wilson rework?

I think Wilson should be able to use his beard such as of cut grass. Not only that, he should be able to sleep on his beard when he reaches the maximum size. And the beard should also protect it from the heat and absorb at least 70% of the rain.
I also believe he should be able to trade beard hair for gold with the pig king and use them in place of life to build Telltale Heart.

WILSON CAN.

its hard to tell what wilson is skilled in actually, because i only see him as an unsuccesful scientist; even wickerbottom is more science-y than him. maybe he can make some experiments with living beings and nightmare fuel, since making experiments seems to be his thing, and thats what i imagine most new players will assume hes skilled with because of the very first DS trailer

7 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

as far, I've heard about some players want him to have a portable science machine, but not much else.

That would be just an almost 1:1 copy of Wickerbottom's ability.

I'd like to see some Wilson-Specific items which need to be craftet with Beard Hair, for example Improved Healing Salve, a Telltale Heart which doesn't reduce Max Health (because other players suggest to make him the healer like in The Forge), a Beard Hair Bed Roll, etc.; that could refresh his main ability a bit.

Another way to improve Wilson would be to increase the cons of other characters.

At the beginning in DS he was the only one who could craft Meat Effigys, later on with the introduction of overheating in summer his beard started to give disadvantages, in SW his beard lost another usage because SW doesn't contain freezing, only overheating and now in DST he's almost useless because there's always a character who does something better than Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Another way to improve Wilson would be to increase the cons of other characters.

will only make him better when compared to others. (won't actually make him better, just better than the others)

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I'd like to see some Wilson-Specific items which need to be craftet with Beard Hair, for example Improved Healing Salve, a Telltale Heart which doesn't reduce Max Health (because other players suggest to make him the healer like in The Forge), a Beard Hair Bed Roll, etc.; that could refresh his main ability a bit.

he also states he can make amputations and such(I think its a quote in shipwrecked)

11 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

Wilson doesn't need a rework.

if your only incentive to rework a character is to add fun gimmicks and not to solve an issue, then there is no need for a rework.

the issue is character balance. if he doesnt get reworked he'll be the new wes in open worlds

17 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

he also states he can make amputations and such(I think its a quote in shipwrecked)

Amputation is also referenced in the description for the Physician's Topcoat
"Have you tried amputating what ails you?" This seems to be a thing with him.

Considering Wilson has revival-based perks in the Forge and a doctor theme for his Gorge skin, they might be giving him abilities based on reviving/healing.

One thing that always bothered me is that Wilson is using a potion on a bird in his character portrait. 

I wanted some mad scientist stuff for him, but Klei already introduced the crafting station on Halloween, so I am out of ideas... 

WHERE IS THE POTION TO MAKE ZOMBIE BIRDS, KLEI!? REEEE! 

They said they start in march with Winona, then they'll do Willow this month. I suppose that all characters will get a refresh.

As I have mentioned before in my thread meant for discussing the ideas for character revamp, Wilson could be a medic with special craftable healing items and with the possibility of reviving the survivors for short time (10-15 seconds?) after they die. After that time would pass they turn into corpses/ghosts.

2 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

the possibility of reviving the survivors for short time (10-15 seconds?) after they die.

I would dislike it if I had to wait 10 seconds till I could use my Life Giving Amulet while a Wilson distracts the enemy. That ability might also be a bit OP since it would be the solution for world hunger as we already saw in The Forge afk games.

2 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I would dislike it if I had to wait 10 seconds till I could use my Life Giving Amulet while a Wilson distracts the enemy. That ability might also be a bit OP since it would be the solution for world hunger as we already saw in The Forge afk games.

I have not mentioned the "states" of character's health that would serve as a solution to this problem. "Weak" state and "recovering" state.

They would in total last 2 days and if character dies in any of these they can't be revived.

Also I don't understand why the amulets won't work instantly if equipped. I don't understand why they changed it.

At first I thought that Wilson was just fine as is, but as others have pointed out he does kind of fall behind compared to the other characters. I like the idea of adding a few more beard hair related items in the game. I don't think they'd even have to be crafted exclusively by him, even if anyone could make them it would be like buffing him indirectly since he's the easiest way to get them. I also like the idea of him having some sort of healing related perks forge style. I had this one idea for a character who when using healing items like the salve or honey poultice, it would heal for twice as much and the use time would be nearly instant, making it easy to use mid combat.

Whatever they do with Wilson though I really, really, hope that he can retain his status as the only character with no explicit downside. I love that aspect of him so if he does get buffs of some sort, I don't want them to be too strong to warrant changing that.

5 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

As I have mentioned before in my thread meant for discussing the ideas for character revamp, Wilson could be a medic with special craftable healing items and with the possibility of reviving the survivors for short time (10-15 seconds?) after they die. After that time would pass they turn into corpses/ghosts.

Maybe it could be simpler, just let him revive players the same way anyone would revive others with a telltale heart, except that he'd need nothing (you get a "revive" clicking sign when mouse over a ghost character) and only loose some health in the process.  No time penalty, or complicated mechanics. It would make him very new player team friendly, which is what he always was sort of meant to be.

6 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

He should be able to sleep on his beard when he reaches the maximum size.

This would be funny and great :wilson_ecstatic: I love this.

I think he just needs little buffs like these and no drawbacks, to keep him simple, new player friendly, and basically a jack of all trades character.

This is a really 'eh' kind of change for Wilson, but one that I think makes sense gameplay and lore-wise, perhaps Wilson could be more perceptive to attacks. So bearger, deerclops, and hound alerts come like half a minute earlier than usual for him. This gives him a total team bonus, albeit a very specific one, and it also helps more inexperienced players prepare more for hound attacks so they can prepare. Just a minor suggestions, idk if it's really worthwhile.

1 minute ago, Catteflyterpill said:

This is a really 'eh' kind of change for Wilson, but one that I think makes sense gameplay and lore-wise, perhaps Wilson could be more perceptive to attacks. So bearger, deerclops, and hound alerts come like half a minute earlier than usual for him. This gives him a total team bonus, albeit a very specific one, and it also helps more inexperienced players prepare more for hound attacks so they can prepare. Just a minor suggestions, idk if it's really worthwhile.

I like it. A typically Wilson's style

i always played wilson because he seem cool to me when i started, even i didn't read what should do the characters so i will happy with anything

But i don't hope to see some changes with wilson's beard because you can get beard hair of bunnymen too, i think we're gonna have new items something like crafts of beard hahaha

Archived