Wagstaff Lore

3 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Looking through his quotes, I was getting the impression that Wagstaff likes fire and then I come across this:

PIGHOUSE_FARM BURNING = "Excellent! I love to watch things combust."

So yeah.

Considering his factory went down in flames lol

2 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

So far, I think it's interesting that he seems to notice the smells of things. I guess his sense of smell is heightened due to his poor eyesight?

• MANDRAKE_COOKED = "It smells faintly of thebaine. Interesting..." 
  • NIGHTSTICK = "Curious. It smells faintly of ozone."
  • FURTUFT = "There's an altogether musty smell to it."
  • GOATMILK = "Smells curiously of ozone and lactate."
  • BERRYBUSH GENERIC = "I detect a slight smell of primrose."
  • PETALS = "Smells faintly of chamomile."
  • ROTTENEGG = "Smells sulfuric. Excellent!"
  • BLUBBERSUIT = "Smells faintly of ambergris."

More smells:

• TUBER_BLOOM_CROP = "Strange. It has the faint scent of solanine." (Not sure I want to know how he knows the smell of poison so well...)
  • NETTLE DEFAULT = "I detect a faint scent of eucalyptus. Interesting..."

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

unknown.png

(YOU CAN JUST SPAWN IN ROBOT_PUPPET??? THAT MAKES THINGS EASIER THAN WORRYING ABOUT GOING THRU ADVENTURE MODE MULTIPLE TIMES JUST FOR QUOTE TESTING WHEN I CAN BARELY REMEMBER TO MAKE AN UMBRELLA AS WX AND THINK THE RAIN WILL END SOON BUT IT NEVER DOES)

But yeah this is some damning evidence however, it leaves me wanting more. Why is he surprised that they are on the throne? Why did he make them? How did he make them? How many did he make? How tall are they?

He does seem aware of the effects of insanity, and calls it a "psychic attack", and seems rather excited about it...

PURPLEAMULET = "It uses dark fuel to induce psychic attack! I love it.",

FLOWERHAT = "It counteracts the effects of psychic attack! Fascinating!",

(nightmare phase)STEADY = "Hohoo! I'm being hit with fluctuating psychic attacks!",

(nightmare phase) DAWN = "The psychic attacks are over. What a shame!"

DURIAN_COOKED = "A consumable psychic attack!"

Bunnyman = "Undergoes an incredible metamorphosis at the proximity of a psychic attack.",

6 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

I think he knows constant is staged to some extent and doesn’t take it too seriously. And him going all black and white when hurt making me think he is not even actually there. 

Talking about this

6 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Hide contents

The lower HP he has the more distorted he becomes...

image.png.163a4c6a531605a21cfa3749be303b7a.png

Static... and his voice shifts...

Hard to say what the exact implications are but... curious nonetheless...

He's really excited about meeting Charlie.

• ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE = "Show yourself! I've been waiting to meet you."
  • ANNOUNCE_CHARLIE_ATTACK = "I've been bitten! Fascinating!"
  • DESCRIBE_TOODARK = "Darkness. I do hope that creature arrives soon!"
  • GOGGLESHEATHAT = "I do hope to catch a glimpse of the night creature with these."

He seems to be very interested in Maxwell, or more-so, whoever's sitting on the Nightmare Throne? ('A man' and not 'That man')

20190418225008_1.thumb.jpg.5b7ef0f4d397a67fc71fb4df31ec9ae3.jpg20190418224723_1.thumb.jpg.35baff17c20e2d1e64cf530574e1a50a.jpg20190418224715_1.thumb.jpg.f5008399e1c79f8c8e3c249309d1e993.jpg

Could he also be referring to Wilson, since he's the one who technically made the door?

20190418225216_1.thumb.jpg.23073b1ec65aeb1664917167f071b4d8.jpg

Personally, I feel like he's in the Constant out of his own free will, maybe he just wants to utilise shadow manipulation for his own inventions and he figured asking whoever's 'in charge' would be the best course of action? It'd be an interesting spin on why the player wants to chase after Maxwell in Adventure Mode. (What is his line for failing Adventure Mode anyways?). Him making all these meta jokes could be rationalised with him already knowing a lot about the Constant's existence. 

1 hour ago, Scrumch said:

Personally, I feel like he's in the Constant out of his own free will,

In the Hamlet Road map, it said he was exactly where he wanted to be, so I'm pretty certain he's here on purpose.
I'll see if I can get the quote.

i just realized that since his hair is really close to Wilsons i see two possible answers for it ether

Wilson is related to him which may tie his ties with the others

or

Wilson aspiring to be like him so he copied his do maybe that admiration is what pushed him to become a scientist even though he isn't that good at it

3 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

In the last mini-update, the examinations of different things with Wagstaff changed when he don't wear goggles, depending of his approximation:

That was already a thing.

Archived