Wendy/Abigail rework

I'm not sure what would make a good buff for her rework, but as something to help balance it out it'd be interesting if Wendy had her own negative aura. As she is always being dark and edgy, it would kinda make sense and would make for more dynamic co-op gameplay. Add this with some extra bonus to Abigail or something and it could help her stay balanced.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:34 PM, Pop Guy said:

Personally I play Wendy like this thanks to a careful and meticulous work of modding and she's perfect: Abigail can finally protect her effectively from any "small" threat of the game and help her in a concrete way against the bosses, without being able to defeat them exclusively by herself.

Which mod do you use for her? I don't play her that much in DST and when I do I play vanilla so it might be cool to hear your input on that.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Which mod do you use for her? I don't play her that much in DST and when I do I play vanilla so it might be cool to hear your input on that.

The mods are basically two: Flexible Abigail and Tweak Abigail.
The first one does something very simple: if you hit Abigail to send she away, the flower allows you to recall she immediately. Very useful and intelligent.
The second one is a bit more complicated: it allows you to put Abigail in "hostile" mode (where it will behave as it normally does in the basic game) or "peaceful" (where it will do no harm to any creature EVEN if they attack Wendy. In this mode Abigail will also tend to distance you from enemies).
Not only: the mod allows you to change every Abigail parameter, and adapt it to your needs. I worked hard to make Abigail strong enough BUT not broken. It wasn't easy, I did several tests, but in the end I think I made she perfect:
Life must be set at 200% 
Damage must be set to 200% 
The damage area should be set to 150%
The damage to players I suggest you keep it 100% in case of PVP, otherwise the other players are too disadvantaged.
The movement must be set to 130%
Regeneration when Abigail is peaceful must be 10 (so putting her in peace also has the function of making her recover more life)
Regeneration when Abigail is hostile must be 5
Armor at 0%. Absolutely.
All the rest leave it to original as well (evocation time, mental health penalty upon evocation, etc.)
I advise you to keep your eyes red = hostile; white eyes = peaceful to understand the mode in which she is found.
In this way Abigail is able to tank in bosses, but she is not able to kill anyone without the support of Wendy (not even at night, not even the Goose who is the weakest). However, she will give a HUGE hand: it is basically a tank that will take a lot of beating, for you.
To make the experience even more fun, I suggest you also install The Forge Battle Pack: add lots of perfect items to support Abigail (the stirrup of life, the crystal tiara, etc. etc.) as well as, above all, a garment that the which increases the damage of his companions BUT does not give protection to Wendy.
These three mods as a whole make Wendy's gameplay unique, wholly revolving about how to make the most of her and her twin. How it should be ;)

5cb20aa1ee9c6_Schermata2019-03-20alle10_54_17.thumb.png.759851f936130bb745d8b2b2ef253801.png

First off, i will say i want Abby to be buffed but a lot of people have talked about that so ill do something different. I think Wendy Should be Able to Revive People With Abby's Flower. if another player is nearby, they get revived (only one) similar to how wartox heals people in a specific range with souls. If they're not nearby, then Abby is summoned instead. This would mean making multiple Flowers a little more useful and would make Wendy a good team supporter. When they get revived with the flower, it could be sorta like the life giving amulet in not a HP penalty (since you have to wait a few days for the flower). Maybe when the flower is placed down, it emanates a small aura that damages enemies or maybe gives a slight speed boost when your in it. i dont know but right now most people will say, Wendy isnt as favorable on a team as say Overpowered old hag wickerbottom, Overpowered builder winona, epic Teleporting wartox, hungry pig Wolfgang blah blah. i basically play Wendy only and i love how she acts and what she says when she examines glommer... but i would really like her to be better, the negative damage multiplier is a huge downside by itself.

Also I think that the idea of having Abby able to haunt things is pretty epic, shes a ghost!

I still think abagale should be able to haunt things. Like, you just right click something with the flower or whatever and she haunts it, would give wendy access to things that only dead players have access to, and at almost any time, sounds quite good to me. having her be more controllable and what not would also be pretty good, but I mainly want abagale hauntings.

What if Wendy gained sanity instead of loosing it when around dark flowers or perhaps certain things. This would also mean she loses sanity from normally good things like glommer and maybe even clothing to balance it out sorta. Whenever you examine things with Wendy, she typically likes the more evil things more than the good things so this would make sense. Dark flowers give her small sanity boost while normal flowers slightly reduce her sanity. This could make Wendy into a more sanity-based character and would have to  manage it more that others as she could lose sanity very easily from say rain and the only way to get it back is to do these dark and evil things. it would make Wendy a walking bee queen hat. Also the bee queen hat would make it so that her sanity is normal like everyone else. This could be used to make sanity regen farms for wendy like with dark flowers. This could also mean that wendy could lose sanity in the day time or something. She could lose sanity at day and lose none at night, making it so that she is comfortable in the dark like her description says and uncomfortable in the day.

2 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Personally in addition to my previous comment from a couple months back, I think Klei should change Wendy's examine quote for glommer, Someone needs to remind Wendy that she shouldn't be telling the cute and adorable glommer buddy to "die". :(

But he will die. Many, many times - a krampus sack doesn't farm itself. :wilsoalmostangelic:

I'm on the "I like Wendy as is" train. Being able to toggle between passive & aggressive (it's Wendy, she is passive aggressive) would be all I'd ask for. I'm certainly curious as to what Klei will do with her rework, considering I find her balanced. If her flower becomes equippable for whatever reason, I called it.

