New update is toooooooo hard.

I stand by my previous statement. Insulting people is not giving your opinion, it'll only aggravate people and start a flamewar needlessly derailing the thread into something ugly. As I said, you can just move on and let them be.

Can you tell me how asking someone to stop whining is an insult?

Telling people they are "cry babies" and "whiners" is the equivalent of brushing off what they wanna say and telling them to shut up. What are they to learn from this otherwise? By doing that you're not participating in the thread in a constructive way. It usually takes one person to say something weird and the thread de-evolves into memes and clips being posted instead of having an intelligent discussion about the subject at hand.I'm not going to respond anymore cause the topic is about the difficulty of the current update and I've already said what I wanted to say about it.

• Like 1

Let me repost what I posted.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

10characters

That is EXACTLY what I posted. Where do I call him a whiner or a cry baby?

Also, why are we arguing about this? We should be talking about the roads!

Winter after 12 Days, have yet to find a berry bush ^^. I like it though, quite challenging =].

Only on day 6, no berry bushes yet. I LOOOOOOOVE IT! This update was much needed, game was too easy before. There's a ton of carrots, almost too much. Yet if there weren't enough you would spend your starting days grinding rabbits.Warrior spiders out of t1 dens is my favorite update change so far, the mosquito's that give you no drops is awesome as well, but I haven't even seen the snow or new mobs yet. Oooooooh buuuudy. Edited by blitz4

As someone who never came to the forums until recently, I have to say that the community here is becoming absolutely horrible. Telling someone to "stop whining" is not constructive at all. Grow up, get your head out of your ass, and realize that people have different opinions than yourself. Just because someone has a harder time with the game than you, and comes here to express their concerns, it does not mean they are "whining". It does not make them a "noob" who needs to "man up". It does not mean they are "crying", nor are they "cry babies". Instead of being pricks with the disrespectful comments, how about you try to offer advice? How about you try to be a decent human being, and help the person out? I'm so sick of seeing the communities of great games go to crap because of all the idiots who turn the entire thing into one big flame war. The same thing happened to Project Zomboid, until the devs decided to hand out permabans for people being complete pricks to new players. If things continue the way they have been in recent threads, then I hope Klei do something similar.

Edited by Multisensory
  • Like 1

As someone who never came to the forums until recently, I have to say that the community here is becoming absolutely horrible. Telling someone to "stop whining" is not constructive at all. Grow up, get your head out of your ass, and realize that people have different opinions than yourself. Just because someone has a harder time with the game than you, and comes here to express their concerns, it does not mean they are "whining". It does not make them a "noob" who needs to "man up". It does not mean they are "crying". Instead of being pricks with the disrespectful comments, how about you try to offer advice? How about you try to be a decent human being, and help the person out? I'm so sick of seeing the communities of great games go to crap because of all the idiots who turn the entire thing into one big flame war.

thank you!

As someone who never came to the forums until recently, I have to say that the community here is becoming absolutely horrible. Telling someone to "stop whining" is not constructive at all. Grow up, get your head out of your ass, and realize that people have different opinions than yourself. Just because someone has a harder time with the game than you, and comes here to express their concerns, it does not mean they are "whining". It does not make them a "noob" who needs to "man up". It does not mean they are "crying", nor are they "cry babies". Instead of being pricks with the disrespectful comments, how about you try to offer advice? How about you try to be a decent human being, and help the person out?

Sorry is i suppose i was being a bit of a bad person i am just tired of the updates being made easy due to everyone complaining.

Stuff

It's the history of the forums you have missed that makes it seem harsher than it is.Many updates to this game were followed by what some saw as nerfs because of the endless "this game is too hard" posts.Some of us actually got this game for what it was, a survival game, which is a genre of game that's meant to be challenging.Others got too used to the casual nature of the game before the more difficult features were added and they reacted poorly each time they were.After a while you just get really tired of reading the same knee jerk reactionary threads from players who want the game to be more casual and respond accordingly. The anger comes from dealing with people arguing from a position of ignorance (see below), and then seeing them rewarded for it with hotfixes. Which is why it's hard to just ignore their posts and not respond, knowing it can influence the developers.Now, this game is point and click, it's not complicated, but there are plenty of things to learn to get better at the game.If person A. thinks the game is difficult because they can't deal with X, but I handle X just fine this isn't because I'm better than them or they suck, it's because I know more about the game than they do currently.If they don't understand the game yet, then how can their opinions on difficulty be taken seriously at all? The argument then becomes, well you will turn away new players to the game if it's too hard and they don't want to spend the time with it to get better. To that the only proper response is that this game isn't for everyone. Next time they might want to pay more attention to what they are purchasing, or God forbid, spend a little more time with the game.

It's the history of the forums you have missed that makes it seem harsher than it is.

Wow.. None of what followed that statement justifies or actually even addressed the juvenile, rude and intolerant responses to the OP (and others like him) in any way."We got tired of the whining, so we got a bit nasty" isn't a position- it's an excuse.

I think everyone has the right to voice their own opinion - whether the game is too difficult, or too easy. If you don't like people snapping at you for saying the game is too easy then don't snap at them for saying it's too hard. It's only fair.