Woodie QoL Wish List

So, as a Woodie Main, and seeing that Woodie will probably be in the May spot for a revamp, I wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Keep in mind that these are all Quality of Life changes that I want, and not meant to change Gameplay.

Werebeaver Skins

Lets be honest here, Woodie's skins, save for the Survivor and maybe the Gladiator, suck. Instead of re-doing them which would be weird, you can compromise and make each skin have a corresponding Werebeaver skin. The Triumphant would have a more menacing Werebeaver, the Survivor will have one with ruffled fur, etc etc.

Werebeaver Sounds

Right now, the Werebeaver sounds like Woodie when he gets hit and when he dies. It would be nice to have the sound instead be a different sounding instrument that represents the Werebeaver, or have a similar instrument with a different tune.

(Edit: For those that are interested, the Werebeaver's sound effects are just Woodie with a muffled filter.)
(
https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/File:Werebeaver_Hurt_Voice.ogg)

Lucy Skins

If Wigfrid can have a skin for her battle helm and battle spear, why not Lucy? Of course, there's only so much you can change with a red axe, so maybe you can have a red version of the Gorge Axe as a Lucy skin, or maybe something along the lines of a Fire Axe.

Dynamic Lucy Dialogue

At the moment, Lucy's speech gets really repetitive. Maybe she can have multiple quotes for specific situations such as:

-Woodie being at low health

-Woodie being at low sanity

-Woodie being low on hunger

-Woodie being low on all three stats

-Hounds are coming (only if being held)

-Woodie being attacked (ie Lucy being worried/scared for Woodie)

-Location specific dialogue (such as PK, Oasis, etc.)

I don't expect all of this, but these are just ideas that would make Lucy more dynamic (and could also flesh her out as a character)

thoughts?

Other Woodie main here, I love all those ideas.

I'm nearly always disappointed with Woodie skins because the others get great Hallowed Eve and Winter Feast skins and he gets a Roseate one with an ugly haircut. Better skins, especially if they also modify his werebeaver would be much appreciated.

I already love the Werebeaver soundtrack, having werebeaver-specific sounds to accompany it would be awesome.

Was not aware Wigfrid's items had skins, but now that I know, I want to make my Lucy all pretty too!

And yes, more Lucy dialogue is always good, Having that text sometimes replace the text from Woodie himself would be a good way to do that.

2 hours ago, tHe_silent_H said:

Sadly i think skins for Lucy will be unlikely, as item skins are only applied when you craft the item, and since Lucy is never crafted...

You can craft her if you craft an axe and chop a tree. Adding axe skins would make it easy: you craft an axe with a specific skin and it also changes Lucy when it transforms.

Give Woodie his own crafting tab?

The tab would be centered around wood stuff.(of course)

Some things with real use like wood spike wall and trap, some type of specialized storage like a book shelf that can store books and blueprints, a wood storage that is the size of and scaled chest but only stores wood, Tool rack, etc.

And some cosmetic stuff, maybe sculptures of carved wood.

Making his only real upside the wood gathering stuff makes him a bit bland. My ideas up there are not the best but still give some sort of idea of how making him truly unique.

10 hours ago, Marthan said:

snip!

I absolutely love the idea of Woodie doing some hefty woodworking! (It would make sense, too!)

Would give us a better incentive to collect stockpiles of Wood. :wilson_dorky:

"Wood is so handy! Look at all the things you can make!" - Woodie's chest quote

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 10:06 AM, Marthan said:

And some cosmetic stuff, maybe sculptures of carved wood.

Woodie's quote actually suggest he can whittle and play guitar

also one of my Woodie wish list is him being able to swing tools 2x faster like Lucy

2 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Woodie's quote actually suggest he can whittle and play guitar

also one of my Woodie wish list is him being able to swing tools 2x faster like Lucy

yeah hi this was like 24 days ago

10 hours ago, Canis said:

Since Woodie's rework is confirmed to be next, I'm using a telltale heart on this thread to jumpstart talk about QoL changes.

The mad lad vores trees instantly, and when the timer runs out he vomits them up everywhere.

Please, Klei.

Also swimming where Woodie just drowns when his meter runs out.

Like you're on a boat, right...? Beaver Chad starts swimming up to you, you start paddling the boat away in fear, your friend plays the Jaws theme with terrible quality in the background over his mic Beaver Chad's right next to the boa- "Oh no he's gonna jump on!!" then he just drowns.

Like that simple. Please. Klei.

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

Like you're on a boat, right...? Beaver Chad starts swimming up to you, you start setting the boat away in fear, your friend plays the Jaws theme with terrible quality in the background he's right next to the boa- "Oh no he's gonna jump on!!" then he just drowns.

This made me laugh way more than it should

Archived