New update is toooooooo hard.

The game is hard now but if you have little luck you will survive. I'm playing adventure now and and I'm at day 30 and I barely survive winter. When I start thinking it's over summer finally arrived! Playing adventure just to unlock sandbox custom options!

You are wrong. (About the moving on part) First, it's called freedom of speech. Second, I'm just telling him to stop whining. I'm not telling him to go die in a hole or something.

You have the right to speek your mind but not tell tell someone else what to do. In other words you can comment about the game but not about another player and there words about the game.

Update is great, love the new world gen and dirt paths though more random things could be placed and I don't like the igloo placement in non winter, it needs to be hidden really so it gives you something to look out for later. Haven't reached winter yet since I die a lot, finding food is still unchanged to me, I just camp pig village bushes like normal :SWould really love it if pigs would get a nerf, we should at least have to have a crockpot first to befriend them, giving them any meat is too easy and makes combat changes near pointless unless its dusk / night so I suggest a recipe that uses something harder to get or maybe a item to make you able to give pigs food instead like the beehat kind of thing but it should be a achievement, not start new game, get pig army with spare meat and slaughter anything that passes. :/Only saying this because the times I die are normally when I cba to get pig army before exploring. Also about the pan flute : why get one when beefalo horns are easy to get? They suck anyway against most things if caught be suprise :PLooking forwards to freezing to death though, I hope winter is as fun as everyone says.

You have the right to speek your mind but not tell tell someone else what to do. In other words you can comment about the game but not about another player and there words about the game.

This was resolved a long time ago.

I actually know a solution.Now, when you are examining a crockpot recipe, he just sais "I made it myself!"Maybe they should hint how much it gives? Like this:5-15 "That's a really poor meal"16-30 "A nutritious snack"31-60 "An average meal"60+ "That's what i call a meal!"Or something similar. You get the idea.

I LOVE this! Seriously great idea :D

~Nice to be able to see roads on the map~

YES! I don't know why this is such a big deal to me, but I love that they did this <3 All-in-all I'm happy with the update so far. Granted, I have not explored all the ins and outs of it, but change is exciting to me.

I LOVE this! Seriously great idea :DYES! I don't know why this is such a big deal to me, but I love that they did this <3 All-in-all I'm happy with the update so far. Granted, I have not explored all the ins and outs of it, but change is exciting to me.

Well, many seem to like this.. I guess there will be a new thread in the Suggestions and Feedback forums ;)

Personalty I think the dev's are pushing us towards using the pigs to fight for us. I don't like that idea. I have to give them all my food. I would rather have it the way it was where you could take on a spider queen by yourself. I am playing Wolfgang and now he is a wimp. I can't take on 4 or 5 spiders by myself. It is not good.

Personalty I think the dev's are pushing us towards using the pigs to fight for us. I don't like that idea. I have to give them all my food. I would rather have it the way it was where you could take on a spider queen by yourself. I am playing Wolfgang and now he is a wimp. I can't take on 4 or 5 spiders by myself. It is not good.

I dislike it because it takes me out of the survival genre (which I see as inherently a solo mission) and into the RTS genre.

I would like to clarify that I think that this update is beautiful. I love the new monsters and I love the game play except that it seams that Wolfgang does not hit as hard and takes more damage per enemy swing. I think the game is great. I just think that there should be one character that is tougher and therefore has an easier time of it.

I thought the game would've been just at the perfect difficulty when winter update came. I was wrong. I liked the Sanity meter starting higher, but maybe 150 would be better. The damage AND armor nerf was just too much! Yes, the normal spiders and stuff were to easy to kill, but do I seriously need to whack a frog 3 times with a spear to kill it? The panflute was overpowered, but instead of forcing the player to use a limited resource (mandrakes) which would eventually force them to go on to another world, wouldn't it just be easier to just make it like, 20 reeds and 2 rope? I love this game, but now I find it much to hard.

I like using pigs. I use them to kill spiders, get pigskin from their corpses, make football helmets, put the helmets on the pigs, and have them kill more spiders! Good source of food, too. Intelligently managing a pig village will have you set for most of the year, at least until winter.

• Developer

Compromise! 2 hits to kill!

Being tongue poked by frogs makes me uncomfortable >.<

Ha!

