Proof that big event number three could be coming

Although I have no idea what will be in the third event or when it will happen,I do have a piece of evidence that points to there being at least one more event.

If you look at the forge trailer, you will notice that the characters that go into the portal are: Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, Wickerbottom, and Wigfrid.  These characters do not really mean much until you look at the gorge trailer.  The characters in that are Wilson, Wendy, and Wickerbottom.  These three characters were in the original forge trailer.  So what happened to the other three characters?  Although they might've gone back to the constant, I highly doubt that's what happened.  The developers have reffered to the events as a "series", and to me, a series should include at least 3 parts.  My guess is that we will eventually get another three person event, with Willow Wolfgang and Wigfrid in the trailer.

Although this doesn't completely confirm a third event,  I think hink it is highly likely.  If we do get one, my guess is it will be 2020 or later because the devs said they probably will not do an event in 2019.

I remember one thing in Gorge said. They may go back the world where they came or may they? The quote was intresting meaning if they go next to new world or back to their world. Maybe thats what happened wigfrid, willow and wolfgang. They may got sooner back to their own world or went to another world like it quoted in gorge. Wicker willson and wendy got kicked in to gorge world. But i think maybe Wolfgang, willow and wigfrid got sooner straight to the what ment “New world” the new content maybe thats the 3th world. The survivors gonna meet up again. 

Although I agree that the first three survivors could've come to the constant, we know that the gorge comes directly after the end of the forge.  So unless there is some sort of time travel going on, it is most likely that the other ones went to a new world.

Forge was 6-player co-op while Gorge involved only 3-players - trailers make a point for that in the simplest and shortest video introduction. Having Wolf, Wig and Willow pop as well in Gorge presentation would've been superfluous for its intended purpose, no further meaning attached.

3 hours ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Didn't the devs said they'll stop making events like these because they weren't making money? 

Where the hell you took it from? Lmao. Or  you thought? They said one time before they gonna bring forge and gorge back other time with more content in them.

38 minutes ago, NorthicaN said:

Where the hell you took it from? Lmao. Or  you thought? They said one time before they gonna bring forge and gorge back other time with more content in them.

Yeah, the events seem to be like annual holidays within the Constant.

Idk when Klei started to ''lose'' money but I don't think that they do, obviously they want some money for DLC characters/skins so they aren't making updates like a total badass without any profit, that makes a normal bussiness point though.

2 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

Where the hell you took it from? Lmao. Or  you thought?

I'm guessing they took it from the 2019 roadmap:

On 1/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

While we enjoyed the events and are happy with the result, there were some drawbacks: 

• They took WAY longer to make than we expected, so we weren’t able to make as much content as we wanted, and it left little time to do things like bug fixes and Quality of Life updates for the base game.
  • Because we run the servers for these events, we also incurred the cost of these servers. Those of you who have been here a while know that Don’t Starve was not architected to be a multiplayer game, so running them on our servers was extremely inefficient. In short, even though we loved that everyone came to play, the item sales were only barely covering the costs of the servers.
  • We found that it was exceedingly difficult for us to run these events on console and as such underserved our console players.

It has been a valuable experience and we think the game is better for it, however we feel that it’s time that we turn our attention back to the core Don’t Starve Together experience: surviving together. 

2 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

They said one time before they gonna bring forge and gorge back other time with more content in them.

So uhhhh... where's your source? I don't remember them saying that. At least not anytime recently.

21 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

I think i read it from the next year post, i'll see if i can find it.

Alright, they never said they will stop them. But they never said they're going to make them again. We'll just have to wait and see what happens really, sorry if i turn out to be wrong.

On 3/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Weren't there added Forge quotes  the 2nd time about welcoming the players back or returning? If that's canon then it implies they passed through the Forge again to get back to the Constant. 

The coming update could be the changes to the Constant since the survivors left. 

If there are, I do not know about it.  From what I remember, you have the same set of greeting messages in season 2 as in season 2.

It makes no sense for them to dump away all the resources put into the events, mechanics, skins, items, etc when they know the potential of Forge, Gorge, and especially a new event (whenever it happens) to change up the gameplay of DST and skyrocket its popularity on social media (which basically should mean long-term profit regardless of actual profits from skins) - not to mention obvious popular demand by the community for these events.

We might not get Forge and Gorge this year, we definitely won't see a third event anytime soon - since they're focusing on core game content, refreshes, animated shorts, so on - but I wouldn't be surprised if there's probably already mechanics and skins of the next event and how to improve current ones being thought on and worked on low priority in the back of Klei's heads already.

On 3/31/2019 at 2:29 PM, BeliarBAD said:

they didnt say forge and gorge dont want ever come back. its just for now not planned having them back.

there is more evidence saying they are not gonna bring them back than supporting they "might" bring them back at some point...

