Wortox Arrives March 28th!

I mean, im not really happy with the almost fursuit-aesthetic, but hey, WInona's portrait is a bit (HooH) in comparison to her sprite, so im hoping Wortox's in-game sprite looks different, and more demon-like.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Unfortunately for Wortox, his body craves Souls. Food is only ½ as sustaining.

This actually sounds like a proper downside. Unlike Winona's 'loses hunger because reasons,' this perk is actually trying to drastically modify the character's playstyle, i.e. relying on souls for hunger/abilities. 

Obviously this could change when the character releases, but for now, I'm looking forward to it. :)

3 hours ago, JoeW said:
  • Wortox teleports a short distance.

Omae wa mou...

Nah but he seems like he'll be a good choice for us benevolent public server nomads, with an early game exploration tool and a direct way of helping nubs.

Nisu.

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Here are his details: (Some details may change before launch but this is what we are expecting.)

• Wortox catches the Souls of creatures that die around him.
  • Souls can be used for the following abilities:
    • Wortox can eat delicious souls (then loses some sanity).
    • Wortox teleports a short distance.
    • Release Souls to heal nearby allies.
  • Unfortunately for Wortox, his body craves Souls. Food is only ½ as sustaining.
  • Wortox can be overloaded with Souls, causing him to drop them and lose sanity.
  • Wortox is less afraid of monsters.

Will Wortox have more insulation during the Winter?

Y’know

Cause he’s a doggy demon.

28 minutes ago, NeddoFreddo said:

This actually sounds like a proper downside. Unlike Winona's 'loses hunger because reasons,' this perk is actually trying to drastically modify the character's playstyle, i.e. relying on souls for hunger/abilities. 

Obviously this could change when the character releases, but for now, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Since consuming souls will also deplete some sanity, I believe that what the good folks over at Klei we're aiming was for players to find a balanced diet between said souls and actual food, which I think seems like a really cool idea! Looking forward to giving it a try!

27 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

Since consuming souls will also deplete some sanity, I believe that what the good folks over at Klei we're aiming was for players to find a balanced diet between said souls and actual food, which I think seems like a really cool idea! Looking forward to giving it a try!

I'm concerned they are just doubling the amount of food you get, yet halving it's effectiveness, netting to zero

I'm hoping they left something out

2 hours ago, 1v0 said:

This is interesting, I think he is from another world and came to the constant(DST world). Now it will be interesting to see the short animation,we might visit his world at some point (maybe even April dunno). If they show his world that is... Never the less this is really interesting. I will sure get him.

WHY IS NOBODY PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO THIS GUY

1 minute ago, reverentsatyr said:

.... until Wortox comes and pops his balloons and piggy, murders Wes, and devours his soul.

I swear to god if that happens I'm going to legit cry and I don't care who judges me for it.

Protecc this precious bab. He is too pure for this sinful world.

When we will have more buyable character, can we test characters for free in daily/weekly/monthly rotation or just on official Klei servers? I want to test character before buy and option with test on Klei servers sounds really good.

17 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I swear to god if that happens I'm going to legit cry and I don't care who judges me for it.

Protecc this precious bab. He is too pure for this sinful world.

It would be interesting if Wortox could collect other player's souls as special "character" souls though. I think that he would flat out refuse to eat them, but maybe they could be used to help revive them somehow? Like a special version of the telltale heart that uses the character soul in place of the 40 self damage to craft?

2 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I’m so happy that Wortox has finally been given a release date. Pretty sure everyone is lol.

But I do wish he still had his demon tail.

It's an interesting design choice. Makes him seem softer as a character, whereas the pointy demon tail is more intimidating.

I for one am glad they moved away from the naked-red-monkey-man look that his oldest design had.

2 hours ago, MegaEdu133 said:

Thank you, guys! ❤️

And don't forget my Woodie, please! #WoodieNeedsLove

don't worry i believe his update will be after Willow or Wendy or Wes

1 hour ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

What do until then?

huummmm I donno

WINONA HUUUMMMM...?

Archived