What are they for what is there purposeI've noticed when they attack the red thing gets bigger.What could this mean?When its full do we get the blood they had stored?WHat could the blood be used for?

Ruskraaz    11

Damn I get shivers when I hear them, I hate mosquitos (when they fly close to your ears and wake you up, brrr... that sound)

MilleniumCount    2,160

At the moment they are only a nuisance. But I had a funny time watching a war between a pig, three mosquitos, a frog and two tentacles.... They even drop nothing. But we will see what the future brings.....

ArcticFox789    701

They can be captured with a bug net right?

Even if that's true, why?

Yay! 250 posts! 1/4 of my way to a hmm...

'Thousandaire'? :)

I just realised [MENTION=215]Toaster Fu[/MENTION] has already taken that one. Damn.

Edited by ArcticFox789

JonnyDoH    10

Mosquitoes in game are NASTY. I've died once to those exploding little buggers and I tend to avoid ponds now (whereas I used to camp near them so I could fish at all hours of the day).

Avarice    20

I haven't tried catching them, but if you can and release them they will probably aggro you first like killer bees do.

I caught one, and released it on some enemies, and as Avarice said, it aggro'd me first, but it will eventually go after whatever else its near. But they can be quite annoying, they nearly killed a koalefant though, theyre vicious!

Urbstudio    12

I tried using a bee keeper hat near mosquitos but it didn't repel mosquito bites, I would think it would? This way I can fish in peace!

Luigisopa    10

At the moment they are only a nuisance. But I had a funny time watching a war between a pig, three mosquitos, a frog and two tentacles.... They even drop nothing. But we will see what the future brings.....

I witnessed something similar when a bunch of spiders were aggrod by mosquitos... It was fun to watch and I hoped for some drop from either party. I love this moments in the game and I hope they will add more mobs so that they all interact in funny ways.The island feels more alive for every new enemy that comes :D... also caves...:abnormal:

Ah-ha! What if you use the blood extracted from all different types of mobs by mosquitoes to do specific things? Also I couldn't help but remember Wilson using his own blood for the machine that lead him to this world, maybe he needs some to get back, thus using a mosquito? Maybe I'm pushing this idea too far, who knows!