The forge is fun and all but I would prefer long lasting content and I say this being completely addicted to the forge

If the devs wanna include forge into the game that would be terrific but I'm not holding by breath on that. We should give them some room to develop the new biomes with new and creative mobs and gameplay design

On 3/30/2019 at 8:09 PM, cantbeatdaboss said:

Although I have no idea what will be in the third event or when it will happen,I do have a piece of evidence that points to there being at least one more event.

If you look at the forge trailer, you will notice that the characters that go into the portal are: Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, Wickerbottom, and Wigfrid.  These characters do not really mean much until you look at the gorge trailer.  The characters in that are Wilson, Wendy, and Wickerbottom.  These three characters were in the original forge trailer.  So what happened to the other three characters?  Although they might've gone back to the constant, I highly doubt that's what happened.  The developers have reffered to the events as a "series", and to me, a series should include at least 3 parts.  My guess is that we will eventually get another three person event, with Willow Wolfgang and Wigfrid in the trailer.

Although this doesn't completely confirm a third event,  I think hink it is highly likely.  If we do get one, my guess is it will be 2020 or later because the devs said they probably will not do an event in 2019.

I think this post is a bit misleading.. 

There is no real evidence claiming the devs are gonna bring Forge back and generating hype for something that isn't happening isn't very helpful.

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

there is more evidence saying they are not gonna bring them back than supporting they "might" bring them back at some point...

The forge is fun and all but I would prefer long lasting content and I say this being completely addicted to the forge

If the devs wanna include forge into the game that would be terrific but I'm not holding by breath on that. We should give them some room to develop the new biomes with new and creative mobs and gameplay design

I think this post is a bit misleading.. 

There is no real evidence claiming the devs are gonna bring Forge back and generating hype for something that isn't happening isn't very helpful.

they are a company. they made forge and gorge. they cant just throw away all the work and money they invested in this projects. 

but this projects didnt make them money.

soo... they have to rethink what they gonna do

thats why they paused the project for now and they will decide later what they gonna do. like in 1-2 years

if you say it will come back its false and same if you say it wont ever come back. NO ONE knows now what will happen. the devs havent decide it yet

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

they are a company. they made forge and gorge. they cant just throw away all the work and money they invested in this projects. 

but this projects didnt make them money.

soo... they have to rethink what they gonna do

thats why they paused the project for now and they will decide later what they gonna do. like in 1-2 years

if you say it will come back its false and same if you say it wont ever come back. NO ONE knows now what will happen. the devs havent decide it yet

They haven't said that tho. 

You are just making assumptions and creating false hype for an event that we don't know it's gonna return. That's why it's false hype.

You are assuming cuz they have invested on assets and this is somehow "proof" (?) they are gonna reuse them, BUT the devs clearly said they are gonna departure from events for now and focus on long lasting content.

They have a small team and need to prioritize their work.

Remember also they are supporting Oxigen Not Included, Hot Lava, DS, Griftlands and need to make sure all those games work properly. 

Let's stick to the facts for now :)

They said they want to do more events, I remember Joe mentioned Forge 3 already (LUL). But this is just a thought for 2020, 2019 is all about content they said. And it takes them a lot of money to host those events. I think someone mentioned that there was a blog post about Klei having fund issues in 2018, which you guessed it, is because of the events. As much as I want a big Event #3, Gorge: Reguorgitated Season 2 and Forge Re-ReForged Season 3, unless Klei stabilized their way for funding for the servers, I'd rather not get any events at all... As sad as it is :( 

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

They said they want to do more events, I remember Joe mentioned Forge 3 already (LUL). But this is just a thought for 2020, 2019 is all about content they said. And it takes them a lot of money to host those events. I think someone mentioned that there was a blog post about Klei having fund issues in 2018, which you guessed it, is because of the events. As much as I want a big Event #3, Gorge: Reguorgitated Season 2 and Forge Re-ReForged Season 3, unless Klei stabilized their way for funding for the servers, I'd rather not get any events at all... As sad as it is :( 

I haven't seen Joe confirming Forge 3 in a post... Was that in a community stream? Even if he did there is no official announcement so I'll stick to that

BTW I prefer content than events atm...

We already got 2 sets of forge one Gorge and then nothing significant for the dst player base to make the game more diverse. 

this is not really the point of the thread but am i the only one that thinks its weird that maxwell is such an important character but he doesnt appear in ANY of the cutscenes after the events of adventure mode? sure he appeared in the puzzles but why is he not present anywhere in any of the updates?

24 minutes ago, Datanon said:

this is not really the point of the thread but am i the only one that thinks its weird that maxwell is such an important character but he doesnt appear in ANY of the cutscenes after the events of adventure mode? sure he appeared in the puzzles but why is he not present anywhere in any of the updates?

because he's a nobody like everyone else now. that's the point.

28 minutes ago, Datanon said:

?? cuz he escaped the throne and it's a regular character after adventure mode

Archived