Why the heirloom skin collection schedule merged?

Yes, a small update on March 29th fixed some bugs about Wortox, and a small change to both of the Heirloom and Elegant collection skins collection schedule, which klei didn't seem to mention. Winona is an example.

Now, whether you have an Elegant skin for official sale or buy an Heirloom skin on the steam Community market, the same skin, regardless of its quality, will share the same collection schedule. Next, people will definitely choose the cheap official skin bundle, and anyone can get 100% collection schedule of all the characters. This means that we, the avid skin collectors, spend a lot of time and effort, and the skin we collect from the community market is worthless. The only thing that distinguishes them is an "heirloom" label that doesn't even make a big difference in quality or color?

The presence of these double qualities of skins is a real pain in the neck, they take up a lot of inventory, and there is no difference in the actual cosmetic use. However, we understand that klei needs funds for the development of new content, and selling the skin of each character directly can obtain more sufficient funds. Even if we have the market skin of all characters (Heirloom), we will buy all the official of the skin (Elegant) to support the development of klei.

On the other hand, official skins (Elegant), and market skins (Heirlooms), each occupying a different character collection schedule. An avid skin collector, they will collect double skins for 100% progress, although they are exactly the same, but at least this can make the collection progress to 100%, I think it is a very reasonable setting, for the collector, keep increasing the progress to 100%, this is a very interesting process. At the same time, for ordinary players, they hope to buy the expensive skin in the market for a small amount of money, and the official skin is their best choice. With no skin collecting hobby, the average player tends not to care about the skin collection schedule.

After klei's March 29 update, everything changed.

What are we, avid collectors, paying so much for? We don't collect skins to show off, but really love the game, that's why I did it all. Why did klei choose to hurt the hearts of us players?

I'm a beta gamer, and “Bottomless Pit” is the best symbol. I also have regrets. In 2016, I was absent from work for a long time and missed the “Tragic Torch” at that time. Although klei reopened the puzzle in 2017, the Tragic Torch” is divided into double qualities, loyal and timeless. I've been sad, for a long, long time, to have missed the timeless Tragic Torch. I keep sending emails to klei and posting on Forum, hoping to find a way to get the timeless Tragic Torch again. But the reality tells me, since missed, cannot retrieve. And I accept that.

During theGorge Championship” , I also want to be listed, get bronze icon and background, I and my two best friends together, constantly challenge high score. But we all have to go to work, we can't bear the boring game content for more than 6 hours every day, and the risk of being late for work, when we see our scores are surpassed again and again, so we give up.

Finally, we got a participation prize, a loyal “Icon of Gnaw”. Other than that, I didn't miss any loyal skins. I think this is enough to prove that I am a loyal player.

We sincerely hope that klei can change back the heirloom skin occupation schedule, they are the best proof of our collection players. Although there are double qualities in the current character skins, although they look exactly the same, they are the painstaking efforts and efforts of every player, and it is a long and interesting process for every player to collect them in the market.

Heirloom skin should not be considered the same as elegant skin. Official and market two kinds of skin reach 100% collection progress is complete.

Klei, please don't break our hearts for this, ok? This is just a small wish of those of us who collect skin players, maybe klei won't listen, even won't look. But I have to say this, because I want klei to know that we have these fanatical and loyal players.

what if i tell you that all gorge leaderboard player were cheater. thats why we didnt had a leaderboard in forge 2. so i dont care for the gorge icon and background. if i see a player with them they should better hide it xD btw ive the gorge winner in my steamfriendslist ;)  scoundrels xD

i agree they should change it back that we have now 100% for winona if we buy her chest. im also a collector but i started playing dst 1 year ago. i dint knew the game. i missed a lot of skins which i cant get anymore like the bottomless firepit. its very sad. cause im buying evry skins ingame and i bought for hundreds of euros skins on the market. i still miss a lot skins which i can get. so it was fine that i had 84% for winona after buying her chest. now the 100% feel weird cause i actually didnt collect them. i just bought 1 chest and have now 100%. for the game its better now how it is. but for collectors like you its very sad. i feel with you man 

20 minutes ago, YueShihua said:

Klei, please don't break our hearts for this, ok? This is just a small wish of those of us who collect skin players, maybe klei won't listen, even won't look. But I have to say this, because I want klei to know that we have these fanatical and loyal players.

