[Game Update] - 319878

4 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Not quite.

- Enter that password.

- !Don't press enter!

- Click the CHECK CODE button.

- Now it should have added the interior beta to the drop down above the password field. Select the hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the dropdown and click Close

Whoops, thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

Vortex Cloak has a sanity drain rate of 20 a minute. Maxwell's dapper enough that he can wear it with no drain and potentially use it forever.

Also, while the ambient sound it constantly makes while wearing it is cool, it's waaaaay too loud and overpowers most sounds in the game including music. Perhaps lower the volume?

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Merged crafting is proof that God exists and he loves us.

Thank you Klei.

EDIT: Also I just realized this is a sweet buff for Wilbur as he can now establish a monkey army in any DLC. Time to go to the Ruins and pit ape against ape. Woodlegs should be able to craft Lucky Hats without having to go back to SW as well now. Can anyone else think of some character buffs resulting from this?

EDIT 2: Oh my God man, I just imagined something monstrous and beautiful...

...Build a house in the Ruins.

The ramifications of this are endless. Hell, my new endgame goal is conquering the entirety of the Ruins and spreading light to all corners with the power of lampposts. I'll bring in metric tons of turf from SW and RoG and terraform the entire place.

I'm absolutely amazed at this update, My 1 wish for the game finally realized! thanks klei!

20190329153114_1.thumb.jpg.7259d1424f29d921f44ffcc2cf51422e.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:16 PM, Jason said:

Latest patch here with an invitation to beta test some new features. 

We’ve been working on improving performance and have a few changes that should make things better. This should particularly help with severe lag in interiors. But some of the backend changes are larger than we are comfortable to just deploy. We have set up a beta branch that people can go to and help us test out the changes. 

An added benefit of some of the changes, is that the interior system has opened up to the other worlds, not just Hamlet worlds. So if you bring the Key to the City, you can build a pig city in the forest or even on a tropical island. I’m sure there’s some interactions with all this stuff we haven’t predicted yet, so having some more people playing with it will be helpful. 

We’ve also put player craftable doors in the home decor tab. Once you’ve build a door in your house, you can use a Construction Permit on it to create an attached room.

To access the beta branch:

• Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue. 
  • Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button.
  • Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down.
  • Your game will then update to the new beta branch. 

This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game.  You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() 
Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. 

You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

Thank you in advance for everyone who heads in there to play. We plan to run the beta for 2 weeks if everything runs as planned.

@Jasoncould you pls pin this? (for the interiors beta info pls)

Edited by FreyaMaluk