I think that there is currently an issue with the spider dens where they are spawning a disproportionate number of warrior spiders. I think that is the where the majority of the actual increased difficulty is coming from, and it is a bug. Tatham is looking into it right now, and we will hotfix that today or tomorrow (as soon as its ready).

I think that the nerfed damage and reduced armour efficacy are good things, and you all just need to adjust your tactics a bit. You should not be charging in there all by yourself with a melee weapon and expecting to get out in one piece. Wilson is not Shank! :)

I'm not too worried about new players dealing with the new balance, because they will learn quickly that fighting things directly is not a good idea. I think that it's actually a bigger problem for existing players who need to unlearn what are now bad strategies. As we get closer to launch we're ramping up our internal new player testing, so don't worry about those players - we test and retest our assumptions on them, and want to keep the beginning of the game accessible.

Let them get drunk on their wine Kevin people will complain no matter what you do. I have seen many developers have also had to deal with complaints more then have gamers give constructive feedback. Personally I am glad the game it tougher and think you guys are doing a good job tweaking things many of us agree upon as being either OP,weak or unbalanced. Look forward to what else you guys do with the game as a survival game lover I am loving it so far.Besides anything people do not like as a small group someone will just end up making a mod for when the game is complete anyway.No such thing as perfection yet people who complain without any explanations or feedback/ideas will always demand it to their liking.

About the traps...They nerfed Tooth drops update before, so it takes quite a few days to build them and even more so if you want to bother making the dapper vest, even though it's not really needed.I've had worlds go 80 days before I got 4 tooth drops, and others far less. Now the teeth are needed for the blowgun as well, they might want to bump tooth drops back up a tad, but not as much as before. I know they don't want us making trap piles again.

About the traps...They nerfed Tooth drops update before, so it takes quite a few days to build them and even more so if you want to bother making the dapper vest, even though it's not really needed.I've had worlds go 80 days before I got 4 tooth drops, and others far less. Now the teeth are needed for the blowgun as well, they might want to bump tooth drops back up a tad, but not as much as before. I know they don't want us making trap piles again.

Ice hounds drop them like mad, got 12 hounds toots and 2 ice gems from 6 maybe 8 ice hounds. Just hunt for MacTusk.

Ha!I think that there is currently an issue with the spider dens where they are spawning a disproportionate number of warrior spiders. I think that is the where the majority of the actual increased difficulty is coming from, and it is a bug. Tatham is looking into it right now, and we will hotfix that today or tomorrow (as soon as its ready).I think that the nerfed damage and reduced armour efficacy are good things, and you all just need to adjust your tactics a bit. You should not be charging in there all by yourself with a melee weapon and expecting to get out in one piece. Wilson is not Shank! :)I'm not too worried about new players dealing with the new balance, because they will learn quickly that fighting things directly is not a good idea. I think that it's actually a bigger problem for existing players who need to unlearn what are now bad strategies. As we get closer to launch we're ramping up our internal new player testing, so don't worry about those players - we test and retest our assumptions on them, and want to keep the beginning of the game accessible.

Even though the warrior spider spawnrate is not intended,maybe there could be a new type of spider den that spawns warrior spiders exclusively,make it a different skin and really uncommon and perhaps let the nest and it's inhabitants drop more goodies?Now that would be a high risk high reward factor(the dreadful warrior spiders dropping way more silk and monster meat).Also it is worth noting you can avoid leaping attacks if you know some tricks (even with 5 warrior spiders at once) ;)

Ehh I dont think the lack of roads makes it more difficult per se, it just really lowers efficiency and makes early game kind of slow paced and boring. I guess it's more realistic though and forces more exploration rather than following the roads to hit all the important spots on the map which is not necessarily a bad thing. If you like the game enough, youll endure the grind.

I started playing DS right before this Winter Patch was released, about 2-4 days, and for being very new to the game I already love and appreciate the difficulty ramp up and have been striving to survive the winter. My record is 39 days surviving in any mode, and that was before winter, I think I've only made it 18 days since, but welcome the challenge as it will keep me playing and wanting more! And thanks to streamers like RiptidePow I learned what type of game this is and couldn't resist purchasing it right away, so thanks Rip and thanks Devs for creating this! can't wait to see what comes next.