silly drawings i make

i just can't help but sigh. 
i think about all the citizens who have since vanished, or perished.
on the bright side, the ones who vanished won't remember all this.
image0-10.thumb.png.3796a39ae7ee1a479894193afbfdc253.png
surprise.... theres a little something special at the bottom!!!!!

Spoiler

image0-11.thumb.png.6d18b77009ca8969112960c1536c5e44.png
thanks everyone so much for all the support!! i find it kinda interesting how i started from drawing dont starve because i liked the new wortox character to getting really into the lore of an event i never even got the chance to play! (and probably wont be able to for a very long time since they aren't planning on bringing back events this year) 

goat is just a goat citizen. nothing too special about him. but heres an image of him only anyway!
image0-12.thumb.png.27ddfdb51dc8cc5aff02c9599e591058.png
thanks everyone :love_heart::love_heart:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

guardian's horn

There's something sad to this piece. My gamplay with doro was way more sillier than this piece shows.

5 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

woah mama look at all those spitters

This is either a image for a copypasta or a comedic image. I would love hearing Homesar's voice going "HEY GOIIIS".

4 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

charlie can't touch this

Wilson needs MC Hammer pants.:wilson_sneaky:

1 hour ago, KingOhRats said:
  1. i just can't help but sigh. i think about all the citizens who have since vanished, or perished.on the bright side, the ones who vanished won't remember all this.
  2. surprise.... theres a little something special at the bottom!!!!!image0-11.thumb.png.6d18b77009ca8969112960c1536c5e44.png
  3. goat is just a goat citizen. nothing too special about him. but heres an image of him only anyway!image0-12.thumb.png.27ddfdb51dc8cc5aff02c9599e591058.png
  1. That's a beautiful art! Nice work using shilouettes, I can recognize the buildings but you can tell there's more to the town.
  2. Wortox wasn't betrayed, you still draw him.:wilson_ecstatic:
    Geez, look at his face. The bile in his face with hatred.
    Is that the merm in your new avatar?
  3. I have a goat character too, called "Dumbella".5b9770af3b0cd_Dumbellathetrapgoat.thumb.png.2cd339658fc39542cd5e5cdd080e7e1f.png
    My father's a goat too:5cb7ddfe34503_Ottothegoatfather.thumb.png.a0b21dcaff8022b0f9973e45806c7cdd.png
Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

This is either a image for a copypasta or a comedic image. I would love hearing Homesar's voice going "HEY GOIIIS".

i love that, homestar runner, as well as flash cartoons in general, were always an inspiration for how i drew, so its really cool to see people referencing stuff like that. :D

Wilson needs MC Hammer pants.:wilson_sneaky:

:wilson_laugh: 

1. That's a beautiful art! Nice work using shilouettes, I can recognize the buildings but you can tell there's more to the town.
  2. Wortox wasn't betrayed, you still draw him.:wilson_ecstatic:
    Geez, look at his face. The bile in his face with hatred.
    Is that the merm in your new avatar?
  3. I have a goat character too, called "Dumbella".5b9770af3b0cd_Dumbellathetrapgoat.thumb.png.2cd339658fc39542cd5e5cdd080e7e1f.png
    My father's a goat too:5cb7ddfe34503_Ottothegoatfather.thumb.png.a0b21dcaff8022b0f9973e45806c7cdd.png

1. thank you so much!!! im really glad you liked this. :wilson_love:
2. true, i do still draw him, he just doesn't take up the spotlight as much as the gorge does now lol. 
wasn't my intention, but they do have a very similar color palette, and they are even drawn with the same chalky brush. i like to think the merm in my icon is chillin in the constant rn. but idk it could be him lol.
u probably already know this but for those who don't, the merm in my icon appears in the background of my most recent sammy and pipton drawing. he's just in the background kinda just like "what is going on" hes just clueless rn he has NO idea what is happening with anything.

3. i really love your art. :love_heart:  you do things pretty spot on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:
  1. u probably already know this but for those who don't, the merm in my icon appears in the background of my most recent sammy and pipton drawing. he's just in the background kinda just like "what is going on" hes just clueless rn he has NO idea what is happening with anything.
  2. 3. i really love your art. :love_heart:  you do things pretty spot on.
  1. I didn't even notice that detail.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Thanks bud. I only posted my art as a example, not to show off but thanks for your thoughts.:wilson_goodjob:
  • Like 1

gnaw: (SNAP) yep, this is going into my merm compilation
(normal and blurry versions)
image0-3.thumb.png.e8686f2cc3bde22497bf44a366168d27.png
image0-4.thumb.png.2b5ce78610c74a9ba945a2b85fa5333a.png
(another body horror sketch w/ a goat down below)

Spoiler

test sketch, trying to get the hang of drawing mermed goats cuz im still not super used to drawing goats. kinda thinking it would be a little creepy if the horns reverted back into their head.
A47BA4B6-1392-465E-9911-19FFD3B4B796.jpeg
he should probably go full on swamp pig elder and put some bandages on his head. 

