Wortox Arrives March 28th!

23 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

don't worry i believe his update will be after Willow or Wendy or Wes

huummmm I donno

WINONA HUUUMMMM...?

Yeah, I think that Willow and Woodie are the two characters most in need of some attention, really looking forward to see what Klei will do with them!

1 hour ago, Raspberry Shake said:

WHY IS NOBODY PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO THIS GUY

I'm moreso wondering if he was a normal human before, given that one of the skins is 'The Uncorrupted'.

I wonder how souls are handled exactly. Like, if it's an automatic thing like Wigfrid's healing. Different sizes of souls if so?
since they have health, do wes balloons dropped souls
I'd think they considered that since he's in the trailer preview, but maybe it's still worth mentioning

18 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

I'm moreso wondering if he was a normal human before, given that one of the skins is 'The Uncorrupted'.

I wonder how souls are handled exactly. Like, if it's an automatic thing like Wigfrid's healing. Different sizes of souls if so?
since they have health, do wes balloons dropped souls
I'd think they considered that since he's in the trailer preview, but maybe it's still worth mentioning

I'd love balloon souls as a joke thing. Like you can collect them but they don't actually do anything. :wilson_ecstatic:

I already have a "challenge" run for him :o《Do a world without ever eating a soul》

I would call this challenge "soul-vegan" 

With the 1/2 food filling characteristic it could be fun for experience player to try it. 

Just imagine the food ressource a full server of vegan Wortox would need. xD

so if there are skins for wortox, then can we get his skin drops while still not having the character or do we have to have him before we recieve skin drops, or are his skins just not able to come from drops? (if this question hasn't already been answered)

God, the internet just can't be pleased, can it?
First, we're angry cuz Wor's late
Now, we're angry because the pricing's bad, the pricing's too cheap, the perks are boring, the perks are OP, the design looks furry, the design doesn't--

I'd like to fangirl a bit, so I'm going to

-6 days till update, not even a week, baby

-Wortox looks different, hell, he might be too furry-like for ya, but you gotta say, the devs are really showing that there's no such thing as a "template" character, everyone's weird, and although this one's a new kind of weird, it's still DS

-2700 SPOOL, BABY, that's like, really cheap. I appreciate the consideration for the players who can't put much money in, although I'll prolly end up buying the chest, because you're all worth it <3

-Three Skins, outta nowhere, and they even sound cool, like Minotaur and Uncorrupted, I love it

-HE'S A HEALER, and I'll play him as such, imagine the following
Wigfrid, Wolfgang and WX are kiting the Misery Shroom
things are looking dire
SUDDENLY, A GARLAND+MARBLE SUIT CLAD DOGGOAT TELEPORTS IN THE FRAY
HE HEALS EVERYONE, AND TELEPORTS AWAY
Misery could even win that battle, the scene alone is enough

-His main passive already has exclusive strats, and that's what makes a character interesting for me. If you ever feel like you miss a character's mechanics and exclusives, that's when you know Klei has hit the jackpot with balancing. They made Winona more appealing and unique, and they seem to be on a roll for this one, because that dog is fire

-Dedicated short, which alongside the two extra skins, more than compensate for the late-march release
I'm an artist, and I understand how much of a pain it can be to conceptualize and convey certain characteristics through image only, and how much of a general pain animating is

so... yeah, mad props to the devs for the solid character, and for the incredible amount of content being added in such a relatively short amount of time.

7 hours ago, Bluckles said:

its a single character, not a whole nother world like SW or Hamlet... If i wanted a new character, i'd go to the workshop.

they are only charging said much amount because they are practically giving new biomes and other stuff for free

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

wortox_wallpaper_available_en.png

sc07.jpg

Cuteness overload. I'm digging Wortox and will look forward to his release. I'm guessing Wes is going to get spooked by Wortox and hurt by something else that was actually stalking him or something he flees into. Wortox will kill it and use the soul to mend the scared Wes's wound. Then Wes takes his new demon dog goat friend back to base to meet the others. Best buds for endless life.

he is. so cute. Will protect. And also cry because I definitely don't have anywhere near the spools to unlock anytime soon

Wonder what the heck the story behind him is though?? Maybe it's another Webber situation or he got cursed by Them or something. Hm.

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I don't want to judge him too harshly before we can learn more about him, but something seems a little off about the whole soul consuming/manipulation concept. I dunno. It just seems a little out of place in DS/T to me.

basically vampire charm from BoI:AB+

26 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I don't want to judge him too harshly before we can learn more about him, but something seems a little off about the whole soul consuming/manipulation concept. I dunno. It just seems a little out of place in DS/T to me.

Well I mean... there are only so many perks about cutting trees, fighting or crafting.

With every character Klei'll have to think of more and more perks that fit the character, the game's ambiance and the gameplay.

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

People are saying that Wortox is the furry representation for the game. but wasn't that already achieved with webber. I mean I'm just going by what e621 tells me.

I never saw Webber as the furry. People joked about it, but honestly weren't too serious about it. 
Wortox here is like, full on furry.
That's not bad, but it's certainly a step above Webber.
And Wilbur would be the OG furry in this situation. 

45 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

How is that any different from condensed nightmares that cause people to leave their fleshy mortal bodies? 

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

How is that any different from condensed nightmares that cause people to leave their fleshy mortal bodies? 

Spoiler

Don't forget Wilson cutting himself.
Trailer, boios. 
Shadows are a good example, also subtly hinting at the mass ancient race genocide. 

Aside from this, I think it might be really interesting. I'm excited to see how it'd work! 

Archived