1 minute ago, Terra M Welch said:

No, a true krampus sack farmer slaughters stupid birds with boomerangs, GLOMMER MUST NOT BE HARMED!

He lives a nice life before the slaughter. A whole 20 days in his own pen, with his own little box. A sign reads "Glommer Sanctuary" right outside his gate. He feels safe and I always make it quick and painless. <3

8 hours ago, Dark Mage1823 said:

What if Wendy gained sanity instead of loosing it when around dark flowers or perhaps certain things. This would also mean she loses sanity from normally good things like glommer and maybe even clothing to balance it out sorta. Whenever you examine things with Wendy, she typically likes the more evil things more than the good things so this would make sense. Dark flowers give her small sanity boost while normal flowers slightly reduce her sanity. This could make Wendy into a more sanity-based character and would have to  manage it more that others as she could lose sanity very easily from say rain and the only way to get it back is to do these dark and evil things. it would make Wendy a walking bee queen hat. Also the bee queen hat would make it so that her sanity is normal like everyone else. This could be used to make sanity regen farms for wendy like with dark flowers. This could also mean that wendy could lose sanity in the day time or something. She could lose sanity at day and lose none at night, making it so that she is comfortable in the dark like her description says and uncomfortable in the day.

While I do agree that some of the dark and evil things could give Wendy a sanity boost, having a sanity drain from most common "good" objects seem like overkill. Just with flowers, you have way, way more regular flowers than evil flowers and it's much easier to reproduce the former than the latter. Managing sanity in the early game sounds like it's going to be a nightmare... no pun intended. I'm just worried that if most "good" things reduce her sanity, Wendy would be rather unplayable in a team setting.

But I would be okay if some "evil" things didn't affect her as much as the rest. I mean, I always found it funny that a character that relies on having the ghost of her dead sister around 24/7 would have a sanity drain due to having player ghosts around.

More control for Abi, maybe some durability or strategic options for her, some way of hastening her return without the current 20 backup sisters exploit.

If Wendy herself needs more utility as per the updates/releases so far, she has themes that can be used. The afterlife, and AoE.
Her sister's a ghost teetering between life and nonexistence, and Wendy is likely to have experimented with ways to bring her back pretty heavily. She's even featured in the early DST cinematics as the one crafting/using the Telltale Heart, an item made for giving a physical form to ghosts. Lean on that.
A couple more revival options for early-mid-game, to increase the accessibility for newer players.
Ability to befriend wild ghosts, or revive skeletons, for more a low tier crowd control option.
Abigail ability that sends out a large area low damage burst, mainly for gaining aggro but also useful for small creature slaughtering.

Maybe something involving ghost mechanics in general could be looked into. Like...not just Abigail. Ways for Wendy to make use of player ghosts, that could also work on Abigail. She's the one with experience in working with ghosts, after all; she's probably had a few ideas after all this time.
Larger light radius, with the downside of a sanity drain aura.
Elemental Haunting effects, or in Abi's case, adding the effect to her attacks.
Ect.

Just throwing out a few basic concepts. There's a lot you could do with the duo. I favor ideas that work well with Abi and her current tactics, but also create usage cases elsewhere.

Ive had the idea for Abby having a constant sanity drain but many people kept telling me that it was "a garbage change" and its not necessary. Personally i think abby should have a very small sanity drain which will basically make wendy lose sanity basically the same as a regular character at dusk or night. however this means wendy loses sanity during the day. And what i said about wendy gaining sanity from bad things is good because abby should be able to haunt things such as flowers and turn them into evil flowers (possibly having a less chance to do so than a regular dead person). Abigails flower should be able to revive dead players like summoning abigail and that makes crafting multiple flowers more useful instead of having it there in case you lose abbys flower. Additionally abigail should be able to come randomly and assist wendy sometimes at dusk or night sometimes. the flower could have a much longer recharge or perhaps you must kill things with abigail to keep her permanently although i dont really care if this is a thing. Abby should also have a bigger AOE attack and be able to stun enemies easier or perhaps do slightly more damage. Abby should also have possibly 1200 hp or more, there is a really useful mod which simply buffs abigail this way and it makes a huge differance. Abby should again, be slightly faster. one thing i want to add is abby should be able to be kept within her flower if one force attacks abby and kills her in one hit. This means you can store abby in the flower and move around and place down the flower and immediately summon abigail in a combat scenario. this makes navigating areas where one would not want to aggro mobs like the ruins or the swamp, much more safer for abigail. Tell me what you guys think? i just want wendy to be as fun and unique as every other character, but whats to say she doesnt need anything new when other characters get good changes too?

personally i think the abigial should have much more interactions with Wendy like wendy being able to contribute her health to buff abigial for a short period of time, i like Wendy as she is right now because she if practically perfectly balanced and abigial and her damage debuff makes her adopt a new play style but with the addition of new characters working together it kinda makes it hard to play as wendy when you got a tank wigfrid and webber who could provide her tasks as tank for hordes and spider farmer.

basically i want Wendy to much more rely on abigials brute force and be able to buff her for a heath or increase her damage by giving herself sanity drain, this way it still provides her unique playstyle but gives her enough power to compete with webber and wigfrid

Archived