Music thread

Tapirus

Okay, after WAY too much time, I have finally finished: My '70s playlist!

70s Songs--Chronologically By Year

Arranged, as I do all of these, strictly in as close to the order they came out as I can, usually not only by year but by at least month if not exact day of that year.  (This is partly why these chronological playlists take so long to make--it involves a lot of looking stuff up and writing down notes first.  The other reason, of course, is that I go through occasional months of "don't feel like it" and flake off for a while partway through.) 

I put them in order to hear how the trends and styles of music evolved over that decade--and how the real-world attitudes were changing as well.  This way, you can (eventually) go from soft folk, gritty hard rock and trucker country to disco, punk and new wave in their proper times, rather than those jumbled "decade here" collections where they just kinda toss everything together. (Said jumbled lists may or may not have been my "Oh, YEAH?!" inspiration for doing these in the first place.  : P)  It makes kind of a time capsule of the decade itself, in music form.  :)

This is a HONKING huge playlist, so here are seperate lists for each year to help you break it down into (slightly) more manageable chunks:

If you can think of it and it's from this decade, chances are it's here (or another song by the same group, maybe).  Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, David Bowie, Blondie, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, the Carpenters, Captain and Tennille, Lynyrd Skynrd, the Ramones, Kiss...yep, all here.  Silly one-hit wonders? We got those.  Meme songs?  Yes, at least a few ("SWEEEET HOME, ALABAMA!" is from 1974, after all).  And of course, a decent smattering of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack.

Enjoy old faves again, learn new ones, find out "Oh THAT'S what that song is called!" or just laugh at my taste--whichever way you choose to listen to this playlist, I hope it provides a fun retro soundtrack for the upcoming summer.

Have a Nice Day!  :)

...Notorious

Omori has one of the best OSTS I've ever heard 

containing a whopping 179 songs, this game's music barely gets old and so memorable 

but out of all the "tussle among trees" and "alters" one of my favorite songs has to be GLADE

GLADE is one of the horror songs of Omori but it is used so miraculously in it's segment that it invokes straight up fear and discomfort 

Spoiler

now asides from GLADE, you might ask what other songs I like from Omori

well one of my personal favorite battle themes has to be JAWBREAKER, its just a really fun song

Spoiler

other than JAWBREAKER, one of my other favorite battle themes is BREADY STEADY GO

Spoiler

and my favorite battle theme has to be ALTER, honestly nothing can top this disgustingly creepy, somber sad music as you fight the final boss

Spoiler

now, other than battle themes, you might ask what other music is my favorite. well, I do really like DEAR LITTLE BROTHER, the song does it's job greatly with sounding nice and real but still managing to sound weird, like there's something wrong 

Spoiler

and don't get me started on CLEAN SLATE, while everyone always say they cried to FINAL DUET, I'm over here crying because of CLEAN SLATE, this song man, its honestly so amazing, the song plays in one of the ending scenes telling you that you've finally done it and overcame everything that happened and when I listen to this song, I do legitimately have to hold in my tears

Spoiler

and of course, there's MY TIME, I wish I could give my opinion on it but I would end up spoiling a part of the game. all I can really say is that I can't believe OMOCAT has the audacity to play this song during the part where it was played, still a good song tho

Spoiler

I also really like HANGING WITH THE BOYS, this song is great, its played after one of the major horror segments of Omori and it just invokes this sense of calmness, like you're safe and don't have to worry about the scary stuff for a while.

Spoiler

as for area themes, my favorite is either STARDUST DIVING or THE LAST RESORT

Spoiler

Spoiler

ok, I just realized that I forgot one of the best battle themes in the game, CHAOS ASSEMBELY, this song is wacky and I think that's why I like it

Spoiler

and I also forgot about IT MEANS EVERYTHING, I know I'm just saying song after song but Omori just genuinely has such an amazing soundtrack and this song is so amazing for the part it's played in

Spoiler

and last but definitely not least has to be NUMBERS, this song just provides a sense of discomfort like no other and again, I've said this a lot, but the part at which it is played is amazing

Spoiler

ok, I'm done, if you actually took time to listen and enjoyed the music, I recommend checking out the full OST as it is filled to the brim with amazing music and hey, maybe you should check out Omori huh, I tell you, you will not regret it

anyways I love this OST so much that I'm actually planning to buy the physical disc from the OMOCAT merch store. I've never bought merch for something I like before but I love Omori so much that I just have to buy the merch for the game(I'll most probably make a post when I do buy the merch)

anyways if you read all this, and listened to all the music, well thank you, I hope you enjoyed the music and I hope that the music might encourage you to play the MASTERPIECE that is Omori

ok, have a good day

I’m listening to my favorite song In the air tonight – Judith Hill. It’s the soundtrack from the series "Little fires everywhere". I just love this song. When I hear it, I immediately relax, disconnect from the outside world. I don't know how it works, before that no soundtrack from the movie or series affected me like that. Sometimes I want to watch this series again just because there is this song.

