silly drawings i make

1 hour ago, KingOhRats said:

low sanity timeimage0-3.thumb.png.99d8072e43a02c065b89c44be4864257.png

Probably would be even creepier if you added blurred text behind him to represent whispers like in the game. Nice work with the eyes. I've done a few drawings of hands creeping over Wilson in the past, always a good combo for DS art.

11 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

abigailimage0-4.thumb.png.3aae0c2e651d86943e8172e7552e73a2.png

Interesting gradients. This piece looks like it has lomography. with the way you edited it/

Sarah McLoughlin intesifiezes.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Probably would be even creepier if you added blurred text behind him to represent whispers like in the game. Nice work with the eyes. I've done a few drawings of hands creeping over Wilson in the past, always a good combo for DS art.

Thank you! Text wasn't on the mind when I made this, but you are right, it would have been creepier. I think I like to draw eyes with pupils instead of eyes without them because they can convey more emotion. 

Interesting gradients. This piece looks like it has lomography. with the way you edited it.

that's awesome! thank you!

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Are you familiar with the online game Shift? This has a similar aesthetic to that. Did you copy paste the hands when you made this interesting piece?

i've played games and others like it before yeah. the hands weren't copied and pasted, you can tell by the fingers and length

• Like 1

im actually really proud of this one, i worked on it for a few hours. here's victorian wilson succumbing to the plague of the gnaw and losing his marbles. i loved doing this.
(spoilered because of body horror and mild blood)

Spoiler

image0-6.png
it's 80% likely all that will be left is primal fear and feral rage 
or more like 100% considering how he's taking it

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2

kinda screwed up the arms on this one but other then that im pretty proud of it

wilson isn't himself today 
(again spoilered for body horror and mild blood but both are less apparent)

Spoiler

image0-12.thumb.png.73c44efabf3f0587f4618a7e48655f39.png
he doesn't want to forget anyone, he doesn't want to lose himself. 

nothing lasts forever though

• Like 2

You were really busy I see.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 5/1/2019 at 2:11 AM, KingOhRats said:

im actually really proud of this one, i worked on it for a few hours. here's victorian wilson succumbing to the plague of the gnaw and losing his marbles. i loved doing this.

Probably one of your best pieces. You're stepping out of your comfort zone and adding subtle details. You've really gotten better in such a fast amount of time!

On 5/1/2019 at 7:31 PM, KingOhRats said:

valhalla awaits!

Did you use mirroring on Deerclops's design?

On 5/1/2019 at 8:10 PM, KingOhRats said:

warly be like

How did you do Warly's hair? It looks like you made one layer or image in one tab and cut the shapes out to place it on another image.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, KingOhRats said:

i like how willow looks in the image for the willow refresh info forum post

I like the subtle little tear dangling down her cheek. It's kind of hidden in front of the massive explosion of fire.

20 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

kinda screwed up the arms on this one but other then that im pretty proud of it

You're really having fun with the mermification art. Especially with the textures and funny faces. The wonky eye on the right got a chuckle out of me.

1 hour ago, KingOhRats said:

Wilson that’s a Varg you gonna get eated

The varg here has a gorilla like mouth. It fits since the Varg is already oddly designed.

23 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

mandrakes are obnoxious

Wilson needs more sleep.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Probably one of your best pieces. You're stepping out of your comfort zone and adding subtle details. You've really gotten better in such a fast amount of time!

this is really great to hear :love_heart: thank you.

33 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Did you use mirroring on Deerclops's design?

i copy and pasted the arms but the head looks like that cuz of shape tool mostly

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

How did you do Warly's hair? It looks like you made one layer or image in one tab and cut the shapes out to place it on another image.

drew grey hair and then scribbled black onto it.

35 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I like the subtle little tear dangling down her cheek. It's kind of hidden in front of the massive explosion of fire.

yeah true lol, very bright explosion

36 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You're really having fun with the mermification art. Especially with the textures and funny faces. The wonky eye on the right got a chuckle out of me.

merms are incredibly fun to draw, i just love everything about the concept that these dumb, violent, and animalistic creatures were once human. its very disturbing and i love that a lot. the gorge's lore felt like it was created specifically for me lmao. it's all just so fun to play around with. also sammy and pipton being able to hold onto themselves adds another weird, creepy layer. like, what makes the people who try to hang on let go? theres a lot im unpacking rn about why i like all this lmao.

The varg here has a gorilla like mouth. It fits since the Varg is already oddly designed.

vargs are very funny and evil and i love them

Wilson needs more sleep.:wilson_ecstatic:

merp! merp! merp!

• Like 1

i think i worked on this one a few days ago too, its another merm thing, i was always tinkering with it and i think i finally got something i thought "ok that looks neat" 

(spoilered for a lot of blood and minor gore, probably the most bloody thing i've drawn for the dont starve universe thus far?)

Spoiler

image0-21.thumb.png.57a62f933ede076e59a515fa14a71326.png
"a- at least he seems happier now?" 
"he just killed someone, dude." 

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2