[Game Update] - 321393

• Developer
  • New Plumber's Hat
  • Remove queued recipes that have been removed from the game
  • Fix texture resolution issue with potted plants
  • Fix crash if opening the skill screen with no dupe selected
  • Skills Station has a status item when there are points available for spending
  • Dupes make a trip to the Skills Station after being awarded a new skill
  • Temporary art for the Ore Drop Station
  • Removed redundant global "Yellow Alert" notification because emergency chores now only trigger priority override for the attending duplicants.
  • Command Module and Tourist Module use a more accurate check for whether the Gantry is extended
  • Fix more crashes related to uncategorized objects
  • The plumbing input and output icons have been rotated upside down
  • Fix a crash when duplicants are unlocking new hats
  • Restore experience when Duplicants return from space

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

rocket.thumb.png.2fc0ccc99651b695a6e9c4b446880681.png

Now I am able to decontruct the command module without a crash (and rescue my duplicants^^), but I still can´t board new duplicants.

Spoiler

Just noticed;

spot.png.7f8055804859b8b3202737fe20ba46a8.png

Duplicants will work the metal refinery in open air, / The animation is not played in front of the forge.

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I love the thumb's down for skills that dupes won't do.

It's a step in the right direction, but I fear new players might interpret it as "I don't like to do this job" instead of "I literally can't do this job".  Not that they won't discover the difference as soon as they're unable to assign a dupe a job with a thumbs down, but perhaps a 1024px-ProhibitionSign2.svg.png would be a little less ambiguous?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just noticed;

spot.png.7f8055804859b8b3202737fe20ba46a8.png

Duplicants will work the metal refinery in open air, / The animation is not played in front of the forge.

A bug report for the flying dup has been submitted some weeks ago, during mk2 or mk1, and devs have notified that it's known and should be solved but later, with no previsionnal date.

For the animation, there where another bug report for that, and devs notified that's how this machine works. They order using the button, then wait for the process to finish. So no different animation should be expected I think.

I have to admit I'm a little bit confused by the Thumbs Down icon on Mining Skills for Pacifist Dupes... Shouldn't it be exclusive only to Trypophobiac Dupes ? :confused:

EDIT : Oh, this is even worse : Pacifist Dupes can't master Mining Skills anymore. I really hope this is a mistake and this will be fixed (It becomes hilarious when you have a Pacifist Dupe who enjoy Mining Jobs...)

Edited by Dracian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dracian said:

I have to admit I'm a little bit confused by the Thumbs Down icon on Mining Skills for Pacifist Dupes... Shouldn't it be exclusive only to Trypophobiac Dupes ? :confused:

EDIT : Oh, this is even worse : Pacifist Dupes can't master Mining Skills anymore. I really hope this is a mistake and this will be fixed (It becomes hilarious when you have a Pacifist Dupe who enjoy Mining Jobs...)

I haven't checked my pacifist yet. but that would be awful if they can't mine.  
That must be a bug I think. 

Edited by RonEmpire

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New Plumber's Hat

Is it for the QoL branch?
I have no single hat in the branch so far, thought it's "normal", is it?

image.thumb.png.10320bd22fbaba352df0f60c91d71c90.png

34 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

I haven't checked my pacifist yet. but that would be awful if they can't mine.  
That must be a bug I think. 

Combat is related to digging, so hmm yes..
Edit: *sniff* waited so long for a nice dupe, sry camille..

image.thumb.png.a1035ef4cd68eab0e3601b215d615be1.png

Edited by Oozinator

17 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

You have to assign them separately on the Skills screen.  They are no longer automatically equipped.

The "Hat" button is/was never working for me..
Edit: or did i miss something like the hat weaver station? ^^

Edited by Oozinator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Edit: or did i miss something like the hat weaver station? ^^

Same for me. Are you guys being able to put hats on their heads?
Tbh, dupes were pretty much ignoring Skills station here and not doing any animation/interaction with it.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

You  have to use the dropdown arrows next to dupenames

Hats.thumb.jpg.5b0da55a5228332347861d31998c21e9.jpg

@Junksteel They are using the station when putting on a new hat.

Edited by snoozer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chemie said:

I think hats make no sense now but they want to leave them in just because they did all the work

I prefer the way hats are now to the way they were before.  I can have everyone wearing the hat of what I consider their primary job making it easier to find the one I want even when cross-training instead of having the entire colony all on the Tidy 3 hat when I got the morale to put everyone on Exosuit training.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, malloc said:
1 hour ago, chemie said:

I think hats make no sense now but they want to leave them in just because they did all the work

I prefer the way hats are now to the way they were before.  I can have everyone wearing the hat of what I consider their primary job making it easier to find the one I want even when cross-training instead of having the entire colony all on the Tidy 3 hat when I got the morale to put everyone on Exosuit training.

I prefer the new way hats work, too

And I would ask for the old auto-prioritize feature to come back and be tied to the current hat ;)

(Maybe even give auto-prioritize a real higher priority instead of a wrench symbol that works like a double arrow up.)

Is that just my opinion or does the majority like the primary task beeing (indirectly) tied to the current hat ?

19 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

The skill window looks a LOT better now. Thank you!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.8da516571d0b5e9cf8d4651e8c98e184.png

I love the thumb's down for skills that dupes won't do.

Thats really good but even better if we could not click on it at all if the dupe cant do it like the old job table.

Edited by natanstarke

Just now, natanstarke said:

Thats really good but even better if we could not click on it at all like the old job table.

You can't click on it.  Before the change, you still couldn't -- but there was no way of knowing that the dupe couldn't perform the skill.  Now you can visibly see that the skill is one that your dupe can't use.  

This is important for times when you get a dupe like Abe.  He loves mechanical things -- but he can't build them!  So, I ended up putting points in Mechatronics because at the time, there was no indication from the skill window that Abe couldn't build.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.383ab607521af58f2f31feb25de46df3.png

2 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

You can't click on it.  Before the change, you still couldn't -- but there was no way of knowing that the dupe couldn't perform the skill.  Now you can visibly see that the skill is one that your dupe can't use.  

This is important for times when you get a dupe like Abe.  He loves mechanical things -- but he can't build them!  So, I ended up putting points in Mechatronics because at the time, there was no indication from the skill window that Abe couldn't build.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.383ab607521af58f2f31feb25de46df3.png

I have one dupe with skill point spent on a job he cant do but probably thats because my save is the same before this update.