• Slicksters can hover over Pneumatic Doors
  • Skills Screen horizontally scrolls
  • Game restarts correctly if there are spaces in the file path
  • Added sounds to the Conveyor Drop and Conveyor Shutoff
  • Tweaked ore falling/landing sounds
  • Fix crash when applying visual styles to dupes
  • Duplicant heads correctly wear hats in the Schedule screen
  • Big pass on new strings for this update
  • Added interact sounds to the Skill Scrubber (formerly Respeccer)
  • Icedro Fan renamed the Ice-E Fan
  • Flying critters will no longer pass through "water locks"
  • Fix Skill Screen crash when a dupe is in space
  • Fix for a crash in the Materials Overlay
  • Deprecated Hydrofan sounds no longer stay stuck on
  • Fix for Modloader.dll coexisting with the internal mod loader
  • New cough animation for Slime Lung
  • Height of Ice Maker has been fixed to match the art
  • New sounds for non-Duplicant printing pod deliveries
  • Correct animation and power usage for Conveyor Shutoff
  • Fixed arrow direction on Conveyor Shutoff
  • Hooked up some missing sounds for Shove Vole's grooming and growing up animations
  • Atmo Suits will now store all duplicant "emissions" and release them on unequipping.
  • New "soiled suit" status effect if a suit ends up full of liquid
  • Final Steam Turbine art
  • Grooming Station now must be inside a ranch, as it says in the description
  • Ranching attribute increases the duration of the Groomed effect by 10% per point
  • Improved performance of the Materials overlay
  • All contents of all mods are unzipped into the mods directory, so that e.g. config files can be edited by the end-user
  • New side screen slider for the Med Bed allow setting the health threshold before duplicants come to get healed
  • Ambient gas sounds are less monotonous
  • Door sounds no longer get cut off
  • Stubbed in "Floral Scents" germ. This is released by Buddy Buds, and Bristle Blossoms when the bloom. Effects are still WIP.
  • Stubbed in the "Sporechid", a germ-producing plant that lives in the oil biome. Germs and effects are still WIP.
  • New interact animation for the Advanced Doctoring Station

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Atmo Suits will now store all duplicant "emissions" and release them on unequipping.

Welp, I kinda like that for different reasons now for it takes away from the Atmo Suits "universal" utility and makes one require to dispose of the waste. Although one first has to find out themselves how they are handled.

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Ranching attribute increases the duration of the Groomed effect by 10% per point

You can't imagine, or mayhaps you actually do since you did it in the first place, how appreciated this change is! Making skills more useful, have more impact, is something to be considered indeed. Like just improving speed is rather lame after all (although care of course has to be taken lest it forces play styles(micro-managing, like when some suggested to let the digging skill reduce the mass penalty of 50%)

5 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Stubbed in "Floral Scents" germ. This is released by Buddy Buds, and Bristle Blossoms when the bloom. Effects are still WIP.
  • Stubbed in the "Sporechid", a germ-producing plant that lives in the oil biome. Germs and effects are still WIP.

Sweet, hopefully it will be done by the time the update hits. "Positive diseases" are quite neat and I will sure test and give some feedback for what's it worth~

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I take it that this refers to flatulent dupes.

But what about po2 from slimelung and pWater from bathroom breaks (which they are not taking while in atmo-suits)?

Is the "emissions" in quotes because you dont want to say "farts" or because you are using it as a wildcard for different types of emitted elements?

18 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

nvm answer is in the next line, i guess.;)

Edited by blash365

One observation in an otherwise really great update : 

16 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • All critters will land on horizontal open doors as if it was solid floor
  • Dreckos can climb on doors set to "auto" or "lock", but not "open"

Those two mechanics are kinda contradictory. 

28 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I presume this means CO2 and Natural gas? How does a suit end up full of liquid? An accident I presume.

28 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Grooming Station now must be inside a ranch, as it says in the description
  • Ranching attribute increases the duration of the Groomed effect by 10% per point

Inside ranch, perfect I already played as if that was how they worked so no need to rework designs. Ranching attribute is massive, an end game maxed out dupe with 20 ranching excluding other bonus should be able to maintain about 36 critters in real game conditions. (In lab conditions about 48, extrapolated from old testing) I see this getting nerfed to 5% per point if that is the case.

31 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Well this is going to be interesting, positive germ effects if player comments are accurate. I'm on board.

10 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

I presume this means CO2 and Natural gas? How does a suit end up full of liquid? An accident I presume.

Atmo Suits also have the effect of reducing the "Bladder" stat, I think since it is listed, although my observations showed me that my dupes still use lavatories normally (I don't quite recall if it was at the start of a break or after sleeping where it might just have passed 40%)

11 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

positive germ effects if player comments are accurate

I'd call it a humble guess based on common sense~

• Developer
29 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

One observation in an otherwise really great update : 

Those two mechanics are kinda contradictory. 

More specifically, 

• Dreckos can climb on vertical doors set to "auto" or "lock", but not "open"

They can walk on horizontal doors in any state, like duplicants.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

How do you guys know the new germs are positive effects?

