On Base Locations

What's your preferred base location?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What's the truly optimal base location?

• in the Pig King Birchnut Forest
    • in the Oasis desert
    • in the DFly & Hound Desert
    • in a Merged Desert
    • in Caves
    • in the Moonstone Forest
    • in the center of the world
    • multi-basing near resource spots
    • near the Bee Queen
    • specifically near a wormhole
    • I'm a nomad, i don't base.
    • "GAIS PLEEeES HELPPPPP WHERE IS BAIS???? U R SO ROAD U KNO >:("

Preferably a central location where Tumbleweeds, the green area filled with Killer Bees, and the Meteor Field aren't too far of a journey to reach.
I open every cave entrance in the world and use them as shortcuts, so not too close to any of those...because murderbats.

I think it's best to have multiple bases. 
One main base within range of Pig King, optimally in range of Wormhole and/or Bee Queen. 
One minor base in the Desert, optimally in range of Underground Entrance and/or Wormhole.  . 
One secondary base in the Underground, optimally in range of Toadstool Spawns and/or Ruins. 
One very basic base in the savannah or forest biomes for Giants / Hounds / Krampii Farming. 

i base based on resources and wormholes, not so much landmarks, biomes, or set pieces! some things i like being next to/have access to: dfly, swamp, 2-3 useful wormholes, a sinkhole that leads close to ruins, and mactusk (if im in a public server)

On 3/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, Starlogy said:

i like to base in the ocean

Psh, skybox is 20 times better. But I'll admit, ocean is P-good.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'll ask a mod to open if they're interested.

Wait, do you have someone already working on this... Or...?

I'll second TurtleKitty's vote for what do you mean, "location"?

At a minimum, you need fire pits for cooking, light, and warmth/cooling at the Pig King, Oasis, DFly desert, bee queen, and other locations you're likely to visit repeatedly.  And it wouldn't hurt to have at least one crock pot, a chest for excess loot, and a lightning rod so those things don't get burnt.  And if it's not too much trouble, you could add a bird cage and a bundle-wrapped bird.  I'm not saying a full-scale base or anything, but enough for a cozy overnight stay.

And you have to carpet the floor so the lureplants don't sneak in while you're away, obviously.

Doesn't hurt to have a pit stop outside MacTusk camps, either.  (They don't need carpeting.)

Upgrading the rest stops and building roads between them provides a natural progression toward building a megabase.  But it's less deliberate and planned, and more like urban sprawl.

6 hours ago, goatt said:

You should add bee queen to the list. It’s a good base, because it usually connects to moonstone, df, oasis, pk, triple MacTusk. It’s a convenient location. Me as an experienced player like it.

And wormhole bases, and center-world bases and multibasing too, i reckon... Thanks for the insight! :D

Pretty hammered under a bridge... oh wait! You were asking me where's my base, not where I usually am irl. Upssssy! :rolleyes:

On Survival pubs most of times I camp at Ruins entrance - Wilds biome, close to the lichens area for food and Nightmare Fissures shadows mushing-farm. On Endless servers nowadays in the small area before Labyrinth - provided is fairly bigish (example below).

Spoiler

labyrinth-entrace-base-ingame

before_labyrith_base

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Nope, Natural Steve just gave me some tips on how to start modding but I'm not in the position or time to do that yet.592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.png

If you can handle digital art, I could set this up for you, I see you/your character everywhere here, so like, message me if you're interested. 
Thumbs up motion.

Archived