Draw Your Character into Don't Starve

I might as well post Wolfram here as well.

Posted Image

Name: Wolfram

“The Grave Digger”

Catchphrase: “ man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” (quoted from mark twain)

Pros: Birds aren’t afraid of him (Birds take longer to fly away when approached) Spawns with shovel and faster digging time (Time to dig up a grave/soil/etc. takes less time.)

Cons: Dusk lasts a little longer, audio effects WITHOUT sanity effect (meaning you can still experience whispers or audio defects without Sanity effect, leading you to a false sense of urgency )

Health: 180

Hunger: 200

Sanity: 180

Biography: A man who worked the grave shift helping bury bodies and watch over the cemetery grounds. Somewhat anti-social, his first encounter with Maxwell was that of where he worked; the graveyard.

Under the guise of a mourner, Maxwell struck up conversation with him. They both spoke of life and death and tedious things before Maxwell offered him a chance to escape.

A purgatory.

Wolfram, hesitant, agreed to this. Maxwell did not ask for blood. Instead, he commanded him to do what he did best:

“Dig his own grave”

To which he did, sick of living his somber life as a groundskeeper.

God you are on of the best artists on the forums...

ew look it's a wendigo lady /)uvu(\**EDIT: frickie ... there's a wendigo already OH WELL gomenName: WendigaPros: Due to her deerlike qualities, Wendiga is able to sense danger sooner than other players. Along the same lines she is also a bit faster than other players and flees more often that fights.Cons: Spooked really easily.When hunger reaches a certain point she embraces her more wendigo side of life and will attack anything living (particularly humans, pigmen, or merms) and then eat their flesh 8) ayayayayyyypost-76428-13764598007993_thumb.png

Edited by deerlet

The non-animated version here lol

%7Boption%7D

I don't see smooth animations around here often, nice work :]

Well. I didn't make a 'character selection' picture like you guys did.. But I tried to make something animated. Was worth a try, I guess~

And this is looking great as well!

how to download those characters?

You can't, they're just drawings. Some users on the forum turned their drawings into in-game characters but I have no list at my disposal.

It's mostly just the artwork which is inserted in the title screen. These are no finished mods with playable characters. It's for fun and for presenting your selfmade characters.

It'd be cool if we could though! I know there's tutorials out there but from the current game screen it looks like those mods are out of date?

how to make your character walk on 4 paws?

If you were to do this on a character mod, it would require a custom animation. Custom animations are not possible at this time because the proprietary method that Klei uses to make them has not been made available to the public, though this may change in the future.Therefore, your character will have to use the generic player character animation set, or use one of the mob's animation sets. The latter is not recommended because there will be many animations missing such as sleeping, eating, talking, etc. The mobs were never designed to do those things so the anims for them were never created.To the thread in general: If you're an artist and want to make your character into a mod, make an image based on the template in the /anim directory of the Sample Character Mod and I'll code a generic character out of it (i.e. no special abilities aside from simple things like max health/hunger/sanity and the like). I'll have a whack at making more complicated abilities if you ask, but my DS Lua is not very good and I'll probably not be able to do it, if it's even possible at all with the current API.

I have one :p

Warren: The Fuzziest: "I've always had a connection with the small mammals, and now more than ever":Can talk to rabbits, causes less sanity dropping because of the companionship, can sleep every night in a rabbit hutch.

I really liked the Walter character but I think his abilities must be more special . So here's my ideas.

*is schisophrenic

* has an imaginary friend

First ability means that he has lower maximum sanity and always halutinates (even though they're not hostile).Also there is 50% chance that sleeping will reduce his sanity. He also has special tab called Creativity . Building anything from it will increase his sanity .

Second ability means that when he looses 25% of his sanity a friendly halutination emerges and stays with him till it dies .It's name is Mr. Weed and it looks like a weed with a top hat . Walter can talk with it and give it tasks such as carrying a lantern or harvesting.Mr. Weed is week at combat and can only attack halutinations . Also it has 3 slots.Also it talks to Walter and gives funny notes about what's happening.