...dear god. Finally. After all this time I found someone that agreed with me. Nobody ever agree with me about this.

Just so you know... I am out there and I agree with you with my Full heart.

I really want to have 100% Webber. By saying 100%, I mean real 100%. It's cool that it says 100% when you buy the chest because you technically own the whole collection, okay, let it be BUT what about at least 120% when you own all of the Heirlooms for one character, huh? That would look better than it has ever been, more special! ;)

I mean I want the hole collection for Wickerbottom and WX78 but the Guest of Honor skins are way to expensive for me I was lucky to get Guest of Honor Webber when it was for 6 euro but i'm not paying 15 or 20 euro for 1 skin and then Klei will make it hairloom and getting 100% on wicker and wx will be impossible for me all I need for both of them are guest of honor skins and buying the bundle won't give me 100% so yea that would suck and the idea of @StrangeChameleon to add 20% to the players who really have collected everything would make it really nice and they could hide those hairloom skins from the player like the loyal skins or timeless skins could be nice as well.

People shouldn't need to be forced to spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy heirlooms off the market to complete their collections 100%. That's never been the case and in my opinion should never be. A person could get their character to 100% without laying down a cent through random drops and weaving with spool.
The current setup is nice, but for people who do want to be a full completionist, @StrangeChameleon's workaround is a good idea with having percentages push over the 100% limit for those who are willing to lay down the money, or collect everything they need before it becomes heirloom.

I lost my interest in collecting everything with the introduction of the heirloom rarity. I'm simply not going to lay down that much cash for it. For that reason going over 100% would really bug me. Since I already have several elegants & distinguished I would end up with a bunch of whack numbers. Like, 108% for Wes, 118% for Wendy, 112% for Winona, etc. It would be a real eyesore.

It's already annoying enough that I'll have a bunch of empty elegant slots that were once full, but eh.

You know what? I don’t see how you could justify asking Klei to change something to appease a small number of fanatics that want to throw exuberant amounts of money at the community market. Maybe you should think about why you’re really spending so much on skins, because it sounds to me like its a lot less about supporting Klei and a lot more about having the satisfaction of having every single skin and feeling honoured for that, like that's an achievement.

I think the system is fine as is, you want proof you bought a bunch of skins? Here's what you can use:5cb3f244d23fc_Screenshot(1593).png.76c0b1a3bfd3b7a37858eee0ec731e57.png

I feel like they should go for the Gorge Tourney Treatment with Heirlooms, dont show them unless you own one or have some filter to exclude Heirlooms on by default. As for Collection purpose Put Heirlooms and their Elegant respective into the same field, meaning that if you have the Shadow Winona Elegant, you dont need the Shadow Winona Heirloom to get 100% and the otherway around. I ain't all big on collecting stuff, but I know there are people as such.

@AlienMagi Just a number in the main menu.  No, not even that.  Just a number in a sub-screen, buried under another sub-screen.

This whole thing... I just don't understand why people get so wrapped up in conspicuous consumption like this.  It doesn't seem healthy to me.  

Personally, I set my objectives fairly low, and as a result I'm still quite surprised by some of the skins I've been able to obtain.  But that's one of the advantages of setting my target low: I get to pick and choose what I want, and why, and strategize around how to get it.  I can sell expensive rare skins I don't want, and I can wait for the prices to come down for the things I do want, precisely because I don't want everything and right now!  .

I just feel... you can't have everything in life, and if you try to have it all you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Hobbes* and the jelly sandwich and all that.

* the tiger, not the philosopher.

10 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

@AlienMagi Just a number in the main menu.  No, not even that.  Just a number in a sub-screen, buried under another sub-screen.

This whole thing... I just don't understand why people get so wrapped up in conspicuous consumption like this.  It doesn't seem healthy to me.  

