[Game Update] - 142

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.42 - 4/11/2019 (PlayStation 4)

- Don't show "Recent Discoveries" in the main menu until the daily gift box has been opened. We don't want to spoil the surprise!
- Fixed a crash when creating or resuming worlds in Offline mode.
- Fixed a hang when creating or loading a world.
- Improved the damaged save data popup.
- Armor will no longer take damage when evading an attack during Soul Hop.
- Sand Spikes, Meat Bulbs, Relics, Balloons, and Nightmares will no longer spawn Souls.
- Sand Spikes, Relics, and Balloons will no longer trigger Abigail or Wigrid’s Battleborn.
- Fixed some typos in Wortox’s speech strings.
- Fixed bug with controller targeting when using a Pitchfork as Wortox.
- Fixed missing sounds for some of Wortox’s emotes.
- Fixed the size of Equestrienne Headdress when dropped on the ground.
- Fixed the oval portrait for Random Character in the Lobby’s Character Select.
- Fixed bug where Fire Staff could be casted on a Night Light, resulting in a crash.
- Fixed bug where murdering a stack of creatures only counted as one kill.
- Fixed bug with burnt Deciduous Trees and stumps not decaying over time like other trees do.
- Creatures that die in traps near Wortox will now spawn souls.
- Fixed animation layering bugs during Soul Hop.
- Fixed various Wortox skins bugs.
- Fixed crash when building Celestial Portal.
- Fixed a bug where the player would disappear briefly when dropping something heavy while riding a beefalo.

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Was super excited to wake up this morning and see this update downloading after weeks of not being able to play the game! Safe to say I was incredibly disappointed to load the game up and see that the endless loading screen when logging in from the start menu that has made the game unplayable has not been addressed. :( Any word on a fix?

Edited by keats95

• Developer
8 minutes ago, keats95 said:

Was super excited to wake up this morning to see this update downloading after weeks of not being able to play the game! Safe to say I was incredibly disappointed to load the game up and see that the endless loading screen when logging in from the start menu that has made the game unplayable has not been addressed. :( Any word on a fix?

We're still investigating what could be going wrong for you. We haven't been able to reproduce the problem here in the office so it's hard to know why you're experiencing this.

We did add something you can try though. When you get to the menu with the Play! button, push down to navigate to the wrench icon on the bottom right. First try "Clear dynamic content", and if you're still stuck loading reboot and try "Disable dynamic content'. When you get into the main menu you'll probably see a warning about dynamic content being disabled, but for the time being just select "I understand". 

Let us know if this helps.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

We're still investigating what could be going wrong for you. We still haven't been able to reproduce the problem here in the office. There is something you can try though. When you get to the menu with the Play! button, push down to navigate to the wrench icon on the bottom right. First try "Clear dynamic content", and if you're still stuck loading reboot and try "Disable dynamic content'.

Thanks for the quick response! Just tried clearing and then disabling dynamic content, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped the situation. I hope we can pinpoint the problem soon :)

• Developer
1 minute ago, keats95 said:

Thanks for the quick response! Just tried clearing and then disabling dynamic content, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped the situation. I hope we can pinpoint the problem soon :)

Would you mind getting us your KU? (this is a Klei User Id we can use to see if we can get any information from our online services to help diagnose your problem.

If you go to https://accounts.klei.com/, follow the PSN login and possibly fill in a short registration page, you should be able to then see your KU under the "User Info" tab. You can DM me with it directly if you want, and I can continue to look into this.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

We're still investigating what could be going wrong for you. We haven't been able to reproduce the problem here in the office so it's hard to know why you're experiencing this.

Did you guys try to download the game from our store? maybe the issue with our regions?? because now it appears only North and South America that can play the game!

Edited by mzajy

• Developer
1 hour ago, mzajy said:

Did you guys try to download the game from our store? maybe the issue with our regions?? because now it appears only North and South America that can play the game!

Are you still unable to play on the latest update? We are continuing to look into it so knowing if this has changed anything would be useful. It definitely has a lot of good fixes, but possibly not for the logging in issue. Continuing to dig...

• Thanks 1

My problem its the same as this guys above. Cant loggin, tried to clear and disable with the new buttons, didn't help. It's funny because every day when the first loggin freeze, I close the app and switch to my brothers account, there the game works (just in the first try) and I am able to get our daily gifts there. Today was the exact same thing, the difference was that when logged on my brothers account, and connect a 2nd player controler, my daily gift didn't pop. This was just an information to see if help you guys, please let me know if I can do anything.

