Sign in to follow this  
-Variant

On DLC characters

-Variant    5761

Hey, Hi. It's me. Yeah, that me. 
Now I was curious, are we allowed to modify mod characters or their perks?
I've noticed the Wortox config mod hasn't been taken down, so I assume simply configging stuff is fine.

But is something like say: Making a modified version of Wortox's Soul Hop for another character be okay?
I'm not looking to 1-1 copy it, however.
And this is me assuming we can view his code, as I haven't checked yet.

I would like conformation before attempting to do anything of the sort or related.
Preferably from a DEV or someone who's got proof of their word on this, and for future DLC characters. 
Thanks!

JoeW    33416

There is no issue modifying a characters  traits, creating a new version of Wortox with modified traits might be an issue. 

We're trying to be cool here and allow people to do things within reason, so I haven't taken down any of the old Wortox mods. But if there is a mod meant to let people use the 'real' Wortox without weaving or buying him we will have a problem. 

Now. Taking an entirely new character and then giving them wortox's abilities is getting into a weird area. So I think right now I will just say, make them substantially not the same character and we're ok. 

If we see a mod and I don't think somebody is 'trying' to do something sneaky we will generally talk to them first if we have an issue with it. 

-Variant    5761
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

There is no issue modifying a characters  traits, creating a new version of Wortox with modified traits might be an issue. 

We're trying to be cool here and allow people to do things within reason, so I haven't taken down any of the old Wortox mods. But if there is a mod meant to let people use the 'real' Wortox without weaving or buying him we will have a problem. 

Now. Taking an entirely new character and then giving them wortox's abilities is getting into a weird area. So I think right now I will just say, make them substantially not the same character and we're ok. 

If we see a mod and I don't think somebody is 'trying' to do something sneaky we will generally talk to them first if we have an issue with it. 

Oh, perfect timing. I'm not trying to make a "new slightly modified" Wortox, certainly not, as he's your character. 
Nice to see you're fine with the old ones.

I'd say my current aim is to make a completely unique character, then give them a trait like Wortox's soul hop and change it up.
I'll show it off here before it goes live to see if I've done things correctly, or have cross some line.
So it can let you or some other forum dwellers give feedback when I feel it's ready.
Thanks for the response!