How does rep exactly work?

BushmannGG1392

If you're talking about on the forums, it is a number that is green underneath each person's profile picture, and it is also shown on their profile.

It bears no major significance whatsoever.

It's inconsistent in how it's given out so you can't even correctly gloat to others, as they may have their likes in a completely different caliber.

For example, usually a lot of artists have high reputation. Sometimes, forum funny folks get a lot of points too. Staff members often get a lot of reputation because they have relevant information that everyone uses the forums for in the first place along with additional visibility, and some others have a lot of points for their helpful contributions and relativity to the main thread's talking point.

As there are a lot of different people, situations, scenarios, audiences, etc, I always found people trying to show off their fancy green digits to be silly, again, due to the sheer variety of how it's earned. It doesn't measure any way of how relevant, funny, friendly, creative, or whatever of a forumer you are, because you could've gotten your likes from something completely different than whoever you're comparing yourself to. For example, I don't have the highest rep on the website, but obviously, anyone can tell I am the best person on here, unequivocally.

At the moment though, I can't quite remember if the Junior Member > Member > Senior Member is determined by rep or post count, but I do know that either way that "rank" goes up automatically. (I'm pretty sure it's post count.) Hence why I said rep bears no major significance.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:05 PM, Marco BR said:

Always wanted to know how it works too, fairy titles, and etc.

Fairy Titles are when The Great, Mighty, and Burly Title Fairy (also known to the locals as The JoeW) takes a particular fondness to something a forumer has done (whether it be a joke they made, something they contributed, a typo, or something else) and they change your title to reflect it. It used to mean quite a bit more and was highly coveted before anybody could change their rank to say whatever they want to after a high amount (1000?) of posts.

For example, I have the fairy title "Cagey" because while an Indian spam bot was flooding every page of the forums with malicious links way back in the distant time of... 2015, I reported every thread and eventually ran out of clever commentary in my reports so I just decided to make my report be a youtube link to some random funny Nicolas Cage video I was watching at the time and by the next morning when I woke up, the Title Fairy sprinkled their magical Title Fairy Powder all over me. Shame I'm allergic, but otherwise, it was really exhilarating at the time.

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Auth said:

For example, I don't have the highest rep on the website, but obviously, anyone can tell I am the best person on here, unequivocally.

You fail to realize nome is still an active developer/forum user.

18 minutes ago, Auth said:

At the moment though, I can't quite remember if the Junior Member > Member > Senior Member is determined by rep or post count, but I do know that either way that "rank" goes up automatically. (I'm pretty sure it's post count.) Hence why I said rep bears no major significance.

It's post count, yeah.

Junior Member: 0 - 99 posts.

Member: 100 - 299 posts.

Senior Member: 300+ posts.

2 minutes ago, Auth said:

(1000?)

Archived