Moondrake

Long Commutes message is not informative

Madbro    542

Commutes are unavoidable unless you managed to make long-distance logistics semi-auto. So +1 for this.

However sometimes this can be useful, as this is related to productivity of the base.

So my point is, it need a new formula for defining long commutes.

Sasza22    1,879

Current commute notification happens when dupes take above 40% of their time to travel. It seems like a lot but i believe it counts delivery as travel as well.

A dupe carrying something shouldn`t be counted as travel time. The dupe is basically working.

The message shouldn`t appar until above 50%. If the dupes spend more time travelling than doing anything else it`s a problem. Otherwise it`s still managable. Maybe even 60%. At 40% you barely notice that things are slower.

natanstarke    141

Thats why i want a teleporterrrrr :) and reduced cost for transit tubes To have tubes everywhere.

SharraShimada    369

Given, a dupe fetches ressources for storage or for supplying machines, he is walking 99% of the time, and causing the message. 

The problem is, one cant fully automate everything, and dupes will always interfere with sweepers, doing the jobs manually. 

I dont find this message helpful. It pops up, after the problem occured, not in prior. So one cant figure out, whats the cause of hits dupes long traveltimes was in detail. 

Moonshade    25

it might be helpfull if one could select certain dupes that trigger this message a farmer, rancher, researcher, builder or digger for instance the couriours make little sense to make this check on the way it is calculated now at least.