The Gorge's Main Problem

cantbeatdaboss

In my opinion, the gorge was the most fun event in DST.  However, it has a big problem.  If the gorge returns, it needs to have more objectives.  With the forge, once you know how to win, the goal is clear to most players; get the fastest time possible.  In the gorge, however, the main objective is getting the achievements.  Once you got all of them, there was nothing to do.  It wasn't until the gorge tournament was added that new achievement came.  Again, once you did the tournaments the only thing you could do was play the tournament.  I think that Klei did a pretty bad job advertising the tournament, so not many people even played it.  It was also kind of hard to understand and there were tons of strategies for the tournament, where the forge doesn't really have many.  Players who joined late would be completely overwhelmed by the tournament.  Please reply with what you think about this and how the developers could change the gorge.

On 18. 7. 2018 at 8:28 PM, V2C said:

Over 25k people played The Gorge Tournament!  This was significantly more than we expected. 

1 hour ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

I think that Klei did a pretty bad job advertising the tournament, so not many people even played it. 

If you look at the steam charts, you can see that there was a downhill slope from June 14th-July 9th.  Additionally, we don't even know what is classified as people who "played The Gorge Tournament".  It could be people who played dst during that time, it could be people who played the gorge, it could even be individual rounds played.  I asked my friends who had played the gorge at that time of the tournament what their highest tournament score was, and only one out of the three I asked knew what I was talking about.  Besides, this post is about the problem with the gorge, not the advertising with it.  If the gorge were to come back, I think Klei would advertise it more anyway (based on the ads on youtube for Don't Starve Together and the individual characters.)

2019-04-08.png

On 4/9/2019 at 4:38 AM, axxel said:

Once people got all achievements and skins they wanted they left the Gorge. I did the same with the Forge season 2.

The only difference between the Gorge and the Forge season 2 is that the second season of the forge had achievements every other day and daily match bonuses.  If the Gorge were to come back, I'd imagine they would add daily achievements instead of just letting you do them all from the start in order to make players come back often.  I still think they should change the event to make a clear goal on what to do (besides escape) once you have done all your achievements for the day.  For me, the forge was fun because you could still increase your speed when you had no achievements to do but with the gorge, as fun as it was, there was not much replayability aside from the achievements.

9 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

was the tournament cheated?

i just want some confermation

As far as I know, no.

Some of the highest players submitted clips of them achieving their score.  There may have been some parts where it took a long time for a score to show up, but I'm pretty sure most of the top players played legitimately.

On 18. 4. 2019 at 8:17 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

was the tournament cheated?

i just want some confermation

seems very less likely than exploiting in forge like going into the sea or hyper attack because theres no need to do random stuff such as getting out of bound.

Archived