Wortox Arrives March 28th!

How I understand it, Joe means that Wortox is neutral to this overall story, while everyone got pulled into the constant and has beef with maxwell and charlie and all that crap, Wortox came in via another way and he's just there, at least I hope he is just that, not that his existence doesnt matter at all :( Anyways, about the short, I believe Wortox may be the reason why Wes can't talk, a goode ole devil deal-ey-o

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

image.thumb.png.38aac7ce35715159b03a397224125ac6.png

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

wait.

Storyline means William and Charlie getting sucked in to the constant and the rest leading to Gorge (without SW and HAM).

It could mean that Wortox is canon but not actually like really interacting with the storyline?

He might just be a natural resident of the Constant. The Ancients were already there, and he shares similarities with other 'demons', who just happen to seem very similar to the Ancient Skeleton.
Maxwell and Charlie might've reassembled parts of the world, but it still has a history.

Its kinda like Wortox will be a playable NPC, haha. Some benign entity that wanders the land, and happened across some interesting little humans.
...alternatively because of the Uncorrupted skin, he might've been human at one time, but is irreversibly 'a part' of the Constant now. Can't really see a demon dog going back to real world.

Cool that that image is actually from the trailer; I had assumed it was concept art.
Wild style shifts like that are cool as long as they're not like, in-game next to normal art that makes it look out of place. Looking forward to it!
I wonder if we'll be getting a small preview of what Wes will be like...

11 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I never saw Webber as the furry. People joked about it, but honestly weren't too serious about it. 
Wortox here is like, full on furry.
That's not bad, but it's certainly a step above Webber.
And Wilbur would be the OG furry in this situation. 

IDK about Wilbur. He's more of a "smart animal"-type character than a true furry. Wortox, on the other hand, is a walking, talking fluffyboi who I could definitely see a lowkey furry cosplaying as and using the excuse that he's a fictional character no shut up it's not a fursuit mom-

Yeah I think Wortox's anamatic being "different" is mainly meaning it takes place in the Constant and not in the past in the Normal World. So Wes here has already been snatched and is gonna get spooked by this fella showing up by camp.

Or maybe not. Who knows.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

How I understand it, Joe means that Wortox is neutral to this overall story, while everyone got pulled into the constant and has beef with maxwell and charlie and all that crap, Wortox came in via another way and he's just there, at least I hope he is just that, not that his existence doesnt matter at all :( Anyways, about the short, I believe Wortox may be the reason why Wes can't talk, a goode ole devil deal-ey-o

Or, Wortox is a character created and who has always lived in the Constant, like the Beefalos for example. :0

1 hour ago, lifetheuniverse said:

He might just be a natural resident of the Constant. The Ancients were already there, and he shares similarities with other 'demons', who just happen to seem very similar to the Ancient Skeleton.
Maxwell and Charlie might've reassembled parts of the world, but it still has a history.

Its kinda like Wortox will be a playable NPC, haha. Some benign entity that wanders the land, and happened across some interesting little humans.
...alternatively because of the Uncorrupted skin, he might've been human at one time, but is irreversibly 'a part' of the Constant now. Can't really see a demon dog going back to real world.

Cool that that image is actually from the trailer; I had assumed it was concept art.
Wild style shifts like that are cool as long as they're not like, in-game next to normal art that makes it look out of place. Looking forward to it!
I wonder if we'll be getting a small preview of what Wes will be like...

Sorry, I did not see your answer before writing mine...

1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

IDK about Wilbur. He's more of a "smart animal"-type character than a true furry. Wortox, on the other hand, is a walking, talking fluffyboi who I could definitely see a lowkey furry cosplaying as and using the excuse that he's a fictional character no shut up it's not a fursuit mom-

haha that made me laugh! :D

i think my biggest issue is that any fur covered, upright walking animal is immediately labeled a furry now-adays. It makes me sad. Furry is something very specific, but people like to tar other things with that brush just because they share some similarities

can you imagine the Disney Robin Hood movie coming out in this day and age? Back then, animals walking around upright and wearing clothes was just one way of portraying a animal in a movie or video game xD now, anything that doesn't walk on all fours and has fur is immediately tarred as a furry :?

I wonder if the "not quite canon" aspect of him is going to apply to all four new characters and it's a sign they will all be more creature based instead of humans ensnared. Wilton may be coming in that case.

Also i know it's too early as we don't even have the Original Cast covered, but I'm ready for Wortox and Wes Funko Pops. ;p

17 minutes ago, VexTheHex said:

I wonder if the "not quite canon" aspect of him is going to apply to all four new characters and it's a sign they will all be more creature based instead of humans ensnared. Wilton may be coming in that case.

I think it might apply to him and maybe another character. We know 100% that Wagstaff is coming to DS and we're pretty sure he's gonna be in DST as well. Since he's part of Winona's short (presumably) and the overall lore, if he gets added he'll be canon.

1 minute ago, LtShinySides said:

After all these years Wortox is finally seeing the light of day. Now all we need is Wilton, and Winnie and we'll have the whooooole cast! :D

Wallace and Waverly want a word. 

watricia too

17 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

what would happen if two Wortox are next to the same dieing creature is it random who gets the soul or is it duplicated?

Excellent observation!

2 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

consUmpTion of thE šøüłś

To me that translated to Eradication of the edge lords

lol

So the player eats souls?  He should be yellow, circular, and his music should be electronic sounds of the 80's....because it certainly sounds like a certain character I recognize of my youth, who also ate random things like berries and other fruit.

Let the mods begin..

Why is nobody speaking about the consequences and the theological implications it has the fact that all monsters have a soul. Maybe we should stop killing DST creatures altogether? Also will Wortox get souls when players die nearby? Can he eat the essence of those players? Will those players respawn in a world just like the constant but inside wortox? Are we already inside a giant wortox? What is reality? Why cant I remove this gum out of the sole of my shoe? Where do babies come from? why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Why is nobody speaking about the consequences and the theological implications it has the fact that all monsters have a soul. Maybe we should stop killing DST creatures altogether? Also will he get souls when players die nearby? Can he eat the essence of those players? Will those players respawn in a world just like the constant but inside wortox? Are we already inside a giant wortox? What is reality? why are you still reading this?

If the fact that you're actively killing a being that can feel and express pain doesn't dissuade you from slaughtering everything, I don't think anything will.

Also Webber has a soul, one that's a combined of himself and his spider part. So this is a thing already.

Archived