Stronger Late-game Hound Attacks

3 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

i hear this often from players that they dont use some items like eyebrella and toothtraps cause they think it makes the game to easy. but if i ask these players then which bosses they have killed they often say only deerclops and bearger.

so i dont know... these items make the early game easier. they need to be used so you can do some late game content.

but dst has no goal then survivng. so evryone can play how he likes...

if long term players are skilled enough to not depend on eyebrella or toothtraps, then I'm sure they've slain much worse than deerclops and bearger so you probably made that up.

44 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

if long term players are skilled enough to not depend on eyebrella or toothtraps, then I'm sure they've slain much worse than deerclops and bearger so you probably made that up.

no my friedn ive never seen a good player doing this. its always from players who arent good. why should you use an umbrella and helmet instead of eyebrealla and cane. the challenge is just you cant use your cane. for me thats no challenge. its just annoying

i just had the idea the vargs could have wings so they fly over fossils and endtables. but then i thought they could just add the bats from hamlet. getting big mixed waves of dogs and bats after day 100. and maybe some poisened snakes just for fun xD

If hound waves were to become more challenging a way to delay it without having to actually fight them would be nice as well. Something similar to the volcano shrine in Shipwrecked but with hounds would be excellent. A chocolate fountain or something that delays hounds depending on how much food is sacrificed to it? (Or something else)

On 4/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, ButterStuffed said:

If hound waves were to become more challenging a way to delay it without having to actually fight them would be nice as well. Something similar to the volcano shrine in Shipwrecked but with hounds would be excellent. A chocolate fountain or something that delays hounds depending on how much food is sacrificed to it? (Or something else)

How's about something like a large hound den? 

Like, think of the pet den, but much larger.

It'd have an oversized Varg (or maybe a new Hound type) inside, and the den/cave is surrounded by bones and meat scraps.
Keep giving it food to appease it, and it'll hold off on sending much harder hound waves/waves in general.
Appease the beast if I must say so.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180201144004

If you wanted to make use of it you would need to live near it, so I imagine that it would become the one place everyone would base by (which is rather boring) considering food is not a problem late-game either, the late game would just become easier, unfortunately.

Rare gem hounds?

They would not have the same change of drooping the gem, that would be op.

Orange hound: has the power of teleporting to the player time to time similar to the spider warrior's leap attack but ignoring barriers. (HP of an normal hound)

The green hound:Upon death he would deconstruct items in  a small radius, but not drooping 100% of the materials, that would include tooth traps.(HP of an normal hound)

Yellow hound: He is a living flash bang that upon death would cause the nearby players an similar effect of being on the oasis desert sandstorm.(HP of an ice hound)  

Purple hound: Have damage reflection on some attacks similar to a player with a bone armor.(More HP than a normal hound)

Nice idea, I actually want this in the game now, but wouldn't "flash bang" be a bit overpowered, hounds are literally impossible to kite in the oasis, so to make this a part of normal hound attacks would be crazy.  Other than that, I love the idea, and would love to see red, blue, and maybe purple gem Wargs!

Also, look at this awesome piece of artwork I found (not mine)Hound_and_Howl_Hound_concept_art.thumb.png.66349c32c2f0a6abbdb24c2f004f3762.png

52 minutes ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

hounds are literally impossible to kite in the oasis, so to make this a part of normal hound attacks would be crazy. 

That depends how the effect is implemented, stuff like what is its duration, the radius of effect and the visual effects that comes with it.

I recommend it to be not too unfair, but enough to screw you up if you make poor decisions about how to deal with the incoming hounds.

2 hours ago, Marthan said:

Rare gem hounds?

They would not have the same change of drooping the gem, that would be op.

Orange hound: has the power of teleporting to the player time to time similar to the spider warrior's leap attack but ignoring barriers. (HP of an normal hound)

The green hound:Upon death he would deconstruct items in  a small radius, but not drooping 100% of the materials, that would include tooth traps.(HP of an normal hound)

Yellow hound: He is a living flash bang that upon death would cause the nearby players an similar effect of being on the oasis desert sandstorm.(HP of an ice hound)  

Purple hound: Have damage reflection on some attacks similar to a player with a bone armor.(More HP than a normal hound)

We could need a hound which fires a lightning bolt upon death.

Archived