What's your Willow Refresh Wish list?

I want her to light Bernie on fire to follow her around for light, and Bernie will never die from fire damage.

Instead of sanity to determine whether she's warm or not, I'd like her to have a fire meter, similar to Woodie's meter. It fills up when next to a fire of any kind. The larger the fire, the faster the meter fills. The only time Willow can overheat is when the meter is filled and overloads, and her body temperature severely rises. If the meter empties at zero, she will slowly freeze until the meter rises back up to about a third or fourth way full.

21 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I want her to light Bernie on fire to follow her around for light, and Bernie will never die from fire damage.

Instead of sanity to determine whether she's warm or not, I'd like her to have a fire meter, similar to Woodie's meter. It fills up when next to a fire of any kind. The larger the fire, the faster the meter fills. The only time Willow can overheat is when the meter is filled and overloads, and her body temperature severely rises. If the meter empties at zero, she will slowly freeze until the meter rises back up to about a third or fourth way full.

But that means less time around fire ...

4 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I like that idea a lot actually! Maybe Bernie could even act like a Fire Pit that won't spread to flammable objects and could cook food. In a way it would function a lot like a star caller's staff and would make Willow a valuable team asset during Winter, though I'd think that he should lose durability while on fire for balance reasons, but he could still be repaired fairly easily with a sewing kit. And to avoid the current character swapping issue that the current Bernie had, it could be made that he'll only walk around and follow actual Willow's. It's her teddy bear after all.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:21 PM, Pop Guy said:

But if, finally, Willow could even build "fiery" versions of the basic weapons?
Nothing particularly convoluted or complex: it would be enough to add a single tab for her, the "toys" tab. Here, combining each basic weapon of the game with a red gem can create an identical variant but with a reddish iridescence, with the same BUT features that inflict fire on enemies.

This is an awesome concept. I would add a "charge" mechanic to the fiery weapons so Willow and other players have a visual reference. She could even have some lines of text related to that.

The warmer the weapon gets the more dmg it deals but also the higher the risk to hurting Herself with fire.

That would be cool cuz she is not gonna affect other stuff around her. It would be more like an insane burning wave causing hp dmg to her only or the person using the weapon. 

Her fiery weapons overheat the person using it but then Willow should have overheat immunity anyways, which by default makes her the best character to use the fiery weapons the first place. 

The weapons will cool down if not used and the charging effect could start again. That could make a great tactical advantage to switch between different weapons to utilize the charge strategically or simply take the hp heat dmg and heal it up. 

Her fiery weapons could even be fireproof in spring... Something we already see in SW and obsidian weapons and a great feature for Willow to be the master assassin in that season. 

- putting out flames immediately at the cost of sanity is a great feature for fire control. She could even put out lasting fires that other characters can't. 

- Innate fire fuel efficiency. A great multi-player feature. Maybe even an exclusive campfire with bigger radius. 

- braziers that can work along roads. If she fuels them they could last lit day and night for 3 days straight. Other characters only half the time or maybe just a day. That would make her a great character and ally in all seasons. And it's obviously a great reason to play her if you like the braziers as deco. 

- overheating immunity. Clearly a must and it doesn't really affect other players so why the hell not. 

- I think fire immunity is a touchy subject for the devastating effects fire can have in dst. Overheating resistance might be the best way to go or even a couple of seconds of fire immunity but that's about it. 

Maybe give her an aura that prevents enemies killed by burning to drop ash.

Y'know Willow's fire obsession got turned into a kind of power in the Constant, just like Wicker's books. Enemies in maybe 3/4 tiles radious for Willow won't drop ash when killed by fire.

Just my few points:

Willow's lighter should be improvable on both short and long-term basis.

For example, it would have 3 modes: Economy (small light radius as it is), Normal (regular torch radius) and Advanced (lantern radius). Each mode has its own drainage multiplier (for example, 1, 1.33 and 1.66 accordingly).

Lighter can be refueled with all light sources in the game (fireflies, light bulbs, small and normal glow berries, spores), however, it should also have its own - butter (seems logical to me) and maybe butterflies/flowers too.This way it would be superior to lanterns/miner's hats/Moggles as it wouldn't require players to go down to caves periodically.

