I going from the evidence in-game as I always do tbh.. I did notice that holographic effect and I assumed it was a reverb effect for the lack of "runes" from the portal cuz it's different for Winona since she wasn't really taken by the portal alone but by Charlie directly...

and as long as we don't get to the trailer for Wagstaff and Wheeler we are not gonna know for sure where is Wagstaff really.. 

...I literally just specified—The pigtails hairstyle. I'm not talking about literal pigs' tails.

To counter my own point though, the effect is an old-timey "projector", so it might be more literal than anything else.

Also worth noting that Wagstaff is aware of Charlie (but not Maxwell), and Charlie's plan didn't include Winona—meaning it did include Wagstaff (as read from the charlie strings in DST). So I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Wagstaff was brought by Charlie.

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

but there isn't a second burning factory reference

im just trying to fit together why Winona would get the job if Wagstaff didn't disappear yet then why'd she come to the factory theres no other ties

and why they showed a random person rather than Wagstaff it makes no sense why he'd hold out of the portal so its not him

21 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

...I literally just specified—The pigtails hairstyle. I'm not talking about literal pigs' tails.

To counter my own point though, the effect is an old-timey "projector", so it might be more literal than anything else.

Also worth noting that Wagstaff is aware of Charlie (but not Maxwell), and Charlie's plan didn't include Winona—meaning it did include Wagstaff (as read from the charlie strings in DST). So I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Wagstaff was brought by Charlie.

I noticed also the lack of knowlegde regarding Maxwel too.. I was talkign to Sudura about it

I mentioned for instance that it's sooo strange to me that when Wagstaff enters a new RoG world, he is recieve by Maxwell, but when he examines the Adventure Portal he says he would like to meet him.. which is so strange.. similar with the Max statue

Tbh I don't think is strange he knows Charlie, she is Winona's syster after all ... and he might have encounter her in her travels to DS after entering the events of the voxola factory?? maybe she should be indeed the one receiving Wagstaff when he creates a Vanilla or RoG world instead of Maxwell.. Maxwell there with his old speech seems like a thematic discrepancy to me when he doesn't even know who he is ..

But tbh I don't really think she is the one responsible for bringing him... at least not intentionally?? he clearly had intent to get to there.. he was building the portal by himself but he lacked the "forbidden knowledge"... dunno for sure.. but he does have that quote saying his portal was lacking the "runes" so there is that

14 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

im just trying to fit together why Winona would get the job if Wagstaff didn't disappear yet then why'd she come to the factory theres no other ties

and why they showed a random person rather than Wagstaff it makes no sense why he'd hold out of the portal so its not him

watch Next of Kin video by Klei on youtube on that

I still think it's Waggy.
I see no reason not to think it's him, and if we're gonna bring up him only having 1 glove, I'd like you to note that it's literally impossible in game.
Characters use the same sprites over and over, and they flip the same sprites when walking left to right, which means he's either gonna have 1 glove on both, or none of both, while having one facing up and down.
It's just weird.
Sure, they could code in something to change this, but almost everything I think of will require reworking every animation or character.
Also, for the blur, it's just a technique to hide what character it was, I'm almost certain.
Though, I have noticed him holding onto the portal, which is weird.

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Otherwise why would Winona risk her life to jump into the unknown to rescue this character?

Not all heroes wear capes.
Same reason I would, it's just the right thing to do. 
Some people are braver, I think it's just a case of Winona wanting to help them. 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

pigtails aren't hair.. they are butt skin + the tail which has bones..  but if t-shirts have them then that's besides the point

Edit I guess, but like, they are hair.
Pigtail is the name of the hairstyle Willow and Wilba have, Wendy too.
Like, the double ponytail. Also yeah, everything a character has in DS/DST has bones. Wilbur has tail bones, every character has bones in their clothing, and hair. 
I was confused about why Wagstaff had them, but with how bones work, I can't think of anything.
Yeah, it says he's a projection in the code, though.
I don't think the portal has to do with anything, Wilson didn't have runes on his. 
There's a lot of weird things surrounding our Waggy here.

Here is my theory on why Wagstaff has the strange effect of like an old time projection when at low health. Wagstaff worked making radios and what happens when you try to get a station on an old timey radio with the knobs if you are off a little bit? static! I propose that Wagstaff's portal was slightly off the mark and while it did transport him to the constant the signal had static and interference. Therefore, Wagstaff is slightly out of tune with the constant. It is even possible that Wagstaff created his portal utilizing radio wave technology and this would further back up my theory. This is just my two cents, I am not claiming to be right but it does make some sense.

1 hour ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Here is my theory on why Wagstaff has the strange effect of like an old time projection when at low health. Wagstaff worked making radios and what happens when you try to get a station on an old timey radio with the knobs if you are off a little bit? static! I propose that Wagstaff's portal was slightly off the mark and while it did transport him to the constant the signal had static and interference. Therefore, Wagstaff is slightly out of tune with the constant. It is even possible that Wagstaff created his portal utilizing radio wave technology and this would further back up my theory. This is just my two cents, I am not claiming to be right but it does make some sense.

(please ask before putting this or any information/theories I post on the forums in any videos on YouTube, not trying to be vain but it has happened before)

Brilliant! I was just thinking of this while writing my other post.
He knows a lot of radios, and it's explain why he fades color and looks all static like. 

Odd thing to note, a lot of his quotes involve smelling, someone said it might be due to him not being able to see well, but it's there, I guess.

Who's to say it wasn't Wagstaff in the promo? Companies change things all the time, maybe an earlier concept did have gloves but they decided to change it. EX: look at Warbucks (Was included in the Hamlet trailer, but ultimately scrapped as a character later on). Things change dude. 

15 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I still think it's Waggy.
I see no reason not to think it's him, and if we're gonna bring up him only having 1 glove, I'd like you to note that it's literally impossible in game.
Characters use the same sprites over and over, and they flip the same sprites when walking left to right, which means he's either gonna have 1 glove on both, or none of both, while having one facing up and down.
It's just weird.
Sure, they could code in something to change this, but almost everything I think of will require reworking every animation or character.
Also, for the blur, it's just a technique to hide what character it was, I'm almost certain.
Though, I have noticed him holding onto the portal, which is weird.

Not all heroes wear capes.
Same reason I would, it's just the right thing to do. 
Some people are braver, I think it's just a case of Winona wanting to help them. 

As I said before I'm posing a question... I'm not claiming I'm 100q right on this.. It's just a theory..

The sprites even if difficult to code an additional animation.. Not impossible but yeap.. 

And as u said the character is holding to the portal which is indeed weird 

I mentioned the Winona relationship as a side note but that really doesn't change the fact that's something weird is going on there.

Now this.. How about if that character was WX as animation in the Voxola factory.. He could have been there.. 

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Brilliant! I was just thinking of this while writing my other post.
He knows a lot of radios, and it's explain why he fades color and looks all static like. 

Odd thing to note, a lot of his quotes involve smelling, someone said it might be due to him not being able to see well, but it's there, I guess.

It may also explain why he can't see so well if his "signal" isn't so good he wouldn't be able to see as well, just like a bad signal on old timey TVs. 

Archived