is there ever coming a two player mode?

1 hour ago, BadlyBurned said:

I'd even be happy with an Observer mode where I could silently watch a friend play and maybe talk over discord and "ping" things on his screen to help him get started or understand the basics.

Um... stream sharing is built into Steam.  SHIFT-Tab and settings and you can share your game as you're playing.  Your friends can watch you play.  Observer mode is already built in.

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Um... stream sharing is built into Steam.  SHIFT-Tab and settings and you can share your game as you're playing.  Your friends can watch you play.  Observer mode is already built in.

Ya, but that's just the basics and we don't need mods or anything to do that. They could add the following just as some random ideas I've put no thought into.

- beaconing or pings to shift the person you're playing with things you wish to show them.

- Makeshift blueprinting where an observer could build something hypothetical that the player could see (but wouldn't actually be built unless they copied over the design by the player)

- Making it so a person could play their own game and flip to a friends screen easily to help out with things in realtime.

Etc etc etc

Again, not even a suggestion. I just find this is like the best game ever, as long as you are totally okay with playing alone all the time. Felt I'd express why I don't think its such a pipedream when it really doesnt need to be a complete overhaul on the game or anything too aggressive. Just simple ways to share the experience with a friend.

I actually would prefer something like this to an actual multiplayer mode. I would literally kill someone if they screwed up a base we'd be working on together. This game is too stressful as it is. I can already see a future where I log in and my "teammate" has replaced all my hatchlings with shinebugs because they are "cuter" lol

Archived