Lighters capacity can also be upgraded with some item made of gears, doodad and light-related item, with the latest stage being of 10-12 times lantern/miner hat capacity. That would finally bring long-desired feature "fuel it once a lot and forget about refueling it for a long time".

At any stage lighter can be attached to a rope, essentially turning it into a headlight that can be equipped the way miner hat is. This way it loses ability to cook stuff on itself but retains everything else. It can be turned back to handheld version by using razor to cut the rope.

Willow is the best character in the game so who cares

I am pretty confident whatever Klei has in store is gonna be good, definitely better than right now. It's just gonna give people a reason to play Willow other than uh..

Only idea I could think of is her lighter being refuelable and maybe provide a better light radius.

Right now, the only reasons to play Willow are if you are a NoOb or uh..

The only reason I ever play Willow is because uh..

When playing her I normally use a lantern rather than the lighter.

also Bernie is useless in his current state

I have good expectations!

Current Willow is one of the better nightmare fuel farmers, low base sanity means it’s easier to transition between being sane and insane. Multiple fires let her become sane fast, and incorporating beardlings means you can gradually increase the number of Bernies, making it very safe for her and the team as a whole.

But as of now, I mainly use her as a Wilson with some convenience.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Y'know Willow's fire obsession got turned into a kind of power in the Constant, just like Wicker's books. Enemies in maybe 3/4 tiles radious for Willow won't drop ash when killed by fire.

I'm sorry but how the idea of her enemies not dropping ash makes her a better character? Ash disappears on its own... 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I'm sorry but how the idea of her enemies not dropping ash makes her a better character? Ash disappears on its own... 

I think they mean dropped items won't turn to ash, and instead drop normally from something that dies from a fire.

42 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

But it's fire... Like burning stuff... It's doesn't makes sense to me but ok

This is a game where you can get dairy products from butterflies and that's where you draw the line?

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Did you seriously not get my point?

...enemies die by fire but drop normal loot. Loot doesn't turn into ash 

6 hours ago, Canis said:

This is a game where you can get dairy products from butterflies and that's where you draw the line?

Tbh.. yeah.. It wouldn't fit her character to just magically protect loot from the fire cuz.... reasons?? ... 

She wants to see the whole world burn... 

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Did you seriously not get my point?

...enemies die by fire but drop normal loot. Loot doesn't turn into ash 

That's not what u said

17 hours ago, Szczuku said:

U never mentioned the loot specifically here... Just the enemies... Your phrasing was a bit unclear.. 

3 hours ago, Hell-met said:

reminder that you can carry up to 580 logs on a single character at once.

And how is this related to Willow protecting loot from the fire she is herself causing when we know she is a Firestarter? I think combustion mechanics in the game are pretty logical... 

41 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

1- Tbh.. yeah.. It wouldn't fit her character to just magically protect loot from the fire cuz.... reasons?? …

2- That's not what u said

U never mentioned the loot specifically here... Just the enemies... Your phrasing was a bit unclear.. 

3- And how is this related to Willow protecting loot from the fire she is herself causing when we know she is a Firestarter? I think combustion mechanics in the game are pretty logical... 

Oh boy I love being argumentative at 1 AM. I need sleep, and this isn't a personal attack either. I just like picking apart arguments because im a douchebag when im tired.

1- This is the same character that starts freezing when insane.

2- Mobs never drop an excess of ash when burned to death, they always dropped the amount of ash equal to the amount of flammable drops they would've, well, dropped. The phrasing was a bit indirect(?) but a second of thinking about the post helps that issue.

3- This was to poke fun at you saying that a proposed mechanic was illogical in a game where logic is constantly thrown out the window.

Bed time.

Feel free to DM me if you have more to say on this topic. We're de-railing this thread a bit and we don't want it locked, yeh?

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Oh boy I love being argumentative at 1 AM. I need sleep, and this isn't a personal attack either. I just like picking apart arguments because im a douchebag when im tired.

1- This is the same character that starts freezing when insane.

2- Mobs never drop an excess of ash when burned to death, they always dropped the amount of ash equal to the amount of flammable drops they would've, well, dropped. The phrasing was a bit indirect(?) but a second of thinking about the post helps that issue.

3- This was to poke fun at you saying that a proposed mechanic was illogical in a game where logic is constantly thrown out the window.

