[Game Update] - 323841

2 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

Mesh tiles are your friend in this situation. Any extra polluted water is welcome in my base. I like it.

normally I would agree but the idea of mesh tiles,co2 blanket, and pump under exosuit docks seems silly

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chemie said:

normally I would agree but the idea of mesh tiles,co2 blanket, and pump under exosuit docks seems silly

That's how petro generator would be set up. I haven't seen anyone calling it silly.

7 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Nice Sir!
One thing about slimelung / food poisoning.
Slimelung should be possible to transfer through atmosphere / cough / infect.
Food Poisoning should be a surface based / contact / transferring / smearing / expanding effect.
Tungsten for medicine is over the top, for my taste..
Parasites next!
para.jpg.1bf4072ad10f0dd41e6a652052f88692.jpg

Maybe they should nerf mealwood and have the dupes contract lice from them?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mariilyn said:

Sneezing is similar to the slimelung symptoms so I would bet on some headache, dizziness and/or fainting effect, that doesn't last for very long.

I presumed the new coughing animation for slimelung was going to replace the sneezing.  I've tried to no avail to get a dupe sick with slimelung, so I'm not sure if this is actually the case.

3 hours ago, chemie said:

The exosuit thing is stupid.  Why would they think it is fun game design to have exosuits dumping piss water on the floor every time a dupe removes it?

I'm not keen on this change either.  It was a humorous enough suggestion, but as an actual mechanic it's going to be an exercise in tedium to deal with.

13 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

That's how petro generator would be set up. I haven't seen anyone calling it silly.

Should the infrastructure needed to support an airlock be on par with that of a petroleum generator?  We're already investing power for the docks themselves, plus whatever pumps and filters are needed to supply the docks.  Now we've got to dedicate more space and more power to pump away polluted water and whatever else comes out of the suit.  That's getting to be quite cumbersome for what it is.

Edited by goboking

13 minutes ago, goboking said:

Should the infrastructure needed to support an airlock be on par with that of a petroleum generator?

Don't see why not. Certainly shakes up the 'meta' of water lock + exo's trivializing many aspects of the game.

Adding complexity should be welcomed in this game.

Edited by Grimgaw
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Don't see why not. Certainly shakes up the 'meta' of water lock + exo's trivializing many aspects of the game.

Adding complexity should be welcomed in this game.

Is slapping some mesh tiles and a liquid pump beneath an airlock really complex problem solving though?

45 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

pet gens are part of an industrial power plant and can leak all they want with ng gens.  exosuits are connected to living space 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, goboking said:

Should the infrastructure needed to support an airlock be on par with that of a petroleum generator?  We're already investing power for the docks themselves, plus whatever pumps and filters are needed to supply the docks.  Now we've got to dedicate more space and more power to pump away polluted water and whatever else comes out of the suit.  That's getting to be quite cumbersome for what it is.

I think my suits will be moving outside.  airlock living space and short walk to open docks and let dups deal with short holding breath

• Developer

In general duplicants should not pee in their suits. It's what happens when the "pee on floor" action happens while a suit is being worn. So as long as you don't have dupes peeing all over the floor, they shouldn't be peeing in their suits either.

If this is not the case, and they're regularly going-on-the-go, that's a bug so please let us know/send us a save file. :)

Also, the airlocks breaking is definitely unintended, we'll look in to that. Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Is slapping some mesh tiles and a liquid pump beneath an airlock really complex problem solving though?

The only problem i see is preventing polluted water to off gas or messing whit the water lock. @Ipsquiggle any news about abyssalite?

Thank you

Edited by tzionut

3 hours ago, goatt said:

There is not convey sorting. If you wanna sort, you can build an auto sweeper halfway the convey and use that to direct where resources should go next

Then why do we need a blocker, which can not respond to the necessary resources or temperature indicators? It's like making a motion sensor in the water pipe section. So that they stop the flow of water when there is a duplicate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Noo.. slimelung gets destroyed by your dupe's digestive system. It only thrives when it gets into their lungs, by breathing it.  And vice-versa for food poisoning.

Again, putting "realism" over something that could make diseases far more interesting and difficult is missing an oppurtunity

1 minute ago, Alfons100 said:

Again, putting "realism" over something that could make diseases far more interesting and difficult is missing an oppurtunity

I'm a bit confused here.  So you're saying that its better to completely confuse and frustrate your players by ignoring the stated mechanics?  Wouldn't it be smarter to set up a system where you can add or remove a variety of maladies in a predictable manner?  

...Oh, wait, that's what they did.  If you pay attention to what Klei has been saying, they're wanting to introduce more maladies of various levels requiring differing treatment levels.  Slimelung and food poisoning are basic maladies to test the mechanics -- they aren't the end result. 

Currently we have this (incomplete) list:

• Slimelung.  A disease contracted by breathing in spores.
  • Food poisoning.  A disease contracted by eating food.
  • Hypothermia.  A 'disease' contracted by freezing your dupe's butts off.
  • Heat stroke.  A 'disease' contracted by cooking your dupes.

