Maxwell Rework

11 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

it literally takes 1 hit and they don't drop 1 fuel by death

Let me add back on to the first reply and explain for the "Probably not" on dismissing. The shadows are bound to Maxwell's sanity and ehh... you probably don't see the point. Also, just tested and they do drop one fuel on death BY THE MAXWELL WHO SUMMONED THEM.

To rework a character you first need to decide on based on what: to rebalance it within a larger group of characters? To make it easier / difficult to play with him? To make your gameplay more unique? Personally I always choose this last option when I am asked about ideas on how to change a character. Balance and difficulty occur after, in my vision, so if you find that my ideas are poorly "balanced" it is normal: I don't care too much to create balanced things =)

Now, let's analyze the figure of Maxwell: he is, literally, the puppet master... well, such a name leaves room for little interpretation: a puppeteer must use his own puppets, otherwise what kind of puppeteer is he?
I think a player who chooses Maxwell should do everything, and I say EVERYTHING to his followers. Not just the collection of resources and fighting with small enemies.
Maxwell needs more servants from my point of view: a backpack puppet, who brings him the tools. A puppet with a lantern, to illuminate his way. A marathon runner puppet, making him run faster. Etc, etc...
And please: a shadow beef that can be ridden by the shadow duel to increase his life :'D

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

( you know, max has heart problems )

Maxwell is hard survivor. You can eqiup night armor or thulecite suit, they problem no more, but be careful. Do you eqiupped backpack and helm forever while fighting? weird.

I not wanna equip Wigfrid's junk helm.

22 hours ago, Maximum101 said:

Mainly, I want some way to control their movement/what they're doing more as well as a bit of a buff to keep them alive longer.

Why not have it be like, right click?

1 click, move.
2 clicks, dismiss. (small circle away/around whatever you clicked on, action wise.)
Hold, action.

Spoiler

Click 666 times to kill them from any distance.

30 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Wow, how many of these topics are there? My mind is well and truly numbed!

Going off the top of my head, there are rework topics for:

-Max

-Woodie

-Willow

-Wx

-Winona (yup)

-Wortox (also yup)

So theres about 6 atm

More shadow puppets (backpack who will pick up resources on the ground, one who carries lanterns/torches, one who pulls aggro but has tank health and damage resistance, etc.)

A way to disable them without unsummoning shadow puppets (Rezecib's Rebalance allowed Maxwell to click on shadow puppet to toggle them from being active)

Also I don't know how well this would go when put into practice, but lore wise wouldn't it make sense to make him not have to prototype some of the magic items? The items that immediately come to mind are the shadow sword and shadow armor, but that would be way too op. Perhaps allow him to make those using a prestihatitator instead of a shadow manipulator?

I know this was throughly discussed when maxwell was ported into dst, back during the beta, but I want to bring it up again: Shouldn't maxwell have 10 sanity/min instead of tam value? (6.6 i believe).

-"What?? His sanity is fine, Why 10?" Well in DS he had 20, which is too high for multiplayer balance, and let me clarify 6.6 is perfectly fine as it is, but still I always felt that night armor was more of his thing to use, and 10 would completely nullify the drain from the armor, perhaps making it a more interesting thing for him as an every day carry armor during early and mid game (I still do it now with the game as it stands, and the drain is so small that it doesnt matter much, but I'd rather have only the night sanity drain and the sanity drain from hits taken)

Night armor's cost should be reduced as well to make it a more affordable armor in the early game, maybe for everyone to 2 papyrus instead of 3, and the 5 nightmare fuel. Also give Max a special formula he can access once he reaches to shadow manipulator level, in which he can craft night armor for just 6 fuel and 30 health.

And before you reply with "EWW NIGHT ARMOR"...Yes, I know everyone hates the night armor, but perhaps with a cheaper cost and less penalties for him it could become somewhat more popular. And  even if in the long run most maxwell mains (myself included) aim for thul crowns as the basic armor for squishwell,10 sanity/min feels like a  true strong power, specially since with a tam and a scaled armor you can reach a permanent boost similar to DS.

Again I know this is by far the least important side of maxwell, his thing are the puppets, but it is something deep inside I always thought would make more sense about him and had to vent it out regardless.

26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I know this was throughly discussed when maxwell was ported into dst, back during the beta, but I want to bring it up again: Shouldn't maxwell have 10 sanity/min instead of tam value? (6.6 i believe).

-"What?? His sanity is fine, Why 10?" Well in DS he had 20, which is too high for multiplayer balance, and let me clarify 6.6 is perfectly fine as it is, but still I always felt that night armor was more of his thing to use, and 10 would completely nullify the drain from the armor, perhaps making it a more interesting thing for him as an every day carry armor during early and mid game (I still do it now with the game as it stands, and the drain is so small that it doesnt matter much, but I'd rather have only the night sanity drain and the sanity drain from hits taken)

Night armor's cost should be reduced as well to make it a more affordable armor in the early game, maybe for everyone to 2 papyrus and the nightmare fuel, and maybe give Max a special formula he can access once he reaches to manipulator level in which he can craft night armor for 6 fuel and 30 health.

And before you reply with "EWW NIGHT ARMOR"...Yes, I know everyone hates the night armor, but perhaps with a cheaper cost and less penalties for him it could become somewhat more popular. And  even if in the long run most maxwell mains (myself included) aim for thul crowns as the basic armor for squishwell,10 sanity/min feels like a  true strong power, specially since with a tam and a scaled armor you can reach a permanent boost similar to DS.

Again I know this is by far the least important side of maxwell, his thing are the puppets, but it is something deep inside I always thought would make more sense about him and had to vent it out regardless.

I don't think that would be too strong, I think I'd rather like his passive sanity regen being made a little more prominent.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:26 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

*Night armor and Maxwell*

I'm kinda indifferent about buffing his sanity regen for the sake of making the night armor more viable for a specific character. As it is right now though, Maxwell can break even with the night armor's drain by using a simple top hat. And of course using a tam instead will provide a small increase. I don't really see it being too much of a big deal on Maxwell himself.

Now with that said, I feel like the night armor could be a lot better on it's own if it's sanity drain was significantly reduced or maybe even just removed (although it's damage reduction might need to be reduced to 90% in this case). 10/m seems like too much on top of the insanity auras of most monsters, as well as it's sanity drain when you're hit. For anyone other then Max, it's not even worth considering unless you're planning on fighting shadows. It would be nice if it could be moved to more of a mid-late game armor as right now, there's very little mid-tier armors. It's either log suit/football helmet, or thulecite.

On 4/6/2019 at 6:36 AM, NoscopeFelix said:

Build clockwork tame weak hounds. How bou’ da. And new shadow minions.

This only makes sense to me since he WAS the one to initially build the clockworks and WAS the one who initially nurtured the hounds. He makes these kind of quotes when he examines either, so why couldn't he be able to do these sort of things to maybe a lesser extent now. Honestly, I want to see a little bit more out of the clockworks in general because the fixing of broken clockworks was such a great idea, the mechanics set in play now just seem a little janky.

My god if Maxwell just had clockworks added to his codex that would be great, similar to how Winona has the added catapult and spotlight to her tab.

I'm a Maxwell main in DST so I just have to hype the man up. for people those who know the strategy that goes into survival in DST, playing him as main isn't really too bad, I just want him to have more options.

Archived