i feel like Webber will be fairly last i hope for 2 things from them

1 give him some farm based perks it makes sense for the character and also could give them some late game viability because spider items are so easy to farm with bunnies they has almost no use late game uses and he can't team with pigs or buns so even less reason to play them late game for complex farms also if he was given this perk then he'd have more possible synergies with other characters in a multiplayer game it really is annoying

2 make him not just kinda a Wortox downgrade he kinda is that rn

also i wonder what Max and Wilsons animations would be we already saw how they came to the constant

1 hour ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

He doesn't have any obvious perks, is the 'challenged' character, and his popularity among some people stems from his difficulty, I could make a seperate post on him, but does anyone else want a rework for him?

The thing is, Wes is already a challenge character in DS singleplayer. He serves that purpose there. He doesn't need to be like that in DST. Klei is clearly trying to differentiate between singleplayer and multiplayer with these reworks, so I'm expecting some significant changes to Wes' playstyle. I don't know what those changes could be, I'm no good at coming up with mechanical concepts. But, whatever they are, they will probably make Wes more useful to the team.

1 hour ago, ModsterMash said:

The thing is, Wes is already a challenge character in DS singleplayer. He serves that purpose there. He doesn't need to be like that in DST. Klei is clearly trying to differentiate between singleplayer and multiplayer with these reworks, so I'm expecting some significant changes to Wes' playstyle. I don't know what those changes could be, I'm no good at coming up with mechanical concepts. But, whatever they are, they will probably make Wes more useful to the team.

There is no way that they will take away the challenge of was. It would ruin the character.

they will probably give him new abilities (like balloons). Not necessarily perks but just things that keep him difficult but rather make him unique.

24 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

There is no way that they will take away the challenge of was. It would ruin the character.

they will probably give him new abilities (like balloons). Not necessarily perks but just things that keep him difficult but rather make him unique.

I don't think that they will remove the challenge. Having trouble staying alive is part of his character. But, I don't agree that he should be unlockable because that's how he was treated in DS which only works there because DS has linear progression in the way characters are unlocked and DST is nonlinear with all chars available by default (sans DLC). Nor do I think he should remain unchanged because he will fall behind everyone else and will probably be dull in comparison.

I agree that they will probably give him something that keeps him challenging and makes him unique.

The way to go for Wes is to give him team utility that doesnt benefit him in any way. Some ideas.

Make Wes #1 priority for hostile mobs. Everyone hates mimes, including spiders. This will give a team function while also allowing Wes players to show off their mad kiting skillz, which is honestly why you probably play him in the first place.

Let non-Wes players pop his balloons to gain sanity, giving him a way to essentially transfer his own sanity to his teammates. Another team utility that doesn't make him any easier to play.

^

Wes only truely works in Singleplayer as a Challenge Character,
In Multiplayer a Challenge Character is more of a nuisance to others than anything else.
Giving him perks only benefiting the Team instead of him would make Wes more welcome in a team than whatever state he's at at the moment, and let's be honest, those "challenge" perks aren't even really challenging. You need to just get used to them and you wont even notice that you play a worse wilson

Archived