[Game Update] - 322093

10 hours ago, Bryce said:

The full changes aren't implemented yet, but here's a quick summary of what is planned.

Ice Machine - Uses the energy input to remove heat from the water until it reaches desired temperature. Hotter water will take longer to freeze/ require more power than colder water.

Icedrofan - Kinda the opposite of the Ice Machine, uses 'dupe energy' to accelerate the melting of ice and disperses that 'coldness' to the area around the machine. Colder ice will last longer than warmer ice because it takes longer to melt. Should also be noted that this building is intended to be a replacement for the Hydrofan, it just hasn't been marked as deprecated yet.

No more heat deletion by freezing hot water I guess :(

I hope abbysalite can be crushed whit rock granulator to sand again. Stil working to abys bugs for disposal but i don't have to much hope for get rid of 520 tones (and didn't finish digging all) to soon. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I believe the current model melts the water and dumps it on the ground.  I bet the new version will do the same.

It should be like the sink and need to be emptied.  Having it drop on the floor means you should skip the dup labor and just leave the ice on the floor instead.

4 hours ago, suicide commando said:

No more heat deletion by freezing hot water I guess :(

If I am correct, you are still deleting heat. It will just take more power per unit of heat deleted (or better said: it will take a fixed amount of power per deleted unit of heat).

12 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

If I am correct, you are still deleting heat. It will just take more power per unit of heat deleted (or better said: it will take a fixed amount of power per deleted unit of heat).

That is the point. Before it didn't care what temperature the water you put in was, it was always the same amount of power based on 20C water it appeared.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

That is the point. Before it didn't care what temperature the water you put in was, it was always the same amount of power based on 20C water it appeared.

Yes. I'm just saying: you are effectively deleting heat, instead of displacing it like the aqua tuner.

3 hours ago, chemie said:

It should be like the sink and need to be emptied.  Having it drop on the floor means you should skip the dup labor and just leave the ice on the floor instead.

No, because you can build it on mesh tile with a pump.  But a pipe would probably be better.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

"Squeamish" trait and Care interest are now mutually exclusive

As you can see with Ada, this is not working (as somebody else pointed out).

image.thumb.png.a687ec163730e1c53f780cdb04c7030c.png

Other traits and interests that should be mutually exclusive are:

Gastrophobia trait and Cook interest

Unconstructive trait and Build interest

Uncultured trait and Art interest

Trypophobia trait and Dig interest

Yokel trait and Research interest

Edited by Moondrake
  • Like 3

Just now, Dracian said:

Additionnaly, there's still that problem with Pacifist Dupes not being able to master the Mining Skill (they can mine, but not invest skill points in Mining)

Indeed. I pointed it out earlier in this thread and there is a bug report on it as well. I will be hugely disappointed in the devs if there's no hot fix on this issue before the weekend.

1 hour ago, Moondrake said:

As you can see with Ada, this is not working (as somebody else pointed out).

image.thumb.png.a687ec163730e1c53f780cdb04c7030c.png

Other traits and interests that should be mutually exclusive are:

Gastrophobia trait and Cook interest

Unconstructive trait and Build interest

Uncultured trait and Art interest

Trypophobia trait and Dig interest

Add Yokel and Research as well.

Why does traits even arbitrarily block dupes from doing certain jobs at all? It makes no sense at all. It should just give a significant morale penalty if they're forced to do a job they dislike. By setting priorities intelligently you could then avoid the dupes doing jobs they dislike if you don't like them getting the morale penalty when forced to do those jobs. 

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

It makes no sense at all.

I'm an arachnophobe, and you wouldn't get me to do something with spiders if my life depended on it.

It makes perfect sense. It's not a dislike, it's an outright paralysing fear.

6 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I'm an arachnophobe, and you wouldn't get me to do something with spiders if my life depended on it.

Have you ever been in a situation where your life literally depended on it though?

It's sort of a trick question. If you had and you didn't overcome your fear, you wouldn't be here to talk about it. :D

3 minutes ago, Yunru said:

It makes perfect sense. It's not a dislike, it's an outright paralysing fear.

Well, personally I am also just that stubborn about my dislikes...

Me trying to eat stracciatella ice for the first time in a boy&girl scout camp (was indeed coed) and not liking it? (was back in like 5 grade) I starred at it for the whole lunch break between activities (because I was forced to obviously), after an hour or two I was victorious~ 

Similar thing happened two other times of which I now only recall one more. That time it was a disgusting pea soup. 99% peas, 1% soup. Don't waste food? How about making it possible to taste it first!

and, welp, not just spider but many insects I dare to not lay my hand on, maybe even not indirectly. Flies and little mosquitoes (am I glad that we do not have big ones) are literary the only ones I just find annoying (but oh girl was I terrified when I was merely in Bavaria and a fly of the size of a glass landed on my arm. Not quite the reason why I quit being a scout but I am not missing that part.

Oh, and... I better stop, too much trauma already...

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Have you ever been in a situation where your life literally depended on it though?

What if the dupes are simply waiting for someone to save them?~

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Oddly enough, no. I've never been in a situation where my life depends on interacting with a spider :p

I do have minor claustrophobia from one time when I was caving and got stuck in a rabbit run though, and that was almost the end of me.