silly drawings i make

fishermerms from the shipwrecked dlc are pretty interesting to me because they fish but they don’t eat it afterwards. they’re also friendly, but they run away from you and you can’t befriend them. they aren't as feral acting as regular merms and they arent violent.

webber claims them as half human, which is freaky, but expected since they are merms and merms seem to usually be something else before they were merms. 

they even have a language and names for themselves. it’s really odd. people would probably say they don't eat the fish because its cannibalism, but then why would you fish in the first place if you didn't want to eat it? sammy craved fish as he had said in a quote before. maybe if they eat the fish they have a higher chance of turning feral? or at least turn feral faster, if its inevitable? merms drop fish when killed... god i feel so bad for merms Aghdksgdjsg
image0-18.thumb.png.230ccb2f6b0228b3210517490cf94e51.png
but yeah i love these guys, Oh yeah babey!!! glorp glorp babey!!!

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 3

On 5/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, KingOhRats said:

making jerky w/ the drying rack is good for keeping sanity at winter time

I like the technique you did with the snow. With me, I've had trouble with rain and snow effects, so congrats on finding a solution that I've been having a problem with for years.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, KingOhRats said:

this was actually kinda cool to look at after making it, i love beefalo

That is a giant beefalo.:wilson_shocked:

On 5/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, KingOhRats said:

image0-2.thumb.jpg.67e570dbaa96489889ac4dd9a8220153.jpg

Interesting palette for his fur.  Were you inspired by the colors for the concept deer versions?

On 5/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, KingOhRats said:

life giving amulets

Interesting touch with the eye. Kind of different from the gameplay sprite.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, KingOhRats said:

maxwell and his shadow gamers (i notice that his head has a more square shape when he's a playable character then when he's an NPC)

Nice detail of the duelists behind him.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, KingOhRats said:

poison birchnut trees r good

@Szczuku

On 5/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, KingOhRats said:

sammy i dont think that's a good idea... :?

Your merm drawings always have a enhanced quality compared to the others.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, KingOhRats said:

wilson Be CAreful!!!!!!

I have the strangest wanting for Wortox's voice to be like Fat albert in this piece.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 5/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, KingOhRats said:

friend......

The tiny spibber is too cute.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, KingOhRats said:

Pipton: ...
Sammy: At least we... at least... I donno, I got nothing, this is bad news.
my man sammy got mermed :((((

A tragic piece but worth the creation. You should repost all your sammy and pipton pieces in a order that has a semblance of a story(maybe another thread).

1 hour ago, KingOhRats said:

fishermerms from the shipwrecked dlc are pretty interesting to me because they fish but they don’t eat it afterwards. they’re also friendly, but they run away from you and you can’t befriend them.

Another nice merm piece and your comments raise a point. They're probably afraid due to the fact they're scared of other sentient life?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

I like the technique you did with the snow. With me, I've had trouble with rain and snow effects, so congrats on finding a solution that I've been having a problem with for years.

my program has a rain brush that works REALLY good

That is a giant beefalo.:wilson_shocked:

YEAH!!! it is rlly big!!

Interesting palette for his fur.  Were you inspired by the colors for the concept deer versions?

I based the color of their fur on the color of their gills, Sammy and Pipton have different colored gills noticeably and I thought "hey it would be cool if that's what their fur looked like when they were goats". I mean, if Mumsy can have blue fur then it makes sense. 

Interesting touch with the eye. Kind of different from the gameplay sprite.

thanks, i really like doing things like that

Nice detail of the duelists behind him.

The Shadow Gamers :wilson_cool:

Your merm drawings always have a enhanced quality compared to the others.

It do be like that. I guess it's just my favorite thing to draw.

I have the strangest wanting for Wortox's voice to be like Fat albert in this piece.:wilson_ecstatic:

canon

The tiny spibber is too cute.

:wilson_love: yea!!!

A tragic piece but worth the creation. You should repost all your sammy and pipton pieces in a order that has a semblance of a story(maybe another thread).

yeah if i do enough of them i think i might just do a merm thread, it would be fun  

Another nice merm piece and your comments raise a point. They're probably afraid due to the fact they're scared of other sentient life?

avoiding is probably their way of coping with what they are now, in context to them being formerly being human. just an idea

Edited by KingOhRats

They

Like a touch of Junji Ito in that piece. Not sure if you're familiar with this but have you read the manga Portus but I'm getting a similar feeling from it.

50 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

image0-24.thumb.png.2f1816970a8e47e71c823dc31275b5b3.png

Nice choice of inverted colors. It makes Charlie even more menacing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Like a touch of Junji Ito in that piece. Not sure if you're familiar with this but have you read the manga Portus but I'm getting a similar feeling from it.

junji ito is awesome, and i have read portus online but that was a long time ago lol its an interesting manga tho

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Nice choice of inverted colors. It makes Charlie even more menacing.

:wilson_love:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can't tell if Pipton is smiling or if that's his moustache. Subtle touch with the arm and ear mermifying.

he's making an awkward smile, mustache isn't visible because his mouth is too high up whoops.  

thank you!! i love adding details like that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Don't think Pipton's ever been confirmed to be a goat or not but it's an interesting choice.

true, but i always felt it made sense. they seem to have some bond together since pipton seems to worry about sammy a lot. 

there is a possibility that he could be human as well considering the line mumsy said which was "Another of your kind passed through here once.", i really like this line for other reasons because it means other people have went through this before the player characters and that's just a fun thought. 

but still, the bond feels strong to me. i have a feeling they both were goat residents who hanged out a lot and where either trying to figure out another way to escape and got caught or just failed to please the gnaw in time.

that's personally why i think they were both goats. 

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

waking up from the touch stone

wilson_lunancy.gif.643d3c7fa5c9687a32508His expression reminds me of the new Lunacy animation.

2 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

x marks the spot

My favorite detail is the emphasis of detail on the bones. Also, pretty funny touch with it being inches towards poison.

ghosts

brightmare_gestalt.png.78b83f49a992afc04The details on them remind me of the new Gesalts. Nice work emphasizing the creepiness of the Constant.

29 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

don’t cry pipton, im sure they’re all in a better place

wow! You outdid yourself on details, shading, and just concept. Nice work!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

wilson_lunancy.gif.643d3c7fa5c9687a32508His expression reminds me of the new Lunacy animation.

ohhh i love that animation :o

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

My favorite detail is the emphasis of detail on the bones. Also, pretty funny touch with it being inches towards poison.

whenever something good happens to wilson it has to be immediately followed by something bad happening

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

brightmare_gestalt.png.78b83f49a992afc04The details on them remind me of the new Gesalts. Nice work emphasizing the creepiness of the Constant.

ohh those look cool, interesting.

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

wow! You outdid yourself on details, shading, and just concept. Nice work!

thank you!!! it's so fun making stuff like this.

• Like 1