Wortox Arrives March 28th!

40 minutes ago, Prajdo said:

Maybe others are going to get new "corrupted" skin set and since Wortox is corrupted already he's going to get "uncorrupted" skin just like was in the past with Max - "triumphant" and "untriumphant".

The Shadow Collection it's called "Triumphant" by one reason: how will look the character finishing the Adventure Mode in Don't Starve, under the effects of Shadow Throne.

Maxwell have "UnTriumphant" becuase he's already affected by the shadows.

1 hour ago, Prajdo said:

Maybe others are going to get new "corrupted" skin set and since Wortox is corrupted already he's going to get "uncorrupted" skin just like was in the past with Max - "triumphant" and "untriumphant".

no. the skinsets new with wortox are only his exclusives.

Just a theory about "corruption in the Constant" but what if.. Krampi are actually corrupted Goat-people via Nightmare Fuel influence and by extension "Them"?! We know Ancient Guardian was corrupted by Nightmare Cycles and we have a hint he might've been of the same race as RhinoBros from second Forge; plus we know Goat people could travel through their Gnaw portal. Fun lore-puzzle bits right there, heh. Also the Wortox short might explore that. Or, if what JoeW underlined is true, aka Wortox won't have a past-explaining trailer that builds up on existing lore, just some "and a devil popped into our world and is stuck with us" episode.. oh well, at least is more than how Winona was first introduced - aka "and suddenly a wild incognito Winona appeared". Waaaaait.. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Just a theory about "corruption in the Constant" but what if.. Krampi are actually corrupted Goat-people via Nightmare Fuel influence and by extension "Them"?! We know Ancient Guardian was corrupted by Nightmare Cycles and we have a hint he might've been of the same race as RhinoBros from second Forge; plus we know Goat people could travel through their Gnaw portal. Fun lore-puzzle bits right there, heh. Also the Wortox short might explore that. Or, if what JoeW underlined is true, aka Wortox won't have a past-explaining trailer that builds up on existing lore, just some "and a devil popped into our world and is stuck with us" episode.. oh well, at least is more than how Winona was first introduced - aka "and suddenly a wild incognito Winona appeared". Waaaaait.. :rolleyes:

We have seen corrupted goats before in the Gorge.

latest?cb=20180811160431

Sammy even refers to merms as being goats once

latest?cb=20180616234039  "Sammy was a goat before, like mum and I." latest?cb=20180616055248

"Been havin' odd cravings for fish lately. Hmf."

Maybe the corruption affect creatures differently depending where they are: Goats in the Gorge turned to Mermes and some goats turned into demon-like creatures in the Constant in DST? This is probs way out there, but what about this. Maybe a goat like Mumsy crossed the Gateway to DST and became Wortox?

"Billy and I'll follow soon behind."

latest?cb=20180616060109

This is probably a stretch, but it's kinda interesting to me the different concepts of "corruption" in the Constant and the Gateway parallel universes. 

How I imagine the first contact from Wortox and the others...

"Every time I naively think that the Constant has accustomed me to all sorts of horror and wonder, here comes something that promptly awakens in me a mixture of curiosity, perplexity and fear. I still don't know if I like this feeling.
Last night we dug up a strange creature in the quarries: he had a bipedal gait, like a man, but his nature is much more uncertain. It has goat-like hooves and a canine snout, two large horns on its head and a red accession skin. He has something demonic, he seems to have come out of a Dante circle.
He did not manifest hostile intentions, even though he speaks a language we do not understand. For now we let him stay in the niche where he lives, but I heard Higgsbury ask Wickerbottom if he could try to translate some of his words in the next few days. I would not be surprised if in the end we discovered that he is much smarter than us and that he can also speak English."

Fifteenth letter, Wendy Carter

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

at least is more than how Winona was first introduced - aka "and suddenly a wild incognito Winona appeared". Waaaaait.. :rolleyes:

Hmm .. Winona was introduced before in A New Reign content from the Ancient Fuelweaver... a frame in the Atrium Portal

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

We have seen corrupted goats before in the Gorge.

Sammy even refers to merms as being goats once

latest?cb=20180616234039  "Sammy was a goat before, like mum and I." latest?cb=20180616055248

That was Gnaw Corruption in Goats' native land/dimension. I was referring to Nightmare Fuel/"They" Corruption in the Constant - maybe NF corruption-process creates Krampi out of Goats same as Merms were created from Goats via Gnaw's influence/curse. Thus un-corrupted Wortox perhaps is a Goat too - pure speculation though.