Bed time.

Feel free to DM me if you have more to say on this topic. We're de-railing this thread a bit and we don't want it locked, yeh?

1. I never said her freezing makes sense, did I? 

2. Exactly right.. The phrasing was indirect... You said it 

3. The game isn't perfectly logical compared to irl but the fire mechanics are pretty consistent in the game. All that dies by fire burns and the loot with it.. Pretty straightforward to me. 

Shots fired.. Lol... If you wanna blame someone for derailing the meme thread.. You should look at yourself in the first place.. you were the one who started saying you report Wendy's sensual fanart cuz u feel disgusted by it before me and adding some links to the sketchy Wendy pics after me... So yeap.. The Ironie I guess 

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Tbh.. yeah.. It wouldn't fit her character to just magically protect loot from the fire cuz.... reasons?? ... 

I wouldn't quite say that.. No one will argue that Willow doesn't love starting fires, but I think that surviving is also pretty high on her priority list. Being able to set a bunch of spiders on fire while still being able to keep the useful silk and glands would probably be a pretty satisfying outcome for her.

19 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

I wouldn't quite say that.. No one will argue that Willow doesn't love starting fires, but I think that surviving is also pretty high on her priority list. Being able to set a bunch of spiders on fire while still being able to keep the useful silk and glands would probably be a pretty satisfying outcome for her.

nope... sorry.. not really...

Eye Bone (ashes)- "I bet that eye thing was quite a sight wreathed in fire!"

Smashed Clock- "I'd love to burn that to ashes."

A Smashing Pot- "Wish I could burn it."

Glommer's Flower (ashes)- "I wish I saw the way that weird flower burned."

Ashes of item- "I wish this thing was still burning, whatever it was."

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

3. The game isn't perfectly logical compared to irl but the fire mechanics are pretty consistent in the game. All that dies by fire burns and the loot with it.. Pretty straightforward to me. 

Weren't healing items pretty consistent in the game too? You right clicked it to heal, until Wortox became a thing.

So are the monster drops, until Wortox came they would only drop their own loot, no special character's drops.

If I want to nitpick then I could even say that before Strange New Powers all characters were pretty consistent in Don't Starve.

I'm not defending Willow's fire mechanics change, but consistency isn't always a good argument against reworks and updates.

4 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Weren't healing items pretty consistent in the game too? You right clicked it to heal, until Wortox became a thing.

So are the monster drops, until Wortox came they would only drop their own loot, no special character's drops.

If I want to nitpick then I could even say that before Strange New Powers all characters were pretty consistent in Don't Starve.

I'm not defending Willow's fire mechanics change, but consistency isn't always a good argument against reworks and updates.

healing STILL applies alongside Wortox healing

monster drops STILL exist after Wortox

this has nothing to do with my argument... like at all....

why would Willow protect loot from turning into ash when she delights on seeing stuff burn bright?? her lore doesn't support it...

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

healing STILL applies alongside Wortox healing

monster drops STILL exist after Wortox

this has nothing to do with my argument... like at all....

why would Willow protect loot from turning into ash when she delights on seeing stuff burn bright?? her lore doesn't support it...

Ok, I will USE capital letters to emphasize my arguments like you seem to do, I hope it makes what I type CLEAR.

________

You said and I quote "The game isn't perfectly logical compared to irl but the fire mechanics are PRETTY CONSISTENT in the game." Capital letters edit by me.

So if you're going to use CONSISTENCY as an argument to why changing the fire mechanic for Willow is bad then I'll counter argue why consistency isn't ALWAYS a good reason when considering REWORKS and UPDATES. And for that I used a few examples.

________

You said: "healing STILL applies alongside Wortox healing"

Yes it does, but as I SAID and you SEEMED to IGNORE was the WAY you apply the healing properties of an item  i.e. RIGHT CLICKING the item.

Here is my quote exemplifying: "Weren't healing items pretty consistent in the game too? You RIGHT CLICKED it to heal, until Wortox became a thing."  Capital letters edit by me.

By this I mean, BEFORE it was pretty CONSISTENT, to heal you RIGHT CLICK. But AFTER with Wortox new healing item, that consistency is no more, to heal you need to DROP it, if you RIGHT CLICK you will just eat the new item.

