Quality of Life Upgrade Mk III Available Now! - 326232

My little ''Hidden'' favourite..

• Unsuited Dupes walking underwater are no longer limited by distance but will travel more slowly
  • Unsuited Dupes will strongly prefer not to walk underwater if possible

''...will strongly prefer not to...''

sure...:wilson_ecstatic:

''...if possible...'':wilson_wink:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

You make me angry devs...Travaldo has a yellow jumpsuit, not a red jumpsuit.

image.png.03e8e7acbc6411f45baae1405b353726.pngimage.png.1016f5b493e52d21fc072c8c55918213.png

That's Travaldo's twin brother, Travino.  As you might suspect based on the red shirt he's wearing, he died an undignified death a long time ago.

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Sturm58 said:

Hmm not good with the old saves. Although most of my dupes got their jobs replaced with skill points, my astronauts lost all skills and I have to teach them all over again :/

Yup. Me too. But hey, changes, even big, are part of the deal, that's an early access ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, felonious_caper said:

STILL NO CLOUD SAVES< WTF GUYS!

Maybe the file could grow to big and cause cloud saves to take way to long or maybe the saves are handled in multiple files causing long sync times. Steam likes to read one file and the bigger that file can get the longer all syncing would take. So might never come.

Edited by bumbaclad

17 hours ago, KieraGreywolf said:

Can we fix the Skills screen so Dupes more than half way down actually have their attributes box fully visible? As it is now, past the first 6 or 7 dupes it begins to cut off their attributes. The further down a dupe is the more that is cut off.

Yea please add some kind of clamping to the skills screen to keep the tooltips from falling off the bottom into oblivion.

• Thanks 1

Would it also be possible to add the hats to the door settings dupe pictures? It would help a lot when trying to restrict certain jobs to inside the base like cooks or in-base operators rather than having to check the skills/vitals/whatever windows. As of right now it's not hard to open the vitals window while doing it, but if it's an easy fix it would be appreciated!

• Like 2

Simply not

7 hours ago, bumbaclad said:

Maybe the file could grow to big and cause cloud saves to take way to long or maybe the saves are handled in multiple files causing long sync times. Steam likes to read one file and the bigger that file can get the longer all syncing would take. So might never come.

Simply not true. Cloud saves are WELL documented. I mean so well documented that a TODDLER can implement them. Cloud saves are also non-blocking. They won't impeded anything in game if it takes too long to upload as it's handled on the back end asynchronously. It's simply laziness because the devs probably cater to more than just steam users and this is a steam only feature.

I requested this feature long before the rocketry upgrade and offered to buy 10 copies for friends and family once it was implemented. That won't be the case anymore

Edited by felonious_caper

So I've been enjoying the new build and I already have a suggestion regarding the HATS system.

Right now the choice is purely cosmetic, but perhaps it would be nice to get a HAT-BOOST.
Also, the way you choose a hat, could be tied to priority settings, meaning, only give a hat to the dupe that has a priority set to higher than highest (the wrench priority).. that way, getting a hat would be more impactful but also become a choice that has both positive and limiting consequences...

What do you guys think:?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PhatPingu said:

lso, the way you choose a hat, could be tied to priority settings, meaning, only give a hat to the dupe that has a priority set to higher than highest (the wrench priority).. that way, getting a hat would be more impactful but also become a choice that has both positive and limiting consequences...

I thouhgt of the same thing. With the new system auto prioritize is gone. It could be readded with hats used as the main job indicator.

Started a new map (that's what I mostly do in ONI tbh) yet again in the newest update (I have started maybe two during preview as well), and I feel like Skills change made things much more dynamic during the very-early-game. Rancher comes faster and at a lower morale cost (previously I remember waiting and waiting for the first one), all other stuff is also more accessible. Same impression as with Research changes some patches earlier. Also to my impression the shrinking of a starter zone combined with Disease changes lead to more dynamic gameplay as well.

I wonder however how little a starter zone will there be left at the time of the release :) Or is it just me who feels like it's shrinking?

15 minutes ago, miauly said:

I wonder however how little a starter zone will there be left at the time of the release :) Or is it just me who feels like it's shrinking?

I haven't noticed a smaller starting biome. Main thing is that the center of the biome (the printer pod) moves a bit more. I like my printer pod to be dead center in my base, but I've gotten a couple seeds recently where I've had to build my base offset to the point that the printer pod is 6-8 squares off center, pretty much right up against my ladders.

Or, even worse, needing to dig into a slime biome just to have enough room below the printer pod for my water basin and terrarium based O2 plant.