38 minutes ago, justinliew said:

Are you still unable to play on the latest update? We are continuing to look into it so knowing if this has changed anything would be useful. It definitely has a lot of good fixes, but possibly not for the logging in issue. Continuing to dig...

Unfortunately yes. I did what @CharlesB suggest, I even go beyond and delete the game and reinstall it. still can't login. 

• Developer

@mzajy @keats95 any chance either of you have another PSN account you're able to try? I'm curious why the other user in this thread can log in with another account but not a specifi one. That is interesting new information so being able to know if others see something similar would be great.

@00lass00 is that always the case? Does your brother's account work 100% of the time and yours 0%?

29 minutes ago, justinliew said:

@mzajy @keats95 any chance either of you have another PSN account you're able to try? I'm curious why the other user in this thread can log in with another account but not a specifi one. That is interesting new information so being able to know if others see something similar would be great.

@00lass00 is that always the case? Does your brother's account work 100% of the time and yours 0%?

Just tried my other account, nope for me.

What I notice the first loading before the intro, my original account, takes like 1-2 minutes to finish loading and start the intro, this wasn't the case before Wortox, but when I tried my other account it's like 30 second or less. But still, when I go to play, I can't login. dunno if this will help or not. 

Edited by mzajy

@justinliew Its really weird because, works just the first time of each day, and not always works. So its really some kind of bug. But if I try right now connect on his account I cant. I keep trying everyday keep switching accounts until I get my daily gift, but sometimes doesnt work. Im really disapointed that I cant play the game anymore.

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

We did add something you can try though. When you get to the menu with the Play! button, push down to navigate to the wrench icon on the bottom right. First try "Clear dynamic content", and if you're still stuck loading reboot and try "Disable dynamic content'. When you get into the main menu you'll probably see a warning about dynamic content being disabled, but for the time being just select "I understand". 

Let us know if this helps.

I think I kinda know what the problem since I have 2 ps4 I game share them and only have ps+ only on of them but because of game share can play online i had the endless loading but only on the ps4 without the ps+ i just ran out of ps+ yesterday so I tried something i got the 14 free trial ps+ on the ps4 with the problem and it fixed it but my other ps4 which was working fine before now has the endless loading

50 minutes ago, justinliew said:

I just tried this with a second account and it does indeed work! Which is very interesting :confused: The other account I was able to login with didn't have PS+ if that information matters.

• Developer
1 hour ago, keats95 said:

I just tried this with a second account and it does indeed work! Which is very interesting :confused: The other account I was able to login with didn't have PS+ if that information matters.

Interesting! Can you try a few times with each account and see if it's 100% the same? The other user above was saying it was the first time of the day, which implies there's something else going on. Thanks for the help so far!

• Thanks 1

I have been having this issue for a week or so now.  I live in South Korea, for what it's worth.  The game is stuck at the login screen.  Also, if I go into offline mode, but then choose to back out to try to reconnect, the game freezes up completely at that point, requiring a restarting of the app to continue.

Guys, 

I have the same issue. As of 1.41 update I cannot login - it stays infinitely on the "Logging In" screen. First tried to download an older profile from the PS Cloud - still the same problem.

Uninstalled the game, installed it game - still the same :(

Deleted all game files from the PS4. The only difference was that when I started the game I had to accept the EULA again and after that - still the same. Kinda stuck here :(

9 hours ago, JanH said:

- Fixed a bug where the player would disappear briefly when dropping something heavy while riding a beefalo.

My prayers have been answered!!!!

and finally wortox will feel more polished and I hope that one bug will be fixed soon so the entire PS4 community can enjoy this update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

and finally wortox will feel more polished and I hope that one bug will be fixed soon so the entire PS4 community can enjoy this update.

It is sad!The endless loading screen when logging in from the Start menu.

I have yet to try out the portal since the update and I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes. But Can we use the portal now to change characters? Not sure if this bug has been fixed yet. Using the celestial portal before the patch would give us error and crash or game.

1 hour ago, NoscopeFelix said:

And what about playing wortox in offline mode ?

So the "offline" community can enjoy this update too and the NoscopeFelix prayer will be fully answered :) !

• Developer

This question is specifically for people experiencing the Logging In... hang, and who have previous Online mode saves:

@mzajy @keats95 probably others too

If you choose to "Play Offline" and then go into the Host game screen and look at your Online mode saves, do you see the character faces, or are they question marks?

faces.pngquestion.png

• Like 2

• Developer
9 hours ago, Ryeknox said:

I have yet to try out the portal since the update and I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes. But Can we use the portal now to change characters? Not sure if this bug has been fixed yet. Using the celestial portal before the patch would give us error and crash or game.

Yes, if you have the latest update, the portal crash is fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1