Suggestion - Zoom feature like mouse wheel on PC

Hi all.

So, I've looked and looked all over the forum, but couldn't find any mention to this.

I am playing this game a lot with my spouse on split screen, and I would love to see a zoom feature added, like on the PC. It would greatly help when exploring and you need to look around. 

The touch pad can be utilized for that easily.

What do you guys think? 

It has its moments, but it's still "raw". I would like to be able to lock on to the bee queen before she's out of the cocoon.

The zoom feature can be very useful, in any case.

KLEI - please?

4 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Do you find target lock useful? I turned it off.

In certain situations I find it useful and I never activated it by accident so far. I do like that it got implemented, but I can see how some players don’t like it.

3 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

In certain situations I find it useful and I never activated it by accident so far. I do like that it got implemented, but I can see how some players don’t like it.

I’m just not used to it. It drives me nuts sometimes. 

They could add a mechanism for slower but more accurate targeting. Long press L3 and a list of in-range objects appear, and you can choose, like the crafting menu.

I still wish to get some feedback from klei on the zoom suggestion..

On 4/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Do you find target lock useful? I turned it off.

It's really useful! especially when you try to catch Bees or Butterfly! before the Target Lock, almost always when I try to catch butterflies I accidentally pick a flower or catch bee instead! but Thanks to our lord @CharlesB ... this never happened when he introduced the Target system. 

5cd09e65c688c_WMWHYSc-Imgur.gif.7a35a1d96a44bdde75371406da72865c.gif

Still waiting for ANY response from Klei. Even a "F*** YOU!!" would be fine.. 

Should I put the suggestion somewhere else to get some feedback from them?

20 hours ago, mzajy said:

It's really useful! especially when you try to catch Bees or Butterfly! before the Target Lock, almost always when I try to catch butterflies I accidentally pick a flower or catch bee instead! but Thanks to our lord @CharlesB ... this never happened when he introduced the Target system. 

5cd09e65c688c_WMWHYSc-Imgur.gif.7a35a1d96a44bdde75371406da72865c.gif

Have you found other uses? I am just careful that it says ‘Catch’ and not ‘Pick’, before I hit X. When fighting the bee queen though, I’d really like to not attack other things by accident. Like my bunnymen. 

6 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Have you found other uses? I am just careful that it says ‘Catch’ and not ‘Pick’, before I hit X. When fighting the bee queen though, I’d really like to not attack other things by accident. Like my bunnymen. 

Hmm, did you try to catch near Honey farm? When all of your bees wandering around the flowers! dunno for me it's not only easy way to catch but even to save time, I guess? 

5cd21dc12018a_Ymzy4hv-Imgur.gif.822be289ba3c1801873ff8ad596e8863.gif

Tentacles? This is the only two things that I'm using the Target Lock for, catching something or killing Tentacle.  

Archived