Unless the database already contains information on these new germs, they're guessing.  Floral Scents could be a beneficial germ (though it's going to be hard to treat negative germs with medicine without also wiping out positive ones), but it could also be an allergen that causes sneezing or some other negative effect.

Edited by goboking

7 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Well if they put a negative effect on a decor boosting item then what’s the use?  I know they have a better temperature range but I’d just use another one for my great hall 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

I primarily only meant the Floral Scents, that the latter, the so-called Zombie Fungus I doubted to be but I did not know... until now, I read the description. Take a guess~

Now Floral Scent even dies in Oxygen and apparently I can not get my dupes infected/germed at all... maybe (certainly) I selected the wrong option when generating.

Edit: I am actually at a loss at how to get my dupes sick since simply filling the air with even Slimelung germs (numbered in the billions) does nothing on Miserable. I think I'm doing diseases wrong.

Edited by SakuraKoi

13 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

I primarily only meant the Floral Scents, that the latter, the so-called Zombie Fungus I doubted to be but I did not know... until now, I read the description. Take a guess~

Now Floral Scent even dies in Oxygen and apparently I can not get my dupes infected/germed at all... maybe (certainly) I selected the wrong option when generating.

Edit: I am actually at a loss at how to get my dupes sick since simply filling the air with even Slimelung germs (numbered in the billions) does nothing on Miserable. I think I'm doing diseases wrong.

besides food poisoning. ( so long as you don't eat bad food ).   the game seems fairly easy so far with the disease.

slimelungs are everywhere but they don't get sick or catch it.

the only time, I noticed they caught slime lungs,  is when they breathe in polluted oxygen.  and then it becomes as a timer (per cycle) until it goes away.

if immunity system % is no longer in the game or supposedly not important anymore.   what is the  germ resistant trait suppose to do again? since it is a % immunity boost.   And what's the point of immunity boosters or booster pills.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Stubbed in "Floral Scents" germ. This is released by Buddy Buds, and Bristle Blossoms when the bloom.

Nice to have more germs. This seems like a downside to overdecorating the base with plants as well as overly relying on bristles. They were way easier to get high quality food than using sleet wheat. Hopefully those don`t cause too severe ilnesses. I wonder if the other decorative plants get some sort of negatives. Like the jumping joya having a higher minimal temp.

5 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

5c0ff7fd8811f_ezgif.com-apng-maker(51).png.2d10f5ec42e93dce1c5909c8f3b3a2b3.png.90e9ee359f93d79979933c822d0f0216.pngdegsrhdtyj.PNG.58c5fe8174705905a0183255a3537a56.PNG

All we're missing now is a critter-borne disease (think ONI-fied rabies) - colored orange or red, naturally - and we'll be all set as far as diseases are concerned.

Edited by goboking
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FiannaTiger said:

Atmo Suits will now store all duplicant "emissions" and release them on unequipping.

New "soiled suit" status effect if a suit ends up full of liquid

lol.... so the atmo suit drop off spots might get messy?

I do not like the idea of the atmo suits area being full of PW bottles.  I would be fine if there was a piped connection but this is a big step backwards to where late game you are running around with all these pee bottles from high tech suits.  Or am I reading this wrong and even though the dups bladdder slowly decreases while ina suit, it is not filling up with liquid in equal amounts?  So it only applies to flatulence and not pee?

Plus the soiled suit implies that if the dup is in there when they get full, the suit stops working?

Edited by chemie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SakuraKoi said:

Atmo Suits also have the effect of reducing the "Bladder" stat, I think since it is listed, although my observations showed me that my dupes still use lavatories normally (I don't quite recall if it was at the start of a break or after sleeping where it might just have passed 40%)

Sometimes, dupes make messes even when in exo-suits. I guess that there is a race between the 110% bladder pressure reduction and getting it actually down below 100% in time if they go into a suit with bladder full. I have no idea how to trigger this intentionally, but I want to see the new status ;)

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New interact animation for the Advanced Doctoring Station

...am I a joke to you?

My work is never done I swear.

Big pass on new strings for this update

What does this mean? Did we get new strings, or did you skip them?

Spoiler

English is my first language and I'm STILL confused!

New cough animation for Slime Lung

WHERE ARE YOU HIDING IT?!?!

1 hour ago, Squeegee said:

5c0ff7fd8811f_ezgif.com-apng-maker(51).png.2d10f5ec42e93dce1c5909c8f3b3a2b3.png.90e9ee359f93d79979933c822d0f0216.png

Oi, at least plug me. :wilson_sneaky:

Spoiler

Or ping me so I can plug myself:wilson_wink:

Which reminds me...there's more buggering missing limbs in that animation. MUST. FIX.

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Stubbed in the "Sporechid", a germ-producing plant that lives in the oil biome. Germs and effects are still WIP.

Ah...so that's what the "Evil Flower" is.

• Haha 1

if the buddy plant provides a negative germ buff,   not sure why it would be useful to have them  since their décor is just the same as any of the other options.    I suppose they're just for the wild germs factor after you get rid of them like slimes that's pretty much it.   at least slimes have some purpose.   buddy plants will have no purpose (décor but as mentioned by others can just be used by another plant instead).