[Game Update] - 323841

3 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

if the buddy plant provides a negative germ buff,   not sure why it would be useful to have them  since their décor is just the same as any of the other options.    I suppose they're just for the wild germs factor after you get rid of them like slimes that's pretty much it.   at least slimes have some purpose.   buddy plants will have no purpose (décor but as mentioned by others can just be used by another plant instead).

I wonder if it's just going to start with the Buddy Bud, but then all decorative plants will also become germ emitters.

Spoiler

Heckin allergies.

First hayfever and now this? Someone get whatever dev is salty about this some kleenex and claritin. :wilson_ecstatic:

I like all the changes, and i hope abyssalite will be crushable again. :) 600 tones of it in my curent game 

f the buddy plant provides a negative germ buff,   not sure why it would be useful to have them  since their décor is just the same as any of the other options.    I suppose they're just for the wild germs factor after you get rid of them like slimes that's pretty much it.   at least slimes have some purpose.   buddy plants will have no purpose (décor but as mentioned by others can just be used by another plant instead).

The floral scent isn't an impediment. You can go for an automated bristle berry farm whit no dupe. I grow bristle berry only for my wild bugs as in intermediary step to convert all my bugs to abyss bugs. And after 3 azure bugs laying at 80% chances abyss eggs only azure eggs i think i found some sort of bug.

Edited by tzionut

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Sometimes, dupes make messes even when in exo-suits. I guess that there is a race between the 110% bladder pressure reduction and getting it actually down below 100% in time if they go into a suit with bladder full. I have no idea how to trigger this intentionally, but I want to see the new status ;)

Just saw that exo-suits do not seem to reduce dupe liquid production anymore. So getting the "soiled" status should be pretty easy. Also, more pwater!

23 minutes ago, Sinistrem said:

How exactly does it release said pwater? Does it drip it beneath station? Pipes? Bottles?

Seems to be a "bulk release" at the exo-suit checkpoint floor tile.

BTW, "soiled suit" gives a 40%/cycle stress increase, but sadly no visible green water in the helmet...

Edited by Gurgel

So if the four germs play out like this...

• Food Poisoning - Vomiting
  • Slimelung - Coughing
  • Floral Scents - Sneezing?
  • Sporechild - Zombification?

Does that leave room for anything else?  A rabies analogue could increase stress or make dupes violent.  Depending on how sporechild works, there might still be room for a lethal disease.  What else could they add to the game on this front?  Or would you consider the bases sufficiently covered at this point?

5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Stubbed in "Floral Scents" germ. This is released by Buddy Buds, and Bristle Blossoms when the bloom. Effects are still WIP.

Apparently Joshua is allergic... 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3eb8f35582d931fb4e787c51fb43a2e0.png

(Actually he's got sporelung, it was just fantastic timing.)

Sneezing is similar to the slimelung symptoms so I would bet on some headache, dizziness and/or fainting effect, that doesn't last for very long.

Edit : It could also work like sunlight. For example, Floral Scent could give a stress reduction bonus but prolonged exposure (exceeding a certain amount of particles absorbed) triggers a negative status.

The « germs » particles are more analogous to a strong smell emitted by the plant, rather than pollen. Like perfume or essential oil.

Edited by Mariilyn
  • Like 1

If Floral Scents are supposed to be "Pollen", I hope all decorative plants(Maybe there's one exception), plus Bristle Blossom cause it. To create some equality between the different plants. Perhaps the zombie bacteria could also spawn during blooming of Dusk Caps to balance it out a bit too? Dusk Caps are pretty cheap for what they are

One thing I've been wanting is that you can get sick from any shape the bacteria is ingested. Such as Slimelung being eaten still causes slimelung, or Food poisoning being inhaled can cause Food poisoning. 

Just now, Alfons100 said:

One thing I've been wanting is that you can get sick from any shape the bacteria is ingested. Such as Slimelung being eaten still causes slimelung, or Food poisoning being inhaled can cause Food poisoning. 

Aside from real-world diseases not working that way, what gameplay-related purpose would that achieve?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M.C. said:

Aside from real-world diseases not working that way, what gameplay-related purpose would that achieve?

Look at ONI and look at the real world, there's only so many things that can be called "realistic" in this game. Don't let that restrict the games balance.

It would make diseases a bit more difficult to handle, so if you manage to make Food poisoning airborne it would still be dangerous, and not literally just be good because it cancels other bacterias in the same tile. 

There could of course be a modifier that food poisoning is 50% less likely to infect when inhaled, and slimelung 50% less likely to infect when eaten. To keep the respective roles of said diseases .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Stubbed in "Floral Scents" germ.
  • Stubbed in the "Sporechid", a germ-producing plant that lives in the oil biome. Germs and effects are still WIP.

Nice Sir!
One thing about slimelung / food poisoning.
Slimelung should be possible to transfer through atmosphere / cough / infect.
Food Poisoning should be a surface based / contact / transferring / smearing / expanding effect.
Tungsten for medicine is over the top, for my taste..
Parasites next!
para.jpg.1bf4072ad10f0dd41e6a652052f88692.jpg

@Ipsquiggle nice update

I'd like to point out that after the atmosuit "emission" update my water locks next to the atmosuit checkpoint started to break consistently.

I'm using a compact configuration 3 tiles wide:

xxx

x

w

xwx

x

Where "x" are the tiles and "w" is water.

Didn't break for about 1k cycles but after the update it started to break stangely right after the dupes place back an atmosuit. It doesn't happen every time but it does.

Even more strange, sometimes it get fixed by it self without any reason.

Is it something worth investigating or do you feel is work as intended?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4ewka said:

When will they make automatic for the conveyor blocker? So I do not see it yet use it except for sorting resources. But there are no sensors to sort.

There is not convey sorting. If you wanna sort, you can build an auto sweeper halfway the convey and use that to direct where resources should go next

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenedas said:

I'd like to point out that after the atmosuit "emission" update my water locks next to the atmosuit checkpoint started to break consistently.

A have the same issue but just on an liquidlock on the right side of an exosuit checkpoint.

(My base is mirrored and just one liquidlock to leave the base on the right side got broken.)

And I take about "full" 700kg naptha tiles beeing replaced with CO2.

1 hour ago, chemie said:

Why would they think it is fun game design to have exosuits dumping piss water on the floor every time a dupe removes it?

Mesh tiles are your friend in this situation. Any extra polluted water is welcome in my base. I like it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alfons100 said:

Noo.. slimelung gets destroyed by your dupe's digestive system. It only thrives when it gets into their lungs, by breathing it.  And vice-versa for food poisoning.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

The exosuit thing is stupid.  Why would they think it is fun game design to have exosuits dumping piss water on the floor every time a dupe removes it?

IMO it shouldn`t be everytime. Only in extreme cases when the exosuit dupe doesn`t reach the toilet in time the suit gets "soiled". Just get rid of the exosuit bladder effect and make it happen when a dupe is super slow or gets stuck (like it sometimes happens in your base).

Actually how does it currently work? Anybody tested it?