[Game Update] - 322093

• Developer
  • New Mod System is active! You can read all about it here
  • Skills screen Morale visualization takes skill interests in to account
  • Updated plumbing icons on the Plumbing tutorial picture
  • Fix crash when duplicants try talking about things which are no longer in the game
  • Change to the internal heat calculation for turbine. Tuning is roughly but not exactly the same
  • Tools with filters now show the active filter on the hovercard
  • Audio option to mute the game on lost focus
  • Tuning to Ice Maker and Icedro Fan
  • Re-fix: Dupes can't pass door if it has no floor
  • Fix dupes get stuck trying to walk through a locked door if the door is built one tile above the ground
  • Dupes should generally behave more consistently when navigating through doors built in unusual configurations
  • Duplicants no longer get stuck trying to path through closed vertical solid doors
  • Falling dupes will now land on any floor they can walk on, inc. open doors, pitcher pump, and gantry
  • Pitcher Pump floors now behave consistently with other floor types, critters can walk over them
  • Can now cancel/deconstruct Wire Bridge when in the Wires filter
  • "Squeamish" trait and Care interest are now mutually exclusive
  • Fix Skill Point Gained notification/effects not showing up half the time
  • Updated interact for Respec Station
  • Skills Interest is correctly described on the minion select screen
  • Dead batteries will no longer provide magical power to transformers (the "Battery Transformer Infinite Power Loop" bug)

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

• Developer
8 minutes ago, lee1026 said:

Is it possible to tell us what the changes are instead of just telling us that there are changes?

The full changes aren't implemented yet, but here's a quick summary of what is planned.

Ice Machine - Uses the energy input to remove heat from the water until it reaches desired temperature. Hotter water will take longer to freeze/ require more power than colder water.

Icedrofan - Kinda the opposite of the Ice Machine, uses 'dupe energy' to accelerate the melting of ice and disperses that 'coldness' to the area around the machine. Colder ice will last longer than warmer ice because it takes longer to melt. Should also be noted that this building is intended to be a replacement for the Hydrofan, it just hasn't been marked as deprecated yet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

13 minutes ago, Bryce said:

The full changes aren't implemented yet, but here's a quick summary of what is planned.

Ice Machine - Uses the energy input to remove heat from the water until it reaches desired temperature. Hotter water will take longer to freeze/ require more power than colder water.

Icedrofan - Kinda the opposite of the Ice Machine, uses 'dupe energy' to accelerate the melting of ice and disperses that 'coldness' to the area around the machine. Colder ice will last longer than warmer ice because it takes longer to melt. Should also be noted that this building is intended to be a replacement for the Hydrofan, it just hasn't been marked as deprecated yet.

So it's a slower heat deletion method that uses more power.  Still not bad.  Will have to see how much power/cooling for effectiveness.

Icedrofan - Hope it does more than accelerate the melting as a tempshift plate of ice under the surface of water instantly melts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bryce said:

While I am of course glad that my suggestion or rather guess was quite right, I just had Steam in offline mode and noted the details of the previous iterations before updating to see the answer the question for myself as well :wilson_cry: 

Well, at least I'd have wasted my time (partially) anyway since indeed the change would have been visible even without numbers and the changes not even fully implemented yet (how far I have yet to test)~

In any event... the neatest change has a thread anyway but welp, all I can really say is that I hope that I am competent enough to update my own mods.

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

The real question is fate of water.  if it is deleted, better to let the water melt in its own.  please don't delete the water

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chemie said:

The real question is fate of water.  if it is deleted, better to let the water melt in its own.  please don't delete the water

I believe the current model melts the water and dumps it on the ground.  I bet the new version will do the same.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

"Squeamish" trait and Care interest are now mutually exclusive

It is not working. See screenshot.

Spoiler

ONI_Care.thumb.png.0fb1ca5379f9440f3c38a1be115f4198.png

What about Pacifist trait? After previous patch pacifist dublicants can not dig. It is intended or bug?

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Skills Interest is correctly described on the minion select screen

If tier 1 "skills" for a duplicant with an interest have no effect on morale (or other things), why not automatically allocate these skills ?

(I forgot about the experience needed acquire the skill in the first place ...)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

5 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If tier 1 "skills" for a duplicant with an interest have no effect on morale (or other things), why not automatically allocate these skills ?

Because you still need to gain the necessary experience to learn them.  Costing less morale to maintain is just a bonus.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Dead batteries will no longer provide magical power to transformers (the "Battery Transformer Infinite Power Loop" bug)

This bug still exists for manual generators, steam turbines, and probably other generator types.

Spoiler

20190403205709_1.thumb.jpg.9bf2c0860dd898849ddd81b060d81a67.jpg

20190403205751_1.thumb.jpg.6f82cbfe546aa89589c3a6234255619b.jpg

20190403210311_1.thumb.jpg.f2697b735e38da18916e4168edf52631.jpg

Power Bug.sav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bryce said:

Good enough for me. It was rather silly 95oC water took the same time to cool as 5oC.

You gave us a conveyor blocker. But did not give automation and sensor resources. That would turn on and off the conveyor blocker. Otherwise, the lock on the conveyor is useless without automation.