Aporkalypse and World hopping problems

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

There aren't any aporkalypse warnings in hamlet too.

It just happens

What Teal says, Pigs will shout warnings in the upcoming days.
It's not in your face, but it certainly helps.
You can see Demonrebuilt (Tuber) using this to his advantage.

There could be more warnings, like subtle screen changing or plants changing, but otherwise that's what's there.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:51 AM, Roosev said:

yes pls

Why?

On 4/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

There could be more warnings, like subtle screen changing or plants changing, but otherwise that's what's there.

Nope. I disagree. The piggies all at once pretty much scream at you the world is gonna end. This is as straightforward as it gets. 

And that's my issue with how the calender works rn. You can't really know as a new player in RoG or SW that the Aporkalypse is about to happen in Hamlet. Ergo the whole point of the thread. 

2 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Items/Plants changing before the apocalypse would be atmospheric. Imagine plants becoming grim and what not.

But the pigs already do that... And the whole base game is centered around the pig civilization... 

That would make it too ez imo.. 

And even if that works it doesn't solve the problem for people playing in RoG or SW worlds 60 plus days. Cuz they don't get any warning. 

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Why?

Nope. I disagree. The piggies all at once pretty much scream at you the world is gonna end. This is as straightforward as it gets. 

And that's my issue with how the calender works rn. You can't really know as a new player in RoG or SW that the Aporkalypse is about to happen in Hamlet. Ergo the whole point of the thread. 

Why disagree, not everyone lives in the pig town, and having some nice subtle environment changes won't hurt anyone. 
Like, it just works, it's the end of the world, I doubt everything's still gonna look pretty. 
Just have it carry over to SW and ROG. Like, you're in SW and the screen slowly turns red hinting at the end times days before it happens. 

2 hours ago, Roosev said:

Items/Plants changing before the apocalypse would be atmospheric. Imagine plants becoming grim and what not.

I really like this, like how the trees rot in the poison Jungle, It'd be nice to see some nice scenery changes here and there.

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Why disagree, not everyone lives in the pig town, and having some nice subtle environment changes won't hurt anyone. 
Like, it just works, it's the end of the world, I doubt everything's still gonna look pretty. 

Even if you don't build in the city u can just build one town house near your base to let know know that... 

ok... I wouldn't mind a visual queue for Aporkalypse in Hamlet (even though I still think it's not needed.) The problem is probs implementation... I think it should be a warning that it's visible in the ruins too... like all gets a bit of a red contrast..

3 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Just have it carry over to SW and ROG. Like, you're in SW and the screen slowly turns red hinting at the end times days before it happens. 

that would be a bit confusing for a new player... if the apork calendar is to stay as it is there should be a much more clear message to let know the player with enough time to do something about it. The town people let you know with like maybe a week in advance.. that's not enough time for RoG or SW worlds...

10 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

the screen slowly turns red hinting at the end times days before it happens.

Oh hell yeah, imagine like 5 to 6 days before the Aporkalypse the screen starts tinting red, with plants maybe withering and whatnot.

Creepy noises start playing louder and louder until the Aporkalypse hits. When it does hit, screen flashes black for a second and then we see the entire world tinted in red.

godDAMN

1 hour ago, Roosev said:

Oh hell yeah, imagine like 5 to 6 days before the Aporkalypse the screen starts tinting red, with plants maybe withering and whatnot.

Creepy noises start playing louder and louder until the Aporkalypse hits. When it does hit, screen flashes black for a second and then we see the entire world tinted in red.

godDAMN

Ok this is all fine.. I admit a visual queue might be quite useful in Hamlet.. but that's not what OP is about...

what about RoG and SW should they also get red?? and would a player understand by seeing red things in SW and RoG that he should get to the calendar in Hamlet? I don't think so..

38 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ok this is all fine.. I admit a visual queue might be quite useful in Hamlet.. but that's not what OP is about...

what about RoG and SW should they also get red?? and would a player understand by seeing red things in SW and RoG that he should get to the calendar in Hamlet? I don't think so..

Aporkalypse only works in Hamlet. The clock would stop until you come back to Hamlet.

No need for the visual clues outside of it.

42 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Aporkalypse only works in Hamlet. The clock would stop until you come back to Hamlet.

No need for the visual clues outside of it.

OMG DUDE!! PLS OP is about Aporkalypse calerdar and hoppinh world issues!!! The day count is synched in all worlds!! Ofc you want a warning for new players to let them know the Apork is about to happen in Hamlet... that's the whole point of this thread.... can u pls go read OP pls?? I can't... I can't even...

39 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

OMG DUDE!! PLS OP is about Aporkalypse calerdar and hoppinh world issues!!! The day count is synched in all worlds!! Ofc you want a warning for new players to let them know the Apork is about to happen in Hamlet... that's the whole point of this thread.... can u pls go read OP pls?? I can't... I can't even...

I've literally just said that the calendar clock would be paused outside of Hamlet...

2 hours ago, Roosev said:

I've literally just said that the calendar clock would be paused outside of Hamlet...

The clock doesn't STOP outside Hamlet as for now... That's the matter at hand 

If you want to start a suggestion thread with the request to add "visual queues" before the Aporkalypse in Hamlet you can further discuss that there. As for this thread is concern, pls stay on topic. Ty :)

After over 300 days spent in RoG and SW I finaly decided to go to Hamlet. Surprise surprise there was Aporkalypse and me who have never really played on Hamlet world.

However, I was smart enough to pre-craft Skyworthy from SW can and have access to my previous worlds, got myself SW gas mask, and prepared for the worst. I checked how to get to 5th island and what is needed to get into the calendar. However, nothing could prepare me for the amount of BS I had to endure to get there. I died once after entering a room full of spikes. Two heralds spawned i tomb entrance and room with buttons that shut down doors. On top of that they really liked to spam frogs. I had to go back and forth to get a hang of myself. More healing, fuel for miner hat, even more armor, antidotes. I have wasted half a season trying to get to this stupid calendar. If I didn't watch multiple videos about Hamlet and didn't prepare Skyworthy I would lose this save for sure.

I would REALLY love to see something done with that calendar. Maybe it would start from the beginning the moment you enter the world instead of counting down from day 1? I wouldn't really mind having that clock go after Hamlet world was already created. I got the path to it somewhat cleared so it would be much easier to get to next time.

It has been approximately 80 days since I disabled Aporkalypse. I've made a trip to reset the clock once. It's all good when it comes to this event, though I still can't survive in Hamlet without the help of RoG and SW worlds.

But my struggles are not important. What's important is that these pigs are celebrating. And they are still doing it. All those 80 days they keep being joyful, giving me random stuff, spamming firecrackers and guards freaking out (might be some separate bug).

I wonder if those ~200 days of Aporkalypse before my arrival had anything to do with it.

• Developer
6 hours ago, MrNaxeros said:

And they are still doing it. All those 80 days they keep being joyful, giving me random stuff, spamming firecrackers and guards freaking out (might be some separate bug).

Could you submit an in-game bug report for this?

Archived