Quality of Life Upgrade Mk III Available Now! - 326232

I'm very confused as to what people are talking about in regards to cloud saves.  I've been playing the game for almost a year and have always had this feature (even though the store page doesn't mention having it.)  Haven't used it in a while, so I don't know if there have been issues.

6 hours ago, PhatPingu said:

So I've been enjoying the new build and I already have a suggestion regarding the HATS system.

Right now the choice is purely cosmetic, but perhaps it would be nice to get a HAT-BOOST.
Also, the way you choose a hat, could be tied to priority settings, meaning, only give a hat to the dupe that has a priority set to higher than highest (the wrench priority).. that way, getting a hat would be more impactful but also become a choice that has both positive and limiting consequences...

What do you guys think:?

I miss the priority screen not having the wrench icon anymore. If I raise the priority, it goes back to "no priority". Also, not having the hat on again hurts my memories of the game. I liked just having the hats on immediately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lali-Lop said:

I'm very confused as to what people are talking about in regards to cloud saves.  I've been playing the game for almost a year and have always had this feature (even though the store page doesn't mention having it.)  Haven't used it in a while, so I don't know if there have been issues.

The steam page mention that cloud save is enabled. But there's no effect. Moving from a PC to another one with the same steam account, do not reveal the save to be copied from one to the other. I'm moving my save manually from day 1 (my day 1 ^^)

EDIT : or I must say from day 2, since I thought it was working the first day ahah...

Edited by OxCD

fEo0fFg.jpg

It looks like we now need some skill to build turbines and heavy-joint plates, but the UI doesn't specify which (says something like "HasSkillRequired" when hovering over the message). Anybody else encountered this?

Edited by pacovf

I really do have a lot of fun with this game, but I haven't played it in a few months. Still just as fun and as always, harder then I remembered it!

But in my personal opinion, I really don't understand or like the new skill system. I thought the job system was great and easier to understand, and I get you thought "it didn't really match the mechanics of the system", but I feel like my dupes can only get so high in a job, and they keep accumilating skill points that I either can't really do anything with like with plumbers, or I put them into slots that might help them, but I honestly don't even know if they only get bonuses from that skill, if they only get bonuses from the hat they're weraing and the skills were to unlock new hats that symbolize a promotion, if the hats don't mean anything. I felt like that job system from before was very symplistic and easy to understand, (although there was still the problem of a dupe being "100%" at the highest tier of his career and it felt like you should get something from that and I don't think you could). Not to mention, I actually used to feel excited to give my dupes promotions, but now it just feels like nothing special at all.

I'm sure I'm missing some aspect of the skills that makes it so I don't understand it, but I feel like there isn't hardly a point at all to giving cooks or plumbers extra skill points since they don't really seem to make them better at their job and they can't ever get a real promotion. Plus, I'm very hesitant to make some of my dupes exosuit whatevers since I'm not sure if that would actually change what their job is.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 2:42 AM, pacovf said:

fEo0fFg.jpg

It looks like we now need some skill to build turbines and heavy-joint plates, but the UI doesn't specify which (says something like "HasSkillRequired" when hovering over the message). Anybody else encountered this?

"Electrical Engineer" (the second Operate job/skill)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sasuga said:

I miss the hats. I don't think all illness should be able to be shaken off without care. Rest/sleep should effect a dupes 'immune system' (which is now gone. :( )

I agree that illness seem too easy to shake now. I dont worry about illness notifications. I just check that I have enough meds stockpiled and leave it at that. I'm not actually a big fan of hats, so I don't mind they are purely cosmetic now

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, felonious_caper said:

Simply not true. Cloud saves are WELL documented. I mean so well documented that a TODDLER can implement them. Cloud saves are also non-blocking. They won't impeded anything in game if it takes too long to upload as it's handled on the back end asynchronously. It's simply laziness because the devs probably cater to more than just steam users and this is a steam only feature.

I requested this feature long before the rocketry upgrade and offered to buy 10 copies for friends and family once it was implemented. That won't be the case anymore

Yeah but let's say it takes like five minutes to sync with the cloud for big saves and users don't leave their steam open after logging off the game. It really shouldn't be the case because I would believe Klei knows what they're doing but what other explanation is there.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, bumbaclad said:

Yeah but let's say it takes like five minutes to sync with the cloud for big saves and users don't leave their steam open after logging off the game. It really shouldn't be the case because I would believe Klei knows what they're doing but what other explanation is there.

Then the sync will be aborted and the local file will still be available (and not be overwritten because local date > cloud date). No harm no foul.

Hello. Steam gives loaded v2950623? I can not update it. Clearing the cache, on off on updates, updating the region (Russia), agreeing with the beta test, reinstalling - does not work. The product update list is empty. Maybe there is another way?:confused: Posted in Steam. They answered: this is an early access ...KLEI will help)

2019-04-26_19-26-17.png

2019-04-26_19-26-38.png

2019-04-26_19-28-27.png

20 hours ago, Const67 said:

Hello. Steam gives loaded v2950623? I can not update it. Clearing the cache, on off on updates, updating the region (Russia), agreeing with the beta test, reinstalling - does not work. The product update list is empty. Maybe there is another way?:confused: Posted in Steam. They answered: this is an early access ...KLEI will help)

2019-04-26_19-26-17.png

2019-04-26_19-26-38.png

2019-04-26_19-28-27.png

Happened! Using tabs  /audio_logging enabled/ — blocks the update download. Made a ban on beta updates. And immediately loaded v3751046. Have a nice day!

On 4/19/2019 at 7:02 PM, chromiumboy said:

I agree that illness seem too easy to shake now. I dont worry about illness notifications. I just check that I have enough meds stockpiled and leave it at that. I'm not actually a big fan of hats, so I don't mind they are purely cosmetic now

In reverse, I've figured out where the hats are at now, and so its fine. I also hope they're going to be adding a 'jobs' feature in that can have assigned skills and priorities with a slick of the 'jobs'. That would be nice.

I like the idea of some sicknesses being easy, but not all of them. Perhaps their could be new illnesses introduced that can be similar but more difficult and more deadly. Everyday illnesses that are simple to deal with, and will even burn themselves out in non-biohazard Dupes. While other illnesses could wipe out the colony if not managed properly. However, because its a game and not real life, I wish every illness to be manageable, just some more difficult than others.

Just now, caittorr said:

Please, for the love of god, PUT THEIR HATS BACK ON!! I rely so much on seeing the hats on the dupes to make sure they're doing the right job/skill, and keeping track of how many of each job/skill I have, and not having their hats on really makes it super difficult :(

First they change it to the hats being optional and now they're gone... What a change and shame.:wilsondisapproving:

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

First they change it to the hats being optional and now they're gone...

Well the hats aren`t gone. You can still assign them. they just don`t do anything other than being cosmetic. I wish they could be used for auto priority or something.

• Sad 2

On 7/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, dearmad said:

ugh no thanks. I like the cosmetic aspect. They earn the hat with the skill, then you put whichever hat they earned on them as you wish.

Now that I figured out how hats work, I'm alright with it.

I just hope they're setting things up for (new) 'jobs' now.

It'd me nice to put a Dupe on a 'job' and they auto-priority to how the job is set to prioritize.