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 3

sorry pigeon, gonna have to kill u for meat scraps
image0-14.thumb.png.3e40de925a6282bd81232f3107718e76.png
no background version if its too distracting and color clashing (it might just be me but sometimes the backgrounds make my eyes look everywhere)
image0-15.thumb.png.bf028669bfa25a92d37612a3492ac0da.png
bunch of stuff down below

Spoiler

drew an angry merm face 
image0-5.thumb.png.db53cda0328af7783f2d08bb36ea7ecb.png
and also I drew like, a merm version of SCP-527 twice? i was really bored and i thought it would look neat. 
SCP-527 is basically just a regular guy with a fish head for a head. He comes from Dr. Wondertainment, who is a manufacturer of anomalous / magical children's toys. Basically the article is really short and the whole joke is that he's really upset that all there is to him is that he's just the guy with a fish for a head. He comes from a line called the Little Misters which are basically all anomalous humanoids with strange abilities that are advertised as collectables. But yeah, this was just kinda fun.
image1.thumb.png.a41def3004a95e35278a1b56eeda934d.png
image0-16.png

EDIT: transparent version with a few minor changes. (just a bit of detail on the teeth and i colored in the little moles/warts)
image0-18.thumb.png.43ea0e9684649270c6e3993b4d23f476.png

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, KingOhRats said:

venom gland

I can see why he's cringing, I'm sure that it'd smell terrible.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, KingOhRats said:

in the mant hill

Nice detail on the lamp.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, KingOhRats said:

gnaw: (SNAP) yep, this is going into my merm compilation

Interesting view. I'm sure if anyone was being transformed, this would be their perspective.

8 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

got some blubber

The blank look on Wilson's face makes it look like he's both desensitized and acting like this is just another day.

6 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

hmm, thats not fun

Nice snow effects. Kind of random but still fun.

5 hours ago, KingOhRats said:
  1. image0-14.thumb.png.3e40de925a6282bd81232f3107718e76.png
  2. image0-16.png
  1. Maybe it's just me but it looks like Wilson's about to stab someone with a pigeon.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. image.thumb.png.e0fa7bb0d19cdc5fc83436840d2ab25b.pngI'm getting Mind My Gap vibes with this piece. The way the mayor is halfway in the water reminds me of the priest in the series. His outfit is adorable, reminds me of a puppy dressed up.
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can see why he's cringing, I'm sure that it'd smell terrible.

yeah, it doesn't look pretty at all

Nice detail on the lamp.

:wilson_love:

Interesting view. I'm sure if anyone was being transformed, this would be their perspective.

i can't imagine how hopeless it would feel to just look up and just see that. as an entity, the gnaw is rlly creepy.

The blank look on Wilson's face makes it look like he's both desensitized and acting like this is just another day.

wilson has to deal with a lot of stuff :wilson_laugh:

Nice snow effects. Kind of random but still fun.

thank you! i made this while bored so thats why its kinda random.

1. Maybe it's just me but it looks like Wilson's about to stab someone with a pigeon.:wilson_ecstatic:
2. I'm getting Mind My Gap vibes with this piece. The way the mayor is halfway in the water reminds me of the priest in the series. His outfit is adorable, reminds me of a puppy dressed up.

1. :wilson_ecstatic: i don't think you're the only one
2. i think clothing placed on any merm looks really cute tbh. sammy and pipton are the only examples we rlly have tho.

thank you! :love_heart:

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Thanks 1

wilson i know you are desperate but i dont think giving the gnaw a burnt meal will help at all
image0-22.thumb.png.b7aa1f7dcce071d0340afc1806cf6340.png
little extra thing below

Spoiler

just a small, messy sketch of sammy. was drawn for a meme that i might post to maxwell memes later but here's an unmemed version
image1-1.thumb.png.948bdd4e7808db5dfa4f66c8cc9dccc5.png 
he either forgot something, or is just really confused about something. 

Those last two seem to be following each other... But that image of behind Wilson's head seems to imply the start of a story.

all three are telling the story of wilson just losing All That Sanity, nothing more or less rlly

• Like 3