Personally, I set my objectives fairly low, and as a result I'm still quite surprised by some of the skins I've been able to obtain.  But that's one of the advantages of setting my target low: I get to pick and choose what I want, and why, and strategize around how to get it.  I can sell expensive rare skins I don't want, and I can wait for the prices to come down for the things I do want, precisely because I don't want everything and right now!  .

I just feel... you can't have everything in life, and if you try to have it all you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Hobbes* and the jelly sandwich and all that.

* the tiger, not the philosopher.

You may not understand, and neither do I, but some people get a lot of satisfaction from "just a number". Collectors love to have it all and DST is p. much a good target for a collector because of the large skin collection

12 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

Do you actually get anything for having a 100% collection or is it just a number in the main menu?

its just a number

imo since its a luxury the rightful people to have that percentage are the ones dedicated enough to become whales for that. im with OP on this

On 14/04/2019 at 10:54 PM, Zeklo said:

For that reason going over 100% would really bug me. Since I already have several elegants & distinguished I would end up with a bunch of whack numbers. Like, 108% for Wes, 118% for Wendy, 112% for Winona, etc. It would be a real eyesore.

it could be just 100%+, then 100%++ for the fully complete ones

I can see where people are coming from, as I am also a fan of slowly collecting to completion. But with the introduction of new skins, it's not like anybody's gonna be at 100% for that long. Also, while I might sound rude or abrupt saying this, it seems kind of childish to complain about missing out on timed skins. Yeah it sucks, I didn't get bottomless pit because I switched accounts. Is that fair? Not really, I played the beta and supported Klei. But when it comes down to wanting that skin for my collection or the development of new, cool content for me to explore, my preference is that Klei works on the latter. By a mile. Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Catteflyterpill said:

I can see where people are coming from, as I am also a fan of slowly collecting to completion. But with the introduction of new skins, it's not like anybody's gonna be at 100% for that long. Also, while I might sound rude or abrupt saying this, it seems kind of childish to complain about missing out on timed skins. Yeah it sucks, I didn't get bottomless pit because I switched accounts. Is that fair? Not really, I played the beta and supported Klei. But when it comes down to wanting that skin for my collection or the development of new, cool content for me to explore, my preference is that Klei works on the latter. By a mile. Just my two cents.

its not my fault i didnt knew about dst when it was in early access. ive nearly all skins. the bottomless is the best skin of all firepits. so why should i dont get it? ive played gorge and forge like crazy and i play evry day dst. there are thousands of players which got the skin and they dont even play dst. so isnt is childish from klei that they dont give me all skins. i think i deserve it more then the most. ive invested a big amount of money to buy the game for me and lots my friends. ive bought for hundred of dollars skins on the market. i have all chests which you can buy in the ingame shop. ive 20.000 spools. ive bought winona chest and i will buy all chests which will be released. not only for me but also for my friedns. ive bought like 5-8 deluxe wortox chests and gift them. so yeah nice you call me childish cause ive asked if i could get somehow the bottomless firepit skin ;)

EDIT: btw dst is the first game i ever invested 1 cent for skins. i also have never bought any ingame **** in games.

i got tons of elegant skins in the gorge and at the end i missed only few so i decited its ok to invest some money in dst cause i play it evry day and it cost me only 15€ in a bundle with all ds dlc`s. after that i had tons of spools and all gorge skins. and then i started buying skins on the market to do the trade inn on halloween event. my invest was like 150€ and i got tons of good skins which i could sell on the market. but the prizes dropped very fast and it wasnt a good deal th the end. but its fine

Had a little break from the game and now I've found that my inventory is going to depreciate. This is so unfair :( . I understand that devs want getting all the money for their skins, but I feel like I'm robbed. I spent enough money in trading market to buy all the skin sets for 10$ each. 

I think, that Heilroom skins could be unravable for much more spools than now - this will keep them more valuable in trading market and people who spent about 10$ for every character's face will be kinda satisfied. Or maybe not... whatever...

Archived