[Game Update] - 319878

• Developer

Latest patch here with an invitation to beta test some new features. 

We’ve been working on improving performance and have a few changes that should make things better. This should particularly help with severe lag in interiors. But some of the backend changes are larger than we are comfortable to just deploy. We have set up a beta branch that people can go to and help us test out the changes. 

An added benefit of some of the changes, is that the interior system has opened up to the other worlds, not just Hamlet worlds. So if you bring the Key to the City, you can build a pig city in the forest or even on a tropical island. I’m sure there’s some interactions with all this stuff we haven’t predicted yet, so having some more people playing with it will be helpful. 

We’ve also put player craftable doors in the home decor tab. Once you’ve build a door in your house, you can use a Construction Permit on it to create an attached room.

To access the beta branch:

• Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue. 
  • Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button.
  • Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down.
  • Your game will then update to the new beta branch. 

This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game.  You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() 
Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. 

You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

Thank you in advance for everyone who heads in there to play. We plan to run the beta for 2 weeks if everything runs as planned.

Regular Patch Notes: 319878

New Features:

• New craftable Vortex Cloak added. You'll need to find a blueprint.

Tuning:

• Cost of Root Trunk change, + 1 Flytrap stalk.

Bug Fixes:

• Houndius Shootius doesn't lose its base anymore when placed in an interior
  • Spawn player skeleton in right interior when player dies and gets resurrected
  • Jellyfish Jerky doesn’t show up as floating in water anymore when dropped on the ground
  • Fixed Ball Pein Hammer durability loss inconsistency when using spacebar
  • Fixed missing crafting description for The Sty Oddities Emporium
  • Lily Pads now show the correct examination text
  • The Collector Pig no longer accepts idols for trade.
  • Florist does not ask for Plop anymore
  • Fixed examination strings for Queen Malfalfa
  • Fixed punctuation in Wormwood's character description
  • Hammering a spoiled fish in inventory drops loot now
  • Fixed a number of prefabs that were plantable on water where they shouldn’t
  • Perishable items that rot in an interior now properly spawn rot in that interior
  • Fixed multiple pig scepters showing up in the world.
  • Added sounds to the Aporkalypse Clock
  • All blueprints from the tinker shop can be learned in Hamlet

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

An added benefit of some of the changes, is that the interior system has opened up to the other worlds, not just Hamlet worlds. So if you bring the Key to the City, you can build a pig city in the forest or even on a tropical island. I’m sure there’s some interactions with all this stuff we haven’t predicted yet, so having some more people playing with it will be helpful

YES!! 

I love you Klei

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vortex Cloak blueprint drops from the Ancient Herald, alongside several of a new material needed to make it.

It's a chest slot item that rapidly drains sanity when worn, has 8 extra inventory slots like a backpack and seems to completely protect you from damage like the bone armor. Only loses durability when taking hits, and can be recharged with nightmare fuel.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE MERGED CRAFTING THAT IS POSSIBLE NOW??? JUST GO TO THE DLC OF YOUR CHOICE< PROTOTYPE ANYTHING YOU WANT< AND THEN IT IS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE!!!! :)

Yup. Looks like they added everything to everywhere. This update is actually quite massive. Wortox stole all the hype.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE MERGED CRAFTING THAT IS POSSIBLE NOW??? JUST GO TO THE DLC OF YOUR CHOICE< PROTOTYPE ANYTHING YOU WANT< AND THEN IT IS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE!!!! :)

wait... does this mean I can get my firepit?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

Can someone explain to me simply how to access the beta branch

Right click Don't Starve in your library. Click properties. Click on the beta tab. Where it says "enter beta access code" copy / paste "dsinteriorbeta ". wait for it to update, and enjoy!

• Like 1

• Developer

Not quite.

- Enter that password.

- !Don't press enter!

- Click the CHECK CODE button.

- Now it should have added the interior beta to the drop down above the password field. Select the hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the dropdown and click Close

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Merged crafting is proof that God exists and he loves us.

Thank you Klei.

EDIT: Also I just realized this is a sweet buff for Wilbur as he can now establish a monkey army in any DLC. Time to go to the Ruins and pit ape against ape. Woodlegs should be able to craft Lucky Hats without having to go back to SW as well now. Can anyone else think of some character buffs resulting from this?

EDIT 2: Oh my God man, I just imagined something monstrous and beautiful...

...Build a house in the Ruins.

The ramifications of this are endless. Hell, my new endgame goal is conquering the entirety of the Ruins and spreading light to all corners with the power of lampposts. I'll bring in metric tons of turf from SW and RoG and terraform the entire place.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Merged crafting is proof that God exists and he loves us.

Thank you Klei.

EDIT: Also I just realized this is a sweet buff for Wilbur as he can now establish a monkey army in any DLC. Time to go to the Ruins and pit ape against ape. Woodlegs should be able to craft Lucky Hats without having to go back to SW as well now. Can anyone else think of some character buffs resulting from this?

Woodlegs having sealegs on the pond and the possibility of a pond base

Wormwood with easy access to honey and scalemails in hamlet

2 hours ago, Hx380 said:

Woodlegs having sealegs on the pond and the possibility of a pond base

I hope he likes getting constantly bitten by mosquitos

5 hours ago, Jason said:

The Collector Pig no longer accepts idols for trade.

Mostly a great update/betabut this change is bumming me out. The only shop that you can trade in idols at is the museum/academy, and it’s not craftable.

Edited by Rellimarual