Expectations of the first major game update

Just now, Bluegeist said:

I think that we will be able to travel to new areas via the gate downstairs, and I hope we can go to the moon

I also hope that we can get more interactive with the moon, since it seems so mysterious and powerful.

I would love to see a new area unlocked late game from the gate, after killing the Fuelweaver.

I have no expectations. It's best to not dream about what could be added, since it most likely won't happen and you'll only disappoint yourself. For the same reason I don't speculate how future reworks will look like.

I'd rather be surprised with what Klei has in store for us.

9 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I think that we will be able to travel to new areas via the gate downstairs, and I hope we can go to the moon

theres actually a game about a man who wants to the moon. its called "to the moon". what a surprise xD

if klei dont fullfill your wish im goona gift you the game :)

For the first update, Bigfoot said this in the Wortox post:

"At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content."

Not sure what "laying the groundwork" means exactly, but it seems like he's trying to temper our expectations.

I also think that we will be able to travel to new lands eventually, based first on the teaser image of the Ancient Gateway from last year.

Spoiler

DST_Atrium_Promo_Image.thumb.jpg.4d299daac81d30960fda8d5b800c0d23.jpg

And based on something Joe said on Reddit: "Most of the new content will happen outside of the existing area"

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG.c358944570ba9fc2877100d4af197d9e.PNG.38f539a2cb4f138d359587e82bf7eee5.PNG

Just now, ModsterMash said:

"At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content."

Not sure what "laying the groundwork" means exactly, but it seems like he's trying to temper our expectations.

I also think that we will be able to travel to new lands eventually, based first on the teaser image of the Ancient Gateway from last year.

Reveal hidden contents

DST_Atrium_Promo_Image.thumb.jpg.4d299daac81d30960fda8d5b800c0d23.jpg

And based on something Joe said on Reddit: "Most of the new content will happen outside of the existing area"

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG.c358944570ba9fc2877100d4af197d9e.PNG.38f539a2cb4f138d359587e82bf7eee5.PNG

yea its just the first part of the update. but we will be able to see whats about. the last part of the update will be in 1 year so yea youre correct

4 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i hope its not just late game stuff for i know that i will never see it in person :(

I agree, as cool as it would be to travel to new worlds using the atrium gate, a lot of players don’t attempt to kill the Fuelweaver or simply are unable to.

My theory is that we will get Shipwrecked mecanics added to the world. Think about it. The navigation system will allow to explore new areas in every direction, we could go to a diferent continent with brand new biomes, creatures and mechanics, or to a archipelago with the content that already exists in Shipwrecked, this would explain what they mean by setting the ground for future updates, just adding continents/Islands with new stuff for us to travel to, with also alternative ways to access them via caves and/or fighting new bosses. Also, this would explain JoeW's post about needing to make a new world to enjoy all the updates, because it would be hard to retrofit the new continents/islands onto the already existing map. Doing this will allow all to enjoy this content from the start without having to grind and get gear to face the fuelweaver to get to the new content. The Atrium Gate, I think, will be a portal to get to the final battle/dimension where Queen Charlie resides.

13 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

"Expectations of the first major game update"? I expect it to... get delayed till May. Mid May to be precise :rolleyes:

That may be wrong.

Seriously tho, I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed, but I really hope it won't. 

About the content, I don't expect anything, I'll wait and see what Klei has for us.

1 hour ago, ModsterMash said:

Yeah that's the sort of impression that I got as well, that we'll get some new stuff but nothing too significant.

34 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

My theory is that we will get Shipwrecked mecanics added to the world. Think about it. The navigation system will allow to explore new areas in every direction, we could go to a diferent continent with brand new biomes, creatures and mechanics, or to a archipelago with the content that already exists in Shipwrecked, this would explain what they mean by setting the ground for future updates, just adding continents/Islands with new stuff for us to travel to, with also alternative ways to access them via caves and/or fighting new bosses. Also, this would explain JoeW's post about needing to make a new world to enjoy all the updates, because it would be hard to retrofit the new continents/islands onto the already existing map. Doing this will allow all to enjoy this content from the start without having to grind and get gear to face the fuelweaver to get to the new content. The Atrium Gate, I think, will be a portal to get to the final battle/dimension where Queen Charlie resides.

I've thought of that same thing myself, using the main game as a sort of continent with the shipwrecked stuff surrounding the outer parts of it. But even though it would be incredibly interesting, I'm not especially confident that it would be practical to implement. Who knows though? :wilson_dorky:Personally, I'd be happy enough if they simply added in the shipwrecked characters with refreshed abilities to better work in the main game. As for what I'm actually expecting personally? Well, I don't really know ha ha.

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

My main hope is that "non-meta" items get buffed so they are actually worth using. You know, the stuff that absolutely no one ever uses, like the bat bat, piggyback, etc.

fire and ice staffs too grass armor and mourning stars nightlights and blowdarts

48 minutes ago, Canis said:

My main hope is that "non-meta" items get buffed so they are actually worth using. You know, the stuff that absolutely no one ever uses, like the bat bat, piggyback, etc.

While I also would like to see some of the items more useful, there are some which are quite situational, and it's good so. The bat bat for example, that you mentioned, is my favourite addition to my nightmare fuel farming. I also see the piggyback quite often on public servers, I guess people like this as an early and easy "mini-krampussack". 

47 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

fire and ice staffs too grass armor and mourning stars nightlights and blowdarts

#makegrassarmorgreatagain! (Seriously, these early-game items should remain how they are now: a cheap alternative for when you cannot make better stuff.)

Also, as a Wendy main I'm all for a mourning star. 

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

more food types and biomes mobs and possible farms

and maybe a crock pot recipe that rivals the early game meta with meatballs

A nerf to the meatball recipe limiting what works as filler wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

Archived