So what do you think will it do?

Irontaco

here's my character

Wildfire and his possible titles the priest,the servant of flame

he would look like a normal person except for the fact his hair is made of fire and he wears knight armor

his abilities are as follows

1. produces light due to his fire hair he's also immune to fire

2.loses maximum life sanity everything at 10 a day but can regenerate it by making a fire heart which restores it by 20 everything and increases his illuminance theres also the fire soul which stops him from losing health and everythings max but is probably gonna be extremely expensive

3.follows Flame which means he has his own tab but it requires allot of gold for most things there is his sword requires the hilt which he automatically has the sword is upgraded for the first time using gold tools next time it requires even more gold and stronger weapons but gains their abilities and the sword would have more durability

4.knows how to convert people this in term allows him to upgrade pigs which means they use less meat and makes their houses and them look better as well as stronger but your gonna need to make things from the religious tab if possible it would expand to spiders

5.two pockets means he only has two inventory spaces

6.has a bag this sorta makes up for his lack of inventory space but is about half a normal backpack luckily gains armor as it is upgraded as in it can be made as big as a piggyback in inventory space yet not slowing you down

7.is fast as in runs 25% faster

and after reaching certain amounts of stats iluminance would increase and he would look more fire like

Edited by LordFlame

Name: Zane

The Outdoorsman (Boy)

Quote: "Man, this place is a bit different than other forests"

Abilities: +Moves a bit faster than others

+Came prepared (Starts with Thick Vest, Backpack,Shovel, and Cooked Berries)

+Collects double recourses!

- Loses sanity faster when near Evil Flowers

- Has trouble mining rocks (Doubles hits needed)

- Anxiety when in trouble (Extreme hunger loss when in trouble)

Voice: Saxophone

Sayings: Hounds- "Oh dear, I must find Daddy again!"

Darkness: "I need some light! "

Hungry: "Maybe Momma will make sandwiches again"

Insane: "Ouch, another headache, Momma can help"

Dusk: "Momma and Daddy are expecting me soon!"

Stump: "Once again, I must do what I must"

Pig Man: "I never see others outside with me"

Spear: "Momma doesn't like me holding these, *giggle*

Attacking: "Daddy taught me how NOT to die!"

Rabbit: "These are getting old"

Stale Food: "I don't mind, food is food"

Rotten Food: "I do suppose this is much better than nothing"

Pig House: "I wonder if they believe in hospitality"

Chester: "He's so cute! We'll be the besets of buds"

Name: Leo The Krampus
Title: The Naughty One
Quote: How did I get here from my yard?
Stats: Health: 150 Hunger: 300 Sanity:175
-Come with Krampus Sack
-Receives 0.25 less damage than normal due to skull helmet
-Higher Naughtiness Level (50 instead of 30)
-Can eat Durians without negative effects (+3 health when eaten, no sanity loss, cooked provides no health but provides 35 hunger points)
-Eating Nightmare Fuel replenishes a small amount of health and sanity
- Wakes up later than usual time.
-Fruits and vegetables restore 1/3 less of health/hunger when eaten
-Requires more food to be eaten due to fast hunger drop rate

Voice: Bass

Unlocked after Wendy(That's Meeeeee)

Ingame Quotes:
Chester: You're so cute I could eat you up. Literally.
Tentacles: This isn't Japan!
Battle Cry: Onward to victory!
Stale Food: Still Good
Rotten Food: I have made a terrible mistake.
Hallucinations: My friend is one of those
Hounds: I hear barking...
Logs: I thought this stuff can only be obtained in the morning.
Golden Tools: H-how?
Durian: Better than apples.
Krampus: I am different than my primitive species.

post-314241-0-92027000-1418698907_thumb.

Edited by HipsterWendy