QoL Upgrade Mk 3 Now Open For Testing! [320058]

The new "slimelung" is different. It hits hard, that's ok for me.
Infected by breathing PO - 6 cycles reduce status - no mess table researched at that point - researched  mess table for medbay, then sick dupe for 6 cycles in medbay.
Recieving care speeds up healing by 30% but lasts 0.3 cycles.
A bit different then before, not bad but different.
What happens when it's a dupe with high morale needs and it stays in medbay all cycle long, is stress raising, or is it balanced?

• Thanks 1

@Kley
What is the point of the whole new job system (or however you want to call it now)? how will it improve the game or my gaming experience? Did nobody make those questions to themselves in your team? This was just a complete and utter waste of developing time. I bet it was just to make the game more gamey,

I am sincerely disappointed in this update, release is just a couple of months away, and you haven't fixed what is broken, and haven't added the stuff that was supposed to be on this particular game that is near release date.

Good luck with the DLC.

• Like 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, ROlya said:

Why... why... why... would you change the automation input by one tile on some machinery? Didn't notice it right away and now the base is nearly ruined.

But I guess it's time to start a new one! Love you Klei!

This sounds like a bug. If there's any in particular you're aware of, please let us know in this thread or in the Bug Reports!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, melquiades said:

@Kley
What is the point of the whole new job system (or however you want to call it now)? how will it improve the game or my gaming experience? Did nobody make those questions to themselves in your team? This was just a complete and utter waste of developing time. I bet it was just to make the game more gamey,

I am sincerely disappointed in this update, release is just a couple of months away, and you haven't fixed what is broken, and haven't added the stuff that was supposed to be on this particular game that is near release date.

Good luck with the DLC.

+ 1 

for me its looks strange:

1) game mechanics - no change (-)

2) skill - change that not change nothing exept mouse click point ? ok we cant use all skills - but its change only late game and really not change overall strategy (-)

3) new building - nothing special - no new game exp ice maker / hydrofun is very minor impact to game (-)

4) conveior / steam  improvments - ok its logical (+)

5) medicine - maybe ok - need to test, in QoL2 its too easy - maybe now it add some challenge (+)

6) new content (biomes / critters / story / ets) - nothing..... (------)

I am really disappointed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakery said:

-snip-

6) new content (biomes / critters / story / ets) - nothing..... (------)

They didn't promise any biomes or critters for this QOL, they promised them for RELEASE, so that way there would be content in the release update

• Like 2

• Developer

Also, I'd like to clarify:

"Insulated storages" isn't a new building, it means that now several of the existing buildings will prevent world temperature transfer with the items they contain. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

Recieving care speeds up healing by 30% but lasts 0.3 cycles.
A bit different then before, not bad but different.

but is 30% worth the dup time of a doctor.  I mean 4.8 vs 6 cycles compared to losing likely more than that for your doctor?

14 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Also, I'd like to clarify:

"Insulated storages" isn't a new building, it means that now several of the existing buildings will prevent world temperature transfer with the items they contain. Sorry for the confusion.

if that includes regular compactors, that would be huge auxiliary impact to game play 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chemie said:

but is 30% worth the dup time of a doctor.  I mean 4.8 vs 6 cycles compared to losing likely more than that for your doctor?

They'll also be able to make medicine, which will further increase the rate of recovery (presumably).

1 hour ago, tHe_silent_H said:

They didn't promise any biomes or critters for this QOL, they promised them for RELEASE, so that way there would be content in the release update

ok

so we wait for another beta stages before release?

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

has anyone figured out which ones?

The new automation-port placement on the Aquatuner (bottom left now vs top-right previously) breaks my existing designs, ones that I can't open up / get into with dupes anymore to adapt without an extreme amount of effort.

I'm not sure why this decision was made and if it's an important one, but if at all possible I'd like to see that reverted or at least approached with a compatibility-version like the new steam turbine.

@Ipsquiggle

Just in case you guys missed these important bug reports, here is the current infinity exploit race. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2