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Hmm .. Winona was introduced before in A New Reign content from the Ancient Fuelweaver... a frame in the Atrium Portal

Hmmm.. was just a hazy image in said short. People speculated about Winona afterwords. Also no lore of any kind or explanation was given at mentioned time for Winona's arrival in Constant in any shape or form. Now, with her rework, we finally got a satisfying back-story probably with a healthy dose of retconning as well, heh.

11 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Now, with her rework, we finally got a satisfying back-story probably with a healthy dose of retconning as well, heh.

Bold of you to assume some of us can be satisfied.

I'm personally more interested in when/where she ended up in the Constant, and not so much how.

18 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm personally more interested in when/where she ended up in the Constant, and not so much how.

She shows up in the Forge and Gorge, so maybe we can infer that she thus showed up shortly before the survivors fixed the Atrium and got sucked into the other realms?

(Edit: It wouldn't make sense otherwise how she has dialogue implying she has indeed met and interacted with them if they were all already sucked up and away fighting Boarriors and feeding Gnawdon Ramsay)

And on where she got spawned into the Constant, I assume she just spawned in the portal as the other survivors did too in that comic of Wilson and Maxwell fixing the portal

On 23/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, watermelen671 said:

Hide contents

Your age is showing. :wilson_ecstatic:

Woow that was unnecessarily rude, and considering Pacman is even in smash bros I guess you don't play a lot of other games...

Anyway, Wortox looks interesting I was hoping for a "bad" character kinda like WX (using the other survivors to keep himself alive/achieving a goal) but a healer and good demon sounds fine. Can't wait to see its skins, great job as always Klei!

On 22/03/2019 at 5:19 PM, JoeW said:

wortox_wallpaper_available_en.png

Hey everybody. We're a little bit later than we had anticipated, but we wanted to let you know that first new character DLC will come to Don't Starve Together March 28th. 

Can we test the character before buy?

The normal skin of wortoxwe right now see is corupted version. They mentioned thet wortox will have skin noncorupted version maybe we see his real idenitity as who he was before goat people, maybe dog people,  or he was in another worl where was another kind of coruption. Bec goats had gnaw in their world who turned them into merm men and the gnaw even maybe existed in the world where we play right now bec when maxwell came to the world he said they were already there before him

6 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

That was Gnaw Corruption in Goats' native land/dimension. I was referring to Nightmare Fuel/"They" Corruption in the Constant - maybe NF corruption-process creates Krampi out of Goats same as Merms were created from Goats via Gnaw's influence/curse. Thus un-corrupted Wortox perhaps is a Goat too - pure speculation though.

Hmmm.. was just a hazy image in said short. People speculated about Winona afterwords. Also no lore of any kind or explanation was given at mentioned time for Winona's arrival in Constant in any shape or form. Now, with her rework, we finally got a satisfying back-story probably with a healthy dose of retconning as well, heh.

LOL... Ik the corrupter agent is different in each plane, but the main theme of corruption remains anyways. Besides, it doesn't make much sense that Krampus was a normal goat altered by NF or the nightmare cycle corruption cuz they aren't properly in contact with it. If that was the case, why can't we see more goat on the surface affected by it? Moreover, Krampus is a mob from the depths. 

“Hello, foul creature of the underworld.”
–Wendy

Doesn't make more sense that Goats already predisposed to the Gorge corruption came directly out of the Gateway Portal and were transformed by the nightmare cycle into demon-y ones in the depths? 

BTW, I think his uncorrupted skin is probs a proper goat one.

Ofc all speculation the goat connection but the seem very much alike to not considere it or draw conclusions from that similarity. 

6 hours ago, Santosario said:

Anyway, Wortox looks interesting I was hoping for a "bad" character kinda like WX (using the other survivors to keep himself alive/achieving a goal) but a healer and good demon sounds fine. Can't wait to see its skins, great job as always Klei!

I'm sorry but in which universe is WX bad or codependent to survive? If you mean overcharge he can actually overcharge himself with a telelocator staff. 

44 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

i'm not sure. We'll be abke to weave Wortox. But what about the different skins ? Will we be able to weave them or we're oblige to pay the all pack (wortox + skins ) to have all the staff?

I think they'll be weaveable too like Winona's unique skins

Archived