It appears to me that currently they have a framework that allows them to test various ways of getting dupes sick.  It also appears that their framework is working predictably, which is an important step before adding more maladies.  The recent patch notes and developer discussions have shown that they're expanding this system -- they just haven't done it yet.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

In general duplicants should not pee in their suits. It's what happens when the "pee on floor" action happens while a suit is being worn. So as long as you don't have dupes peeing all over the floor, they shouldn't be peeing in their suits either.

If this is not the case, and they're regularly going-on-the-go, that's a bug so please let us know/send us a save file. :)

Even Nasa is installing toilets inside space suit! If nasa can do it, Duplicants can do too!! :p

https://www.space.com/39710-orion-spacesuit-waste-disposal-system.html

"NASA engineers are working on a new spacesuit that includes a long-term waste-disposal system — effectively, a built-in toilet. "

12 minutes ago, 4ewka said:

Then why do we need a blocker, which can not respond to the necessary resources or temperature indicators? It's like making a motion sensor in the water pipe section. So that they stop the flow of water when there is a duplicate.

Sometimes you want to stop the rail movement.  For example, you could have fresh, hot igneous from cooling magma that is drilled by an auto-miner and put on a conveyor rail.  You could run a rail into a cooling chamber and not allow it to leave until the rails drop below a specific temperature.  Then it allows movement again until the temperature rises above a threshold.

I've noticed that materials in motion don't cool as rapidly as those standing still.  So I've used this method of cooling (or heating) with liquids.  Fill the pipes up.  Wait until X, flush the pipes.  Repeat.

46 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Also, the airlocks breaking is definitely unintended, we'll look in to that. Thanks!

I would rather they pee in place.  if a dup gets stranded, I dont want a mess at the docks.  but i am glad the dups are not "plumbed" to the suits like irl

I think dupes are getting skills way to slow now.

Pufts needs love too little production from them even a polluted oxygen vent cannot support a puft farm, they do not produce enough for distillers/pacu sinergies.

Pacus need rebalance, too strong AND too weak. " too much algae needed and too much production if fed both ways seems imba for the more or for the less".

Im working on an Aquarium and would like to put tropical pacus there, i think we need a way to get a selected fish to put into aquariums.

Algae Distillers still weak, such a cool design getting basically no use for me at least. " i can be wrong on these but i do not see anyone using it ever in twitch or youtube, at least in survival ".

About Diseases - A really good step in the right direction guys :).

Can we plz have achievements in game when realease? " just a personal desire "

Well thats what i remember for now, hope you all enjoyed :).

Keep it cool as an ice machine does! heck yeah.

1 hour ago, fredhp said:

Even Nasa is installing toilets inside space suit! If nasa can do it, Duplicants can do too!! :p

https://www.space.com/39710-orion-spacesuit-waste-disposal-system.html

"NASA engineers are working on a new spacesuit that includes a long-term waste-disposal system — effectively, a built-in toilet. "

Like the suits from Dune!  recycle that into drinking water with movement.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

Either it's too complex, or it's too simple.

Pick a side, you've argued both.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Sometimes you want to stop the rail movement.  For example, you could have fresh, hot igneous from cooling magma that is drilled by an auto-miner and put on a conveyor rail.  You could run a rail into a cooling chamber and not allow it to leave until the rails drop below a specific temperature.  Then it allows movement again until the temperature rises above a threshold.

I've noticed that materials in motion don't cool as rapidly as those standing still.  So I've used this method of cooling (or heating) with liquids.  Fill the pipes up.  Wait until X, flush the pipes.  Repeat.

Couldn't you in that case use a ore dumper to drop it in a pool and have a sweeper pick it up that is tied to a temperature sensor where the ore/whatever is being dropped to kick on after a certain temperature is reached back into another conveyor?

15 minutes ago, natanstarke said:

Im working on an Aquarium and would like to put tropical pacus there, i think we need a way to get a selected fish to put into aquariums.

Use a liquid tepidizer (or any other means of heating water) to keep the temperature up and your pacu will eventually lay tropical pacu eggs.  Glass/diamond makes for poor insulation, so you'll have to deal with heat, but it's manageable to keep adjacent rooms comfortable while keeping your aquarium hot enough for tropical pacu.

12 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Either it's too complex, or it's too simple.

Pick a side, you've argued both.

You've conflated tedious with complex.  I never said it was the latter.

40 minutes ago, goboking said:

Use a liquid tepidizer (or any other means of heating water) to keep the temperature up and your pacu will eventually lay tropical pacu eggs.  Glass/diamond makes for poor insulation, so you'll have to deal with heat, but it's manageable to keep adjacent rooms comfortable while keeping your aquarium hot enough for tropical pacu.

You've conflated tedious with complex.  I never said it was the latter.

Thanks never knew temperature would affect it, it wont be a problem because the aquarium will be like in the transition to the oil biome around 40c there :). My father used to ranch some pacus and other fish into a pool, was really cool, thats one of the reasons i suggested more fish types on other topics and have the desire for aquariums in base.

Edited by natanstarke

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

A suggestion about this new system : you could add an liquid output on the exosuit docks to extract the polluted water. :)

• Thanks 1