13 hours ago, coconut00 said:

I’m listening to my favorite song In the air tonight – Judith Hill. It’s the soundtrack from the series "Little fires everywhere". I just love this song. When I hear it, I immediately relax, disconnect from the outside world. I don't know how it works, before that no soundtrack from the movie or series affected me like that. Sometimes I want to watch this series again just because there is this song.

that's neat

are there any songs that make you cry?

I'm a music lover. My playlist can include Polish rap, Miley Cyrus, Ramstein and Vivaldi. I don't understand how it can be that I like so many different compositions, but that's the reality. I try not to show anyone my musical tastes, especially its dark sides. So when I'm asked to turn on songs on my phone at parties, I say that my battery is running low, or that I have nothing, or that I've deleted everything. I come up with excuses so that only people don't look at me like I'm crazy.

Some arting background music:

(8bit) System Of A Down - Kill rock and roll

Spoiler

AM2R: Flooded Complex

Spoiler

Feryquitous - Sheriruth

Spoiler

Feryquitous - Dstorv ALCA

Spoiler

Singin' In The Rain (TRAP REMIX)

Spoiler

...bye2 is...an interesting character.

bye2 - Infinite Isopod

Spoiler

bye2 - Wheel of Fate

Spoiler

im goin to show (whats show but hear?) something good, like, video game musik i got saved, good too, maybe you know about it, maybe you dont, anyways lets hear it

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

that sould be good for now, maybe next time i will do more game musik, or just something other musik

5 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

Also someone tell me how to put the full thumbnail on your post instead of the link, maybe I sound dumb idk

Youtube and Soundcloud links automatically make a thumbnail; not sure if there are others.

I sort my music with a few different systems.
One is by vibe.

Untitled.png.f572d356ed5151fd72db9ef6bd8f0097.png

tiasu - Gravity Fed

Spoiler

Drayx - Empress of Light Theme [Remix]

Spoiler

Answearing Machine - It Go

Spoiler

1:25 is the part I'm here for.

This video is 20k views from nuclear implosion:

Spoiler

Let me give a forewarning, this song is in French, but I love this song! 

This song I love, I listen to it EVERY DAY!!!

I LOVE watching Warriors MAPs (Multiple Animator Projects) and this one is too good; the animation is great and it's also the song (it's in French too)

Here's another one, I love all of these MAPs, they make me smile
(Cw: Blood and animated dead cats are in this video, do not watch if sensitive to either of those, viewer discretion is advised)
Listen to all at once and it sounds like an argument

this time im goin to make you listen to video game musik, but this time its from lesser known games, 1 of them so unknowing, that givin the name into any search bar will give you results that makes no sense at all, meaning i cant make you listen to 1 song i would have liked to share, and i dont think i can post the soundtrack you can buy from steam here, dont think thats allowed, so im goin to make you listen to other musik from a bit more known games that people uploaded musik for

musik from a game that has a shadow rook look alike in it

Spoiler

good musik from a game that has some sort of nightmare theme

Spoiler

musik that plays when you punch the empire

Spoiler

game musik that is somehow more known then the game i was more or less talkin about that is on steam, this here is not on steam at all, and is more known that you can find it more or less, even if its super rare, kind of sad if you think about

Spoiler

musik from a video game series that is kind of known, but not this game from that series, thanks japan only mmo

Spoiler

wonder what next i sould post in here, maybe next time i post here, somehow that 1 game i was talkin about is more known, and you can actualy find it, but not now, now its time to listen to this rare stuff

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE JOURNEY BAND THEY'RE AMAZING

Oh Sherrie (Steve Perry solo)

Spoiler

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Spoiler

Stone in Love

Spoiler

Wheel in the Sky

Spoiler

Who's Crying Now?

Spoiler

Any way you want it

Spoiler

Don't Stop Believing

Spoiler

Lights

Spoiler

so im goin to show you musik that is hard to find, some video game musik, so hard to find, i of all people needed to upload them, oh and besides how it may look like for you, i dit not make this game and had no part of it workin on it, and i say that, because someone dit got confused and asumed i dit this, and the only thing i dit to the game was being the only one makin fan arts for it, and uploading the good musik of it on youtube, and i will show you my favourits now

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

so thats good things yes?

On 1/20/2022 at 6:31 PM, NightfallsCurse said:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE JOURNEY BAND THEY'RE AMAZING

Oh Sherrie (Steve Perry solo)

Reveal hidden contents

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Reveal hidden contents

Stone in Love

Reveal hidden contents

Wheel in the Sky

Reveal hidden contents

Who's Crying Now?

Reveal hidden contents

Any way you want it

Reveal hidden contents

Don't Stop Believing

Reveal hidden contents

Lights

Reveal hidden contents

YES!  (high-fives)  Finally, someone on this thread names music I not only know, but love!  I've loved Journey's music ever since I was a little kid. Is it cheesy? Yes.  But is it awesome?  ALSO yes.

If you like that kind of music in general, you might like my chronological '70s playlist on YouTube, and I'm working on an '80s one.  (That'll take the longest to make, as that's my fave decade so I'm going to have to hold myself back from just putting WAY too many songs.) 

Yeah, it's shameless self-promotion,but this genuinely seems like someone who might like this, y'know?

...Notorious

Archived