Wortox Arrives March 28th!

I think he's adorable, and sounds very interesting to play

i don't see the Furry thing, those are usually over stylized with overly humanoid anatomy too. He just looks like a hairy demon xD

Several questions!

Minotaur and uncorrupted? Are these new collections or different names for existing collections? (Like how Maxwell's triumphant is "untriumphant")

Will Winona stuff stay for sale and be weavable forever? Same goes for Wortox stuff.

And if we weave Wortox will we get a discount on buying a Wortox chest if we wanted to spend money on it? Since we'd be paying for the skins only because we already have the character.

Will Wortox be treated on the same level as skins are? IE completely compiled behind DYN files and unusable in offline mode?

10 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

his upsides sound disappointing. sure, we don't know how wortox will perform in-game but i'm sure he'll be another wilson with weak upsides.

He can teleport and eat souls that comes from literally anything. He seems like a decent character

not gonna lie i reaaaally dislike what the new wortox design looks like its gonna be. It's too furry. It's like, if Wortox was a scale between dog and demon, the demon part of the scale has 1 feather on it and the dog part of the scale has a 10 ton dang weight on it. I hate it so much. eugh.

Very cute design, but that "Recieves 50% less from food" seems to force a pretty arbitrary playstyle, if his souls are gonna be the compensation.

I would do that eating a soul will do that the next eaten food will give 100% hunger, like usual, so the usual food gathering grind is the same, except with the requirement of souls. 

We have only seen Wortox on paper but I am still excited to see him in-game

1 minute ago, SkylordElberich said:

I mean, I guess, but you didn't have to use... the 'V' word.

To me the "V word" is the root of the words devour, omnivore, carnivore, frugivore, etc. I forgot the internet ruins everything it touches . . .

1 minute ago, Angel_Octoling said:

This man, asking the real questions here.

This Octoling, showing the real mad respect here. :3

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Wortox would make a great fluffy doggo friend for Wendy & Webber

Love Is Stored Inside The Wortox

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Oh you know what? It would be rad if Wortox is from the Gorge area.

Meaning his Uncorrupted skin would make him a neat green color.

I was hoping he was a doggo that demonized in the Forge or a similar area, but that would be cool too. 

I can see Wortox being a juggler. Just happily juggling to entertain the survivors. Anyone else see that in his smile? 

49 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We will have a new Wortox animated short and more details on March 28th! 

Sorry that you have to wait a little longer. But for now to a tease for Wortox's animated short, please enjoy Wes peacefully napping by a tree.

sc07.jpg

I am SO SO PLEASED to see a short for Wortox also! Wow!

ALSO WES AHHHH I'VE WANTED TO SEE HIM IN A SHORT FOR SO LOOONG!

I hope this means we will be able to see more than 1 survivor in other future shorts. Would love to see them all interact more!

13 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

Very cute design, but that "Recieves 50% less from food" seems to force a pretty arbitrary playstyle, if his souls are gonna be the compensation.

I would do that eating a soul will do that the next eaten food will give 100% hunger, like usual, so the usual food gathering grind is the same, except with the requirement of souls. 

We have only seen Wortox on paper but I am still excited to see him in-game

I think we just have to wait and see how he behaves in the game before coming to conclusions, but if only his hunger stat is affected it would mean that you'd just need more "hunger sating" food to go around. Considering that food still heals him or restores sanity as usual, that is.

Basically in my mind and if what I said above is true, he's gonna be the meatball and the meaty stew king, traded for more mobility (teleport) and healing powers. And if food is scarce, you can just sacrifice sanity and survive killing things and eating their souls (early ruins rush anyone?) 

Doesn't sound bad at all.

Archived