________

You said: "monster drops STILL exist after Wortox"

Yes, monster drops still exist after Wortox, but as I SAID and you SEEMED  to IGNORE was that before Wortox came there was NO SPECIAL CHARACTER's DROP.

Here is my example: "So are the monster drops, until Wortox came they would only drop their own loot, no SPECIAL CHARACTER's DROPS." Capital letters edit by me.

BEFORE Wortox monster drops were pretty consistent, they had THEIR OWN drops. AFTER Wortox, the monsters got a new SPECIAL drop PARTICULAR to Wortox.

________

My third argument was: "If I want to NITPICK then I could even say that before Strange New Powers all characters were pretty consistent in Don't Starve. "Capital letters edit by me.

This, as I said is in the NITPICKING territory, BEFORE Strange New Powers ALL characters were the SAME in GAMEPLAY, making the gameplay for Don't Starve CONSISTENT for ALL characters, but AFTER that update that GAMEPLAY CONSISTENCY broke for the characters.

________

Now I'll quote your last line:

"why would Willow protect loot from turning into ash when she delights on seeing stuff burn bright?? her lore doesn't support it..."

And to that I said previously that I'm NOT even DEFENDING the Willow's fire mechanics change. I will quote the line for it: "I'm NOT DEFENDING Willow's fire mechanics change, but CONSISTENCY ISN'T ALWAYS A GOOD ARGUMENT AGAINST REWORKS AND UPDATES." Capital letters edits are mine, and I had to overdo it this time to make my POINT clear.

________

7 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Ok, I will USE capital letters to emphasize my arguments like you seem to do, I hope it makes what I type CLEAR.

________

You said and I quote "The game isn't perfectly logical compared to irl but the fire mechanics are PRETTY CONSISTENT in the game." Capital letters edit by me.

So if you're going to use CONSISTENCY as an argument to why changing the fire mechanic for Willow is bad then I'll counter argue why consistency isn't ALWAYS a good reason when considering REWORKS and UPDATES. And for that I used a few examples.

________

You said: "healing STILL applies alongside Wortox healing"

Yes it does, but as I SAID and you SEEMED to IGNORE was the WAY you apply the healing properties of an item  i.e. RIGHT CLICKING the item.

Here is my quote exemplifying: "Weren't healing items pretty consistent in the game too? You RIGHT CLICKED it to heal, until Wortox became a thing."  Capital letters edit by me.

By this I mean, BEFORE it was pretty CONSISTENT, to heal you RIGHT CLICK. But AFTER with Wortox new healing item, that consistency is no more, to heal you need to DROP it, if you RIGHT CLICK you will just eat the new item.

________

You said: "monster drops STILL exist after Wortox"

Yes, monster drops still exist after Wortox, but as I SAID and you SEEMED  to IGNORE was that before Wortox came there was NO SPECIAL CHARACTER's DROP.

Here is my example: "So are the monster drops, until Wortox came they would only drop their own loot, no SPECIAL CHARACTER's DROPS." Capital letters edit by me.

BEFORE Wortox monster drops were pretty consistent, they had THEIR OWN drops. AFTER Wortox, the monsters got a new SPECIAL drop PARTICULAR to Wortox.

________

My third argument was: "If I want to NITPICK then I could even say that before Strange New Powers all characters were pretty consistent in Don't Starve. "Capital letters edit by me.

This, as I said is in the NITPICKING territory, BEFORE Strange New Powers ALL characters were the SAME in GAMEPLAY, making the gameplay for Don't Starve CONSISTENT for ALL characters, but AFTER that update that GAMEPLAY CONSISTENCY broke for the characters.

________

Now I'll quote your last line:

"why would Willow protect loot from turning into ash when she delights on seeing stuff burn bright?? her lore doesn't support it..."

And to that I said previously that I'm NOT even DEFENDING the Willow's fire mechanics change. I will quote the line for it: "I'm NOT DEFENDING Willow's fire mechanics change, but CONSISTENCY ISN'T ALWAYS A GOOD ARGUMENT AGAINST REWORKS AND UPDATES." Capital letters edits are mine, and I had to overdo it this time to make my POINT clear.

________

You seem a little confused

Archived