[Game Update] - 327257

• Developer

Greetings Survivors!

We’re close to releasing Hamlet from Early Access. As we said in a recent roadmap post, we have been working on two new characters plus a new giant to battle with. Actually, we would like to have those tested a bit. 

So, once more, we invite you to the interior beta branch, this time to meet the newest “guests” of the Constant: Wagstaff and Wheeler. 

But with light comes shadow. An ancient and terrible metal hulk lies waiting to be discovered. A lonely sentinel still stuck in a long forgotten war.

A big thank you to everyone who has tried out the beta branch so far. As always you’ve been tremendously helpful. There are still some issues with the interiors, particularly when used in worlds other than Hamlet, and we will be working to fix those up before we move everything to the main branch. 

We’re planning to go live with Hamlet 1.0 on May 14th. 

To access the beta branch:

• Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue. 
  • Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button.
  • Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down.
  • Your game will then update to the new beta branch. 

This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game.  You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() 

Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. 

You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

Regular Change Notes: 327257

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed potential assert on earthquake in anthill.
  • Fixed code that tried to place out of bounds blue sow and truffle back in its room
  • Worldgen occasionally generates an unreachable area. It should now be accessible through a wormhole
  • Fixed aporkalypse clock blocking interaction with suspicious crack on north wall
  • It's now possible to drop items on carpets and the aporkalypse clock.
  • Improved craft-tabs to more accurately chime and highlight to reflect changes
  • Fixed glitch where aporkalypse clock was sometimes missing on the minimap

Beta Change Notes: 327391

New Features for testing:

• Added Wheeler
  • Added Wagstaff
  • Added the Ancient Hulk
  • Added some new wall and floor textures to the Renovate Tab.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug where anthills could end up without a way out.

View full update

• Like 39
  • Thanks 10

Here's a quick look at Wagstaff and Wheeler for all those who can't check for themselves yet.

There's some stuff that i've realized is wrong but I hate dealing with the spoiler tags so i'm just gonna leave it as it is. Sorry.

zVZOVG9.jpg

• He's unable to identify items beyond further than a few meters away from him without his goggles
  • He can create a variety of interesting inventions of which include a teleportation umbrella, a place able biigfoot machine and a variety of different goggles that can either show heat signatures or shoot lasers from his eyes.
  • He seems to be take a small amount of damage from eating any basic foods.
  • His stats are the same as Wilson except he has 220 hunger points.

ZbC48Hx.jpg

The perks i've found out after a short looksee.

• She can do a dodge move in a similar fashion to Wortox's teleport but only short range
  • She starts out with a compass that can be fitted with any item that will automatically point you in the direction of another of said item
  • She starts out with a pew matic horn that can be fitted with basic items and shot at enemies. The amount of damage I have no idea, doesn't seem to be much
  • She has only 100 health, 200 sanity, and 150 hunger.
  • She's got a ragtime piano voice

Edited by ButterStuffed
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Stuff I've found with Wagstaff so far

Spoiler

is near sighted causes a majority of the screen to blur, any items have their names randomized and get special examination quotes about Wagstaff having no idea what they are

This can be negated by his specticals. He starts with a pair of default ones that show a prompt over peculiar objects, though there are severak with unknown effects

his weak stomach causes him to take damage from raw foods. Still need to test with cooked foods and crockpot foods, but any foods that heal more than they damage (IE aloe) will still heal him. 

He has several inventions, including a "telebrella" a "telepad" and a "thumper"

none of his inventions need prototyping 

Doesn't have Wicker's science machine perk for whatever gods forsaken reason

EDIT: his specticals also allow him to examine peculiar objects, and the prompt updates based on if they have anything

Edited by Theukon-dos
  • Like 3

Wheeler doesn't have a map icon Wheeler sometimes can't properly use her special items (No slot comes up for them, seems to happen after i equiped a backpack and it wouldn't let me use them after that) The mines that the ancient hulk shoots off sometimes stay permamently when he's defeated and not detonated

These are some bugs i found.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1