Add the Guardian Horn to the Oddities Shop

15 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I'm a smidge bit against this.
It's like the final boss of the game, I don't really feel like its 1 and only horn being on display in a shop would make all that much sense.

Theres no real final boss in DS, only in dst imo

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I'm a smidge bit against this.
It's like the final boss of the game, I don't really feel like its 1 and only horn being on display in a shop would make all that much sense.

Sell infinite supply of cheap dragon scales, moggles, walrus tusks, deerclops eye, bearger fur, Goose feather and so much more, but guardian horn? Too far.

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

Sell infinite supply of cheap dragon scales, moggles, walrus tusks, deerclops eye, bearger fur, Goose feather and so much more, but guardian horn? Too far.

Indeed, Lol.
None of them make sense, but I wanted to look at it from a more Lore-y reason.
If I really wanna push it, I'll go ahead and say none of them belong in stores.
But now that I come back to it, it might be fine so long as it's expensive. 

There's more Deerclops, dragons have multiple scales, Walri (Shush) exist, Bearger, fur, you get the jift.
;)

11 hours ago, Charsis said:

There's only 3 Ancient Guardians on a single island though, so they're not renewable unlike all these things you've just wrote out. The only way you can get more is by resetting your world.

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

shipwrecked did get the "home sweet home" update why not again?

Because "Home Sea Home" was after Shipwrecked.
Hamlet's not even finished yet, it's still in Early Access. We'd have to wait for it to finish, and then maybe another few months a year or so.
But Hamlet is a pure Klei thing, so there maybe even more stuff, who knows. 
The possibility is still there.

10 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

But Hamlet is a pure Klei thing, so there maybe even more stuff, who knows. 
The possibility is still there.

Not to mention Klei being kinda bad with exact date releases because they give tons of content for a 1 week-2 months extended date.

On 30/03/2019 at 12:35 PM, Roosev said:

There's only 3 Ancient Guardians on a single island though, so they're not renewable unlike all these things you've just wrote out. The only way you can get more is by resetting your world.

Then we wouldn't have mandrake in shop. And correction; moving worlds, not regenerating. With regenerating DS/Rog you keep Shipwrecked and Hamlet worlds as is, they don't regenerate. By comparison, you can easy get many of horn while dragon scales for instance have only chance you will get one during a summer. With regenerating worlds, you could get may be 3 horns every 10 - 20 day, meanwhile scales is a wait game every 60 or rather 120 day anyway, but they are in shop, meaning you can make dozen chests in every world very fast.

Tbh I prefer if they somehow made the ruins reset instead of bringing the horn to the shop.. 

finding the guardian takes quite the effort.. more than in dst if you ask me cuz there are two cave levels...

Selling them in the shop would render completely useless the quest to find the guardian.. while killing Deerclops for instance is never a bad idea cuz you can never have too many eyebrellas or Hundius.. and Dclops is pretty ez in DS

I think the devs are probably gonna inject a little bit of regeneration in general to DS in the future... I hope at least

I like that the ancient guardian can be consistently killed for horns at any time, but still requires some knowledge of the game and a bit of skill. If any boss needs their drops added to the oddities shop, in my opinion, it's the Sealnado. They're the last boss that you can only obtain 1 set of loot from every year... Assuming you get good RNG, since giants aren't even guaranteed to spawn.

It's a bit strange to me that people here on the forums seem to really dislike world hopping. Stuff like ruins regeneration and world regrowth is entirely unnecessary, and I'd argue it even goes against the theme of DS, since you've always been able to go through the teleportato and get a fresh world full of resources and 3 more ruins. If you're really attached to your RoG world, you can even use the SW teleportato to only regen SW, the volcano, and RoG's caves and ruins.

4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I like that the ancient guardian can be consistently killed for horns at any time, but still requires some knowledge of the game and a bit of skill. If any boss needs their drops added to the oddities shop, in my opinion, it's the Sealnado. They're the last boss that you can only obtain 1 set of loot from every year... Assuming you get good RNG, since giants aren't even guaranteed to spawn.

It's a bit strange to me that people here on the forums seem to really dislike world hopping. Stuff like ruins regeneration and world regrowth is entirely unnecessary, and I'd argue it even goes against the theme of DS, since you've always been able to go through the teleportato and get a fresh world full of resources and 3 more ruins. If you're really attached to your RoG world, you can even use the SW teleportato to only regen SW, the volcano, and RoG's caves and ruins.

guardian ins't renewable in DS tho... unless you mean teleportato

If you megabase teleportato is a pain...

and if your main base is RoG u cannot renew ruins via teleportato cuz all your energy went into making you megabase pretty and you don't want to loose your hard work.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

and if your main base is RoG u cannot renew ruins via teleportato cuz all your energy went into making you megabase pretty and you don't want to loose your hard work.

Please read my reply again:

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

If you're really attached to your RoG world, you can even use the SW teleportato to only regen SW, the volcano, and RoG's caves and ruins.

8 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Please read my reply again:

I did...but when u link a SW and RoG (this is your megabase) world to each other you cannot link a third RoG world for farming ruins dude. The caves are attached to the RoG world so I really don't get your point... Care to explain what you mean?

Or u mean to farm another SW world connected to a RoG taking all cave/ruins resources then to SW, link it to your megabase, rinse repeat?

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Care to explain what you mean?

Sorry, I wasn't being very clear. Whenever you world hop in a SW world, it will regenerate every "layer" (SW, volcano, all 3 caves and all 3 ruins) except for RoG. This means that world hopping in SW will allow you to get a new set of caves and ruins, while your RoG world's surface is completely untouched.

This has been in the game for years, since the Seaworthy was enabled in SW iirc, so it's likely either intentional or a bug that's ascended to feature.

Imagine if Klei was to implement a feature that would allow players to merge multiple of the same DLC. As in, having multiple RoG worlds linked together, so that if you wanted to have one master world, you wouldn't have to world hop to get more Horns.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Sorry, I wasn't being very clear. Whenever you world hop in a SW world, it will regenerate every "layer" (SW, volcano, all 3 caves and all 3 ruins) except for RoG. This means that world hopping in SW will allow you to get a new set of caves and ruins, while your RoG world's surface is completely untouched.

This has been in the game for years, since the Seaworthy was enabled in SW iirc, so it's likely either intentional or a bug that's ascended to feature.

3 caves?

ok... I understand that SW generates a new set of layers containing RoG content... same Hamlet tbh, but that doesn't change the fact that if you merge your Rog (megabase) with another SW world, you cannot generate a second set of ruins you can access directly from SW cuz u need to be in RoG to access ruins.

I think that the exploit u mention that every time you merge a RoG with a sw world the caves will reset the caves was patched a while ago.

edit... here same RoG ruins after merging with SW (no more exploit) Check that the Cave's map is intact after merging!20190402213135_1.thumb.jpg.558c9bf6bfc6cfff7916e05509901a35.jpg

20190402213131_1.thumb.jpg.bafaa8456f2db48e958e299fb1682076.jpg20190402213150_1.thumb.jpg.a90c6e9a8bbf3c8fc90a8d9457161a50.jpg20190402213322_1.thumb.jpg.37b8b9b423ab04e2d49b4d916ded7fba.jpg20190402213415_1.thumb.jpg.a08bb88575e3fe0921a92b26f08d98fd.jpg20190402213428_1.jpg20190402213455_1.thumb.jpg.662bb31833e0abb9b3bf2ca6904665c3.jpg

9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think that the exploit u mention that every time you merge with a RoG with a sw world the caves will reset was patched a while ago.

Let me simplify what I'm saying down to the part that's relevant:

If you world hop in SW, it will regenerate your caves and ruins. It won't generate a SW world with "RoG content", it will actually regenerate your caves and ruins in your already existing RoG world. This can be done over and over, with the same SW and RoG worlds.

21 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Let me simplify what I'm saying down to the part that's relevant:

If you world hop in SW, it will regenerate your caves and ruins. It won't generate a SW world with "RoG content", it will actually regenerate your caves and ruins in your already existing RoG world. This can be done over and over, with the same SW and RoG worlds.

it got patched patched!!! scroll up!! no more caves regen after merging with SW

what actually happened before the patch was that the new "ruins" from the RoG content inside SW replaced the old RoG caves but that was patched a long time ago...

I think they release this patch by the time they patched the waves in SW

edit---

[Game Update] - 193193

Survival worlds now correctly retain their RoG or Vanilla season data when merging with a Shipwrecked